SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Very puzzling sign-in thing on Firefox vs Chrome
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Very puzzling sign-in thing on Firefox vs Chrome Login/Join 
Master of one hand
pistol shooting
Picture of Hamden106
posted
All of a sudden Firefox fails to let me sign-in/log-in to a website where I am able to edit page content. One day I could sign-in. Next day I get "wrong user name or password". This is Firefox on my desktop PC.

On my laptop the same sign-in succeeds with Firefox. So I can still edit.

Back on the desktop, with chrome, the same log-in succeeds.

Logging in to other sites, like here, still works on the Firefox-desktop.

What could have happened to Firefox on my desktop to stop a certain site log-in?? Where do I look for a problem??

SIGnature
NRA Benefactor CMP Pistol Distinguished

Posts: 6314 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Find and delete the cookies for the site in question on the browser giving you trouble.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master of one hand
pistol shooting
Picture of Hamden106
posted Hide Post
Everything clears when firefox closes. I looked in options and security for more to clear.

Try sign-in again and get same failure....

SIGnature

Posts: 6314 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doing what I want,
When I want,
If I want!
Picture of beltfed21
posted Hide Post
Try a reboot after clearing cookies. The app may be leaving something in memory that only clears with a refresh. Just a thought.

"On the other side of fear you will always find freedom"

Posts: 2667 | Registered: January 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hobbs
posted Hide Post
Maybe I'd say it's a laptop vs desktop thing rather than a firefox vs chrome thing. You're running firefox on both the laptop and desktop ... works on the laptop but not on the desktop.

To see if any desktop browser addons might be the culprit, go to the 3-bar icon in the upper right corner of firefox > Help > Restart With Add-ons Disabled ... the browser will close and restart in safe mode (you'll see a pop up and click on safe mode) and all add-ons will be disabled. I've successfully troubleshot some browser issues this way and found some sites don't like my add-ons or firefox multi-account containers (that I added to the browser).

For other things you might try, which basically have already been mentioned, here is a link to a mozilla (firefox) support article that might help ... https://support.mozilla.org/en...es-require-passwords

Posts: 4700 | Location: Bathing in the stream of consciousness ~~~ | Registered: July 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master of one hand
pistol shooting
Picture of Hamden106
posted Hide Post
Had to reinstall Firefox. Works now

There are things on this new Firefox I will have to figure out. Frown

SIGnature

W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
This happened to me but it turned out my keyboard failed on one key that happened to be in my password.

Posts: 45374 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master of one hand
pistol shooting
Picture of Hamden106
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mark123:
This happened to me but it turned out my keyboard failed on one key that happened to be in my password.

Log-in to Weebly worked again for 2 days. Now it fails again on Firefox. But works with Chrome.
My password is saved inside the PC.

Firefox log-ins to all other places work fine.

SIGnature