SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Anyone not use a microwave oven because of...microwaves?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone not use a microwave oven because of...microwaves? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
its why I use only! aluminum .
cups saucers, glasses, plates, pots pans,skillets, and dishes.

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54500 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Haven't used one for years due to questions about what it's doing to the food. And the extra space on the counter is a bug plus.

Posts: 698 | Registered: February 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by braillediver:
And don't forget- The Nazis invented the microwave oven........

I remember that old joke.

German microwave oven, seats five.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rekstrom:
turbo encabulator

Turbo Encabulator here.

God bless America.

Posts: 13425 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Apparently they do take all the nutrition out of our food. Smile

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fenris:
So, you're saying that my granite counter tops are killing me?
Nah, you'll be fine. Just don't take it for granite.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30544 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Just finished the left-over home-made beef stew after reheating it in the microwave oven. Tasted damn fine. So: No.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
A friend of mine recently told me that she has not used a microwave in over 10 years. She quoted numerous studies that say microwaves change the molecular makeup of the food, and those changes have been tied to an increase in autism and other assorted horrible things.

I've Googled a bit...the more the FDA says "within safe standards" the more nervous I get. LOL

Any opinions?

Mine changes the molecular structures so much that my bacon turned into a juicy steak every night. Love it!

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No ethanol!
posted Hide Post
I don't believe it does anything to the food used correctly. Don't burn it, and especially don't burn the plastics if not microwave safe.

I will say that when using a bluetooth earpiece on a call and heating leftovers at the same time, I heard static increase dramatically as I went over to the running microwave to check on heating. It may not have been cooking me, but some electromagnetic field made itself obvious 1-4 feet out.

------------------
The plural of anecdote is not data. -Frank Kotsonis

Posts: 1990 | Location: Berks Co PA | Registered: December 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cynic
Picture of charlie12
posted Hide Post
I had Crawfish Ettouffee this morning that I warmed up in the microwave and it tasted like Crawfish.

Posts: 13014 | Location: Pride, Louisiana | Registered: August 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was having problems with WiFi cutting out when I had a laptop on the kitchen table. Turned out the WiFi cut out whenever the microwave was running. Both the microwave and the WiFi 802.11 emit rf in the same frequency range. All 3 microwaves in my kitchen leaked enough to stop the WiFi from working. I still use the microwave, but I don't press my nose to the glass to watch the popcorn pop.

Posts: 1313 | Location: Gainesville, VA | Registered: February 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
I mean really, you need to watch out for them microwaves. They can be a mite dangerous.

YouTuber cements his head in a microwave for prank, fears for his life. Fire officials save him

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30297 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
I have been cooking (more precisely heating) food with a microwave and I'm still not autistic. I can't draw or paint pictures, write a song or poem, play a musical instrument, nothing. Frown

Posts: 27834 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post