SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Suspect grabs taser off police belt and gets shot
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Suspect grabs taser off police belt and gets shot Login/Join 
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted
This one just goes to show that police, fire, and medical always have to be on guard. Everyone is trying to help this guy who quickly turns very dangerous. Perhaps the officer was standing too close but he snatched that taser super quick.

Also notice the click, tap, rack by the officer when his Glock jams. I can’t tell if he actually got off a round or not. If so he might have been riding the slide with his support thumb.

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Well at least his momma can't say why didn't you just shoot him in the leg.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20756 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
Well at least his momma can't say why didn't you just shoot him in the leg.

And she can’t say they didn’t get him expedient medical treatment. The only way it could have been more expedient would have been to shoot him when he’s already in the ER.

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
And the paramedics were already on scene. How fortuitous for the bone-head.

Posts: 10827 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dusty78:

Also notice the click, tap, rack by the officer when his Glock jams. I can’t tell if he actually got off a round or not. If so he might have been riding the slide with his support thumb.
I think maybe the weapon might have not been in battery to begin with, maybe from holstering?

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Wow. The stupid was strong with that one.

Dafuq you thinkin, yo?

Impressive immediate action by that cop with the malf. He got right back in the fight.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12745 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dusty78:
Also notice the click, tap, rack by the officer when his Glock jams.

Yes, interesting. It appears he actually tries twice to deal with some problem. The first time the slide may be out of battery, and he seems to hit the back of the slide with the heel of his hand. The next time he grabs the slide and pulls it back. There appears to be something in one frame above the gun that may have been a cartridge or case, but I can’t be certain.

I’m not very familiar with Glocks, but it also looks like there’s a pretty good gap between the magazine floor plate and the frame as if the magazine wasn’t seated properly. And I never saw him tap the bottom of the mag to ensure it was seated.

I was also cringing when the other officer kept moving between the first officer’s gun and the subject.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47365 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
Tasers are typically carried crossdraw. The ease of a gun snatch from a crossdraw is why we stopped using crossdraw holsters 40 years ago

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4358 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HayesGreener:
Tasers are typically carried crossdraw. The ease of a gun snatch from a crossdraw is why we stopped using crossdraw holsters 40 years ago

The first time I was involved in offering my opinion on the subject, I strongly recommended carrying TASERs butt to the rear on the nondominant side for that reason. For a time that was how they were carried, but later (when no one was asking for my input any longer) they had switched to crossdraw.

In addition, with a crossdraw setup the officer’s grip on the TASER and handgun are both the same from the beginning of their deployment. Drawing with the nondominant hand, though, is a distinct difference that can help prevent confusion between the two weapons.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47365 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
That guy was sandbagging, waiting for his opportunity. He reacted WAY to fast and knew exactly what he was doing. You have to be on your guard at all times and expect the unexpected of you end up having a bad day.

Granted, no officers were injured but I'll bet they all could have done with out that incident. That's a bad day.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37931 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mr. Waffles
Picture of cherokee2u
posted Hide Post
ahh shit

A shepherd must tend his flock....and at times fight off the wolves

Posts: 2988 | Location: Carolina | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
What a shifty piece of shit. He was looking for a confrontation and got it. Too bad he lived.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23099 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Smarter than the
average bear
posted Hide Post
I don't know if that guy was mentally impaired, under the influence, stubborn, or just stupid. But I don't think that I would have opened fire from two car lengths away on the guy because he had a taser. I say that knowing that another officer was there. One on one it could have been a different story, as I'm not going to let a guy tase me and then I'm defenseless.

Question for LEOs: Are you allowed to forcibly restrain someone at the scene of an accident in order to administer first aid if it is refused? I would think if he caused the accident, then they could take him into custody, and I know you can get a warrant to draw blood. But this didn't seem to be the case here. They just said "they are going to check you out". I didn't see any indication or attempt to put into custody prior to the taser snatch and shooting.

Posts: 3424 | Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana | Registered: June 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
And now he got a hole in him.

WOW.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36834 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I bet he's glad the EMT's are there and doesn't mind getting checked out now. Moron...[SMH]

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11054 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by honestlou:
But I don't think that I would have opened fire from two car lengths away on the guy because he had a taser. I say that knowing that another officer was there.

I agree and would not like having to explain doing that under the deadly force rules I am familiar with.

6.4/93.6

— Plato

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post

Posts: 107258 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
quote:
Originally posted by honestlou:
But I don't think that I would have opened fire from two car lengths away on the guy because he had a taser. I say that knowing that another officer was there.

I agree and would not like having to explain doing that under the deadly force rules I am familiar with.

In the audio, one officer says he didn't know if the BG had snatched the other officer's taser or his gun.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17459 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fenris:
In the audio, one officer says he didn't know if the BG had snatched the other officer's taser or his gun.

I am pretty certain that the officer whose TASER was taken was shooting, and that’s the one I was referring to primarily.

The officer whose body camera footage we see was also evidently the one who was yelling, “He’s got a TASER.” Later he says that he didn’t know if the subject had a gun or TASER, but from the video it would seem he first recognized that it wasn’t a gun.

Of course, that’s just my interpretation of all that, and I could be wrong. Trying to figure out what happened just from a review of a BC video is notoriously unreliable.

6.4/93.6

— Plato

Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
quote:
Originally posted by HayesGreener:

The first time I was involved in offering my opinion on the subject, I strongly recommended carrying TASERs butt to the rear on the nondominant side for that reason. For a time that was how they were carried, but later (when no one was asking for my input any longer) they had switched to crossdraw.

In addition, with a crossdraw setup the officer’s grip on the TASER and handgun are both the same from the beginning of their deployment. Drawing with the nondominant hand, though, is a distinct difference that can help prevent confusion between the two weapons.

If you remember I once posted a police video where once officer had his taser in his gun hand aiming it as it he didn’t realize it wasn’t his sidearm while in an active shootout.