SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    L.E.O.'s What are the criminal's doing ?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

L.E.O.'s What are the criminal's doing ? Login/Join 
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
Usually in my town (suburb of Dallas) the police presence is quite obvious, but so far I haven't seen may of them on the main streets. I don't know if they are cursing neighborhoods more, or areas where people might congregate, or what.

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIG's 'n Surefires
Picture of M-11
posted Hide Post
Status quo in M-11 Jr's town. But then, they never stopped doing the job.

"Common sense is wisdom with its sleeves rolled up." -Kyle Farnsworth
"Freedom of Speech does not guarantee freedom from consequences." -Mike Rowe
"Democracies aren't overthrown, they're given away." -George Lucas

Posts: 6880 | Location: IL, due south of the Arch | Registered: April 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BigSwede:
What are the smart ones up to?

Looking at precious metals depositories. Cool

In all seriousness, friends who works at a few Bay Area PD, said they're keeping an eye on banks, jewelry stores and certain warehouses that have electronics and other premium goods. With the disruption to everyday activity and business' being closed, it's a ripe time for a major robbery.

Posts: 14573 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
fugitive from reality
Picture of SgtGold
posted Hide Post
Not an leo here, but all crime is way down in NYC. The average is -17% with rape down almost -60%. Auto theft is way up with a +50% jump. Go figure.

Posts: 7069 | Location: Newyorkistan | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Auto theft up in NYC? Maybe so the car thieves can GTFO of C19 central!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rusbro:
Usually in my town (suburb of Dallas) the police presence is quite obvious, but so far I haven't seen may of them on the main streets. I don't know if they are cursing neighborhoods more, or areas where people might congregate, or what.
Did you mean "cruising"? (Although "cursing" might also be appropriate.)

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
Sadly, non have attempted to gain entry into my compound.

Posts: 10827 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post

Posts: 23243 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
quote:
Originally posted by rusbro:
Did you mean "cruising"? (Although "cursing" might also be appropriate.)

flashguy

Haha! I guess they go hand-in-hand: Where they be cruising, they be cursing. Big Grin

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
Our call volume has been down drastically. Most everything is closed. A small fraction of the normal vehicular traffic as well. My division usually has a few dozen wrecks a day (many MASSIVE business campuses-Wells Fargo, IBM, BOA, etc.). Right now we're sitting on like 8 or less.

DVs are up though.

I know they are bouncing several staffing ideas around. Their fear is a swath of us will get infected/quarantined at the same time. I have no idea what their plan is though.

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11446 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
yep, our call volume is down as well her in SLc. Domestics and overdose calls are going through the roof.

Posts: 7721 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
quote:
I have no idea what their plan is though.

The Plan is "hope it doesn't happen because we will have to work the road." Yep, detectives and command staff would be on patrol.

Posts: 3909 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Criminals-
Things slowed down last weekend across the city. Yesterday was rather nice out and 12 people caught an acute case of lead poisoning, no fatalities.

Department-
UGGGG.... Don't get me started. Roll Eyes

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8321 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
Traffic in my area is greatly diminished. I've only driven to a couple of places, no more than 2 miles from my house, to get food for me and the cats, and drive-thru meals. Haven't seen a cop car at all.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My Time is Yours
Picture of davetruong
posted Hide Post
Our genius governor is releasing criminals...

God, Family, Country.

Posts: 6005 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: October 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JR78
posted Hide Post
There has been a huge up tick in domestics. Like 48% worth.

Posts: 1963 | Location: DFW | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Give it another 3-4 weeks. Burglaries, robberies and home invasions will skyrocket.

Posts: 656 | Registered: February 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 808
posted Hide Post
This area of Wv showing call volume down.

https://www.newstribune.info/n...ased-in-recent-weeks

Posts: 1230 | Location: Great Commonwealth of Pennsylvania | Registered: February 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIP2000GLO:
Give it another 3-4 weeks. Burglaries, robberies and home invasions will skyrocket.

Already started here. Domestics were way up the last day I worked. As well as ‘rona related scams. People seem to be falling for it at a much higher rate.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37081 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jsbcody:
quote:
I have no idea what their plan is though.

The Plan is "hope it doesn't happen because we will have to work the road." Yep, detectives and command staff would be on patrol.

Yeah I’ve already been assigned to a squad should that occur.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37081 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post