SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I am so going to have to cancel this Credit Card aren't I???
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I am so going to have to cancel this Credit Card aren't I??? Login/Join 
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted
Figured it was too good to be true.
The North Face Kuna Crest shoe is hands down the greatest pair of everyday shoes I have owned. I had them for like 5 years before they finally fell to pieces and this was back in the late 90s.
In researching to try to find something similar I came upon this link. For them for sale.

http://www.webtrade.top/generi...st-mens-p-28281.html

Figured for $25 I'd press my luck.
Added my credit card info as a guest and got this:

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25421 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
You included a link to a suspicious Chinese retailer webpage? Thanks. Smile

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12719 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:
Figured it was too good to be true.
The North Face Kuna Crest shoe is hands down the greatest pair of everyday shoes I have owned. I had them for like 5 years before they finally fell to pieces and this was back in the late 90s.

WHOA Eek You're the anomaly for that shoe. I was with TNF when that shoe came out, it was apart of the first generation of TNF footwear. Internally, it was known as the Kuna Crusher, none of the athletes could run in it, they'd come back complaining that their knees were killing them. We ended up wearing them as everyday shoes until the initial run was sold-out. The Montrail Hardrock was THE shoe model back then, the Columbia bought them and they never recovered.

Posts: 14653 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
That is pretty cool.
I never used the as a running shoe. Just an everyday high school and college walking around shoe.
So I did put lots of miles on them. They are without a doubt my most favorite pair of everyday shoes I have owned. They were very comfortable and they lasted a really really long time.
I had a size 12 and moved to a 13 with them.
The issue I had was the thinner red material started to pull away from the thicker leather areas. It may have been due to my feet growing.
I had no sole separation or anything like that.

My brother had a pair too and he had the same experience as I did. Pretty sure he still actually has his.

I have found this pair by Lowa that seems to be somewhat similar in nature.

https://www.lowaboots.com/mens...®-lo?color=Blue/Gray

I have two pair of Lowa boots that are absolutely outstanding so I am likely to give the Lowas a go.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25421 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
On questionable transactions, I always use my AmEx card. Not that the other credit cards won't protect me but my experience with AmEx has earned my confidence.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19663 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
Something about a return due to special characters? Sorry, my Chinese is even worse than my Japanese.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16351 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rey HRH:
On questionable transactions, I always use my AmEx card. Not that the other credit cards won't protect me but my experience with AmEx has earned my confidence.

My experience as well. AMEX has always been very accomodating.

Posts: 2169 | Registered: April 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Casuistic Thinker and Daoist
Picture of 9mmepiphany
posted Hide Post
quote:

Yup, using AmEx is always the wiser route

No, Daoism isn't a religion

Posts: 14184 | Location: northern california | Registered: February 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 9mmepiphany:
quote:

Yup, using AmEx is always the wiser route

My only choice online unless not an option.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12417 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post