SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Bed in a Box, What do you like?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bed in a Box, What do you like? Login/Join 
Take the risk or
lose the chance
posted Hide Post
Bought a T&N two years ago. Was softer than I had hoped but was okay for a year, then began to sag. Past few months the "wells" on each side of the mattress + softness gave me no choice but to dispose of it. No more beds in a box for me.

----------------------------------------
“The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.”

Posts: 1475 | Location: RR12 | Registered: February 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
One thing to note on bed in a box is the trial period warranty.

If you buy direct from manufacturer, it's their published 90/100 day trial period. If you buy their product through Amazon, it's Amazon's standard 30 day return window.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23221 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
Anyone have experience with these guys?

https://www.dreamcloudsleep.com/mattress

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6997 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of LH2
posted Hide Post
Love my Zotto. I'm mostly a side sleeper, and occasionally sleep on my back.

I've got chronic low back / SI joint pain, and it was immediately better with the Zotto. Not gone, but definitely improved.

www.zottosleep.com

Posts: 3443 | Location: Arizona | Registered: September 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
So what is best for the gravitationally challenged?

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
My back absolutely loved the Purple. My bad shoulder? Not so much.

I hated to return it but the shoulder won out.

What do you sleep on now?

Posts: 10913 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I don't understand this term- "Bed in a Box".

What does that mean?

Posts: 107507 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
The foam mattresses are vacuum sealed and delivered in a box to your home. You have to unseal them and they expand to their final size and shape.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
Refers to a foam mattress that is vacuum packaged and shipped in a box. When you receive it and open the packaging, it expands to its normal shape. Not a chance it will ever fit back in the box.

Posts: 10913 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
Can they go on a standard box spring or do they need any other special support?

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38648 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
They vary by manufacturer. Some want a certain base, most don’t.

quote:
Originally posted by 6guns:
Can they go on a standard box spring or do they need any other special support?

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6997 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
You don't need to use box springs with a memory foam mattress. We have all our mattresses on wood "platform beds".

Posts: 32495 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Mattress Underground has a really good forum with lots of feedback and reviews on various models. I ended up joining the forum and as part of the deal some of the manufacturers will give you rebates or other special perks if you mention you're a forum member (basically their way of advertising). When we bought our SleepEZ organic latex (13") mattress we also got a 5% cash rebate from them. Literally got a nice check in the mail a few weeks after purchase. Our bed wasn't cheap, around $2500 for our King but it's fully customized and has been the best purchased we've made in years. We also bought a Japanese-style platform to put the mattress on, as it doesn't use a box spring. We're about 3-4 years on this baby and I'd buy it again in a heartbeat.

Btw, SleepEZ in AZ was a great company to work with. Linky. They have some money-back trial period as well as a free adjustment for one layer (I believe) if you aren't happy. Our mattress is made up of 4 individual layers that can be changed. When you order you discuss your weights/size and sleeping needs and they help you pick the right layers. Each side of the bed can be made to match the person sleeping on it! We had also gone into a local Sleep Nation to look at latex and get ideas, but the beds were literally twice as expensive and not as nice as what we ended up with.

Posts: 5691 | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

I have a platform bed and use just an innerspring mattress, which I replaced this week after 20+ years of use (yes it was overdue). I don't really like foam. Mine came from Amazon Prime (free delivery), and it was a bed in a box, only the box was the same size as the innerspring mattress. Sealy, made in the USA.

Posts: 10784 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
I've had a Leesa for about a year and been very happy with it. It's supposedly cooler than some of the other MF mattresses out there.

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post