SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    L.E.O.'s What are the criminal's doing ?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

L.E.O.'s What are the criminal's doing ? Login/Join 
The Whack-Job
Whisperer
Picture of 18DAI
posted Hide Post
I'm retired from LE, but serving as a criminal Magistrate. DVs are up through the roof the last 3 days. All that at home togetherness. And alchohol. Wink

DUIs are down 100%. All the bars are closed. I usually have 6 to 10 DUIs per shift. Only did 1 in 4 shifts last week. Regards 18DAI

7+1 Rounds of hope and change

Posts: 4231 | Registered: August 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Are Dv's domestic violance call's ?

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54626 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Anyone who can be stuffed into a uniform is going to 12 hour shifts, though we aren't real busy.

Posts: 632 | Registered: June 11, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
Are Dv's domestic violance call's ?

Yeah, its a catch all. While there are classifications and requirements for it to truly be a "domestic", two drunk dudes that live together and fight constantly are a DV call, despite they are not technically a "domestic".

We respond to that kind of call as much as we do the traditional husband and wife spatting, physical or not. Truly, the "I thought you said you didn't want have to come back out here tonight?".

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rusbro:

I don't know if they are cursing neighborhoods more,
If you knew our HOA and the Management Company, you would really, really, be cursing.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30659 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by davetruong:
Our genius governor is releasing criminals...

On Friday, Newsom just commuted the sentences of 21 convicts, over half of them murderers. The link lists their names and crimes Eek

https://www.sfgate.com/news/cr...cluding-15162968.php

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16691 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:
quote:
Originally posted by davetruong:
Our genius governor is releasing criminals...

On Friday, Newsom just commuted the sentences of 21 convicts, over half of them murderers. The link lists their names and crimes Eek

https://www.sfgate.com/news/cr...cluding-15162968.php

Much like the rest of the prop-47 early releases, they won't taken by the urban cities but, shuffled-off to semi-rural communities like Redding, Chico, Eureka, Bakersfield, Riverside and Visalia further compounding their crime levels. And, the liberals continue to wonder why people continue to apply for CCL's and buy firearms Roll Eyes

Posts: 14653 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
^^^^
If I remember correctly, King Ralph is trying to put a few back on the streets early as well.

God bless America.

Posts: 13494 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bump

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54626 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, we were just a little busy on the 7th.
Nice enough day, low 70's, sun shining, birds a chirping.

The lovely day was punctuated by more than enough gunfire.

https://chicago.suntimes.com/c...-april-7gun-violence

21 shot, 7 of them dead. Another guy (Former Marine) got thrown in front of the El Train.

Personally, I was at a 1 year olds birthday party! Knives pulled, a little slash or two between female cousins, a gun got pulled, another family member shot in the thigh. Bad guy baracaded himself in an apartment, but was able to sneak out before we got it surrounded.

While I was attending to those festivities in the rain, another dude found himself dead from accute lead poisoning a few blocks away.

It was a Tuesday... This summer is going to be fun!

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8338 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
32nd degree
Picture of roarindan
posted Hide Post
Friend of mine is in the U S Border Patrol, he says his arrests are almost non existent.

"the world doesn't end til yer dead, 'til then there's more beatin's in store, stand it like a man, and give some back"
Al Swearengen

Posts: 4586 | Location: East Overshoe, second buckle from the top. | Registered: January 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Domestics and child abuse cases have sky rocketed. Burglary from unlocked vehicles are also sky high. Luckily the people that leave their car doors unlocked are also the ones that think storing firearms in the car is a good idea. We’ve had over a dozen handguns and at least 4 long guns stolen this week, most of which the owners don’t know the serial numbers. Officers are much less proactive in an attempt to stay healthy. Staring to get worried about it honestly. The city has shut down all public parks for the Easter weekend, which isn’t going to go over well.

-----------------------
be safe.

Posts: 260 | Location: DFW, Texas | Registered: June 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CPD SIG:
Well, we were just a little busy on the 7th.
Nice enough day, low 70's, sun shining, birds a chirping.

The lovely day was punctuated by more than enough gunfire.

https://chicago.suntimes.com/c...-april-7gun-violence

21 shot, 7 of them dead. Another guy (Former Marine) got thrown in front of the El Train.

Personally, I was at a 1 year olds birthday party! Knives pulled, a little slash or two between female cousins, a gun got pulled, another family member shot in the thigh. Bad guy baracaded himself in an apartment, but was able to sneak out before we got it surrounded.

While I was attending to those festivities in the rain, another dude found himself dead from accute lead poisoning a few blocks away.

It was a Tuesday... This summer is going to be fun!

Well at least they were practicing Groot's (that is the affectionate nickname for the Chicago Mayor) message on Social Distancing. Wink

Between that segment of the population and entitled millennials, I think they are TRYING to catch the Kung Flu.

Posts: 3934 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:

" One of my crew got himself perished." --- T-Bird

Posts: 15891 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Ice Cream Man
posted Hide Post
I know there was some “weird” at the plant, but that seems to have gone down.

(Someone put a stick up a gutter, embedded in concrete, then partially pulled off a freeze cover on a spigot, and turned a drain cover.)

No bums at all in the industrial park - pretty sure they did most of the random pilfering/I also think the local LEOs might be bored enough to actually patrol it,

Posts: 5734 | Location: Republic of Ice Cream, Miami Beach, FL | Registered: May 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I will fear no evil..
Psalm 23:4
posted Hide Post
Still doing heroin and overdosing...

Posts: 947 | Location: NJ | Registered: September 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
3 shot dead on Friday. (That's just the shootings, NOT shots fired) A handful of robberies in my district, an armed robbery/ stabbing too.

Let's see what tomorrow brings.

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8338 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
We're getting killed on stolen cars. A lot are when people leave them running in gas station parking lots.

Lots of shootings, etc., but I don't think we had a homicide last night. I know there were some death investigations, but I think they were all ODs and suicides. We're probably kinda like you, so many radio dispatch groups that I don't know about a homicide unless I look at the news half the time, if it's not my division.

My guys' uses of force are up. I don't know if it's just our luck, or city wide. But I'll tell you my GD paperwork has been absolutely crippling the last few nights from it. I should finish the last one when I get back in tonight. Just in time for a wild Saturday night...

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11448 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives
posted Hide Post
we have had a reduction in everything but stolen cars and domestic disturbances.

We did have one awesome COVID call last week: Dude calls in that his roomate is dying of coronavirus and he is giving him CPR. We get there while the EMTs are dressing up in their shower curtains and grinding shields, dude can be seen through the trailer door giving chest compressions and the occasional mouth to mouth (everytime he went tothe rescue breath, there was a chorus of "no, no, don't, ughh too late).

Anyway, EMTs take over, guy is breathing on his own, has no fever, and was just passed out from too much alcohol. Roomate assumed when his drinking buddy passed out that it was COVID, so he threw him on the floor, called 911 and broke his sternum doing chest compressions. While the EMTs are reviving the unconsious drunk, drunk first aid dude is rambling about how he knew they shouldnt have gone into public (the liquor store is the only place they have been in 2 weeks).

As we are leaving, he asks if there is any way, even though it is spreading the virus, that we can leave the liquor store open.

"I don't own the night, I only operate a small franchise" - Author unknown

Posts: 2447 | Location: Texas | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
This is the calm before the storm. Our governor just released hundreds of prisoners that he deemed "non-violent". One guy released in an earlier batch stabbed another guy within 48 hours. Another to be released was shot by officers when he was trying to intentionally run them down as he was being taken into custody on a warrant. The underlying charges? Theft and trafficking of over 20 guns. However, his charges aren't considered "violent" by state sentencing guidelines.

It's going to be bad soon.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post