SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I am now a gentleman of leisure
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I am now a gentleman of leisure Login/Join 
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
Congratulations!

Retirement is great, if you planned properly.

My ex BIL did not plan properly, and is constantly worrying about money, lacks funding to travel, pursue hobbies, play golf, etc.

Posts: 13678 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RaiseHal
posted Hide Post
I'm basically getting about half pay, but I'm single with only a few small bills so I should be OK. Then in 5 years I'll be 62 and will get a big raise with my social security checks.

I'm kinda thinking of getting a class b camper van type vehicle so the dog and I could hit the road for extended trips. Maybe go from state park to state park for a while.

It's a shame that youth is wasted on the young --- Mark Twain

Anyone who is not a liberal by age 20 has no heart; anyone who is not a conservative by age 40 has no brain---Winston Churchill

Posts: 4650 | Location: The Free State of Georgia | Registered: August 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
Congratulations!!!

T minus 30 years and counting for me. I've still got a bit to go, unless that Power Ball ticket I bought yesterday hits.

Live below your means. Invest the difference, and start early if you haven't already done so. Don't depend on the government, company pension or anybody else providing for you when you want to quit.

A nation which can prefer disgrace to danger is prepared for a master-and deserves one. Ronald Reagan, 1964, quoted from Alexander Hamilton

Posts: 1684 | Location: Southern Tennessee | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Velvet Voicebox
posted Hide Post
Congrats to you!

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."

--Sir Winston Churchill

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

--James Earl Jones

Posts: 7655 | Location: KCMO | Registered: August 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post