SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Our daughter's birthday
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Our daughter's birthday Login/Join 
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted
What's a 12 year old archer want to do for a birthday party? Have her friends and extended archery family meet her at the club after hours.

Huge thanks to Kenny and Susan Cuchiara, owners of the Arizona Archery Club for opening up the shop tonight for our daughter's birthday. A fun time was had by all. The kids who wanted to socialize did, the kids who wanted to be serious and practice for tournaments this weekend did and the ones who wanted to just have fun and fling arrows at balloons and 3D targets did as well. I had fun coaching a couple of our daughter's non archery friends and put a bow in their hands for the first time.

Having survived the escalating arms race of her friends' birthdays, this was nice. Good friends, bring pizza and wings from the restaurant up the street, a cooler full of beverages, a phenomenal cake from a local bakery and adults flinging arrows alongside their kids. Of course I got the cool dad award for wrapping her gift in duct tape, a Ruger Mk IV Target.

At the same time, I realize how much I miss my dad tonight. My birthdays with him were simple; my dad, me, and one friend, grab the fishing poles, load up the truck and spend the day fishing. Somehow simple seems to be more than the complex planning and expense of bounce houses, Chucky Cheese and Dave & Buster's.

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11749 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Failing to prepare is
preparing to fail.
Picture of SigLaw
posted Hide Post
Sounds like you had a great time. Enjoy these moments and file them away in your memory bank.

I really enjoy your stories of you and your daughter.

Posts: 1355 | Location: Gilbert, AZ | Registered: November 08, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
Something to cherish. Congratulations.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19583 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Network Janitor
Picture of mkueffer
posted Hide Post
From the smile and thumbs up, you made the day special for your daughter.

A few Sigs and some others

Posts: 2219 | Location: Waukesha, WI | Registered: February 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bone 4 Tuna
Picture of jjkroll32
posted Hide Post
You're doing it right.

Always enjoy following your threads

NRA Life Member

Long Live the Super Thirty-Eight

Posts: 11143 | Location: Mid-Michigan | Registered: October 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DeadHead
Picture of two-two-niner-romeo
posted Hide Post
Happy birthday Maya! - from your invisible fans on SigForum. Smile

"Being miserable and treating other people like dirt is every New Yorker's God-given right!" - GhostBusters II

"You have all the tools you need. Don't blame them. Use them." - Dan Worrall

Posts: 1899 | Location: Putnam County, NY | Registered: May 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Happy birthday

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53118 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never Go
Full Retard
Picture of MitchbSC
posted Hide Post
Happy Birthday!!

They don't think it be like it is, but it do.

Posts: 4797 | Location: SC | Registered: January 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
Happy Birthday to her!

Posts: 6061 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Happy Birthday Maya.

Good on you Dad.

Posts: 781 | Location: KC Metro MO | Registered: November 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
If I had known I coulda sent you some Pizza From Johns on Bleeker St (NYC)!

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8318 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
Wish Maya a happy birthday from SigForum!

Posts: 13046 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Happy birthday!

ARman

Posts: 3146 | Registered: May 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Itchy was taken
Picture of scratchy
posted Hide Post
Fantastic birthday!

Posts: 3999 | Location: Colorado | Registered: August 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yokel
Picture of ontmark
posted Hide Post
Happy Birthday

Beware the man who only has one gun. He probably knows how to use it! - John Steinbeck

Posts: 3878 | Location: Vallejo, CA | Registered: August 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
Happy Birthday!

Posts: 7232 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Dbltap
posted Hide Post
Happy Birthday Maya....and I'm pretty sure you can beat me arm wrestling Wink

Posts: 458 | Registered: August 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too soon old,
too late smart
posted Hide Post
You have to make good memories to have good memories. Way to go dad.

Posts: 4757 | Location: Southern Texas | Registered: May 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cjevans
posted Hide Post
... happy birthday to your daughter!

A special way for your daughter to celebrate with family and friends ... true values that last.

Good on yer, your an excellent Dad!

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~ Benjamin Franklin.

"If anyone in this country doesn't minimise their tax, they want their head read, because as a government, you are not spending it that well, that we should be donating extra...:
Kerry Packer

SIGForum: the island of reality in an ocean of diarrhoea.

Posts: 1886 | Location: Altona Beach | Registered: February 20, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post