SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Check out this”small token” a client sent me
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Check out this”small token” a client sent me Login/Join 
Cat Whisperer
Picture of cmr076
posted
A long time client of mine turned close friend who I’ve sold a half dozen cars to had been looking for a very specific Porsche that I’m not entirely sure even exists; nonetheless I put a substantial amount of time looking and calling contacts to no avail. Beyond frustrated I call him and tell him he’s out of luck for you he time being. I guess my frustration was obvious and he told me not to worry about it but to check my mailbox the next day, that he was sending a “small token Of his appreciation and that it’s something I can’t sell, or buy for that matter, and if I need to get rid of it for whatever reason to gift it to a friend or Send it back to him (this thing isn’t going anywhere).

the next day my security camera alerts me to movement. Sure enough, ups has a package sitting at my door. I do what any self respecting professional would have done and promptly leave work, head home rip the package open and find this beauty. (I should mention at this point my client/friend is one of the owners of Magpul Big Grin )

He sent me a prototype of their rigger knife, prototype packaging and all. He even went as far as to send me serial # 007

This message has been edited. Last edited by: cmr076,

------------------------------------

├┼┼╕
246R

Posts: 3901 | Location: SE PA | Registered: November 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironmike57
posted Hide Post
Sweet!

Posts: 1979 | Location: Florida | Registered: July 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
Wow. Purty. I'd stab somebody for that

Posts: 5318 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of UTsig
posted Hide Post
Very nice gift! I always found that shaped blade to be very practical. I carried a Kit Carson small Model 21 for a few years, it had a Coping Blade, somewhat similar.

"Nature scares me" a quote by my friend Bob after a rough day at sea.

Posts: 3397 | Location: Utah's Dixie | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
Excellent,

nice when hard work is appreciated!!

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10420 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Very nice.

So what is this rare/specific Porsche, for the curious petrolheads here?

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15306 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Very nice! Congratulations.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12774 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tupperware Dr.
Picture of GCE61
posted Hide Post
Very nice, love these types of stories, enjoy it!

Posts: 3548 | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The success of a solution usually depends upon your point of view
posted Hide Post
Ok, thats cool.
Classy move on his part.

“We truly live in a wondrous age of stupid.” - 83v45magna

"I think it's important that people understand free speech doesn't mean free from consequences societally or politically or culturally."
-Pranjit Kalita, founder and CIO of Birkoa Capital Management

Posts: 3849 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: September 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Joie de vivre
Picture of sig229-SAS
posted Hide Post
How cool is that ! Very nice to have friends like that for sure.

Posts: 3851 | Location: 1,960' up in Murphy, NC | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Honky Lips
Picture of FenderBender
posted Hide Post
Nice knife

Which Porsche?

Posts: 8146 | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A man's got to know
his limitations
Picture of hberttmank
posted Hide Post
Wow, that's nice.

"But, as luck would have it, he stood up. He caught that chunk of lead." Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock

Posts: 9366 | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Assault Accountant
Picture of 12GA
posted Hide Post
That’s really cool. Enjoy!

Posts: 2583 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: July 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That is cool. Class act.

Posts: 4054 | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very cool and priceless gift!

Posts: 1178 | Location: Upstate  | Registered: January 11, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Short. Fat. Bald.
Costanzaesque.

Picture of TexasScrub
posted Hide Post
Nice 'small' token! A treasure for sure!

Posts: 1986 | Location: Victoria, TX | Registered: February 11, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
One word: Spiffy

Posts: 13742 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Pickle Rick!
Picture of Pickle Rick
posted Hide Post
Cool on so many levels. Enjoy that blade. John

Posts: 2876 | Location: Lancaster, PA. | Registered: February 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
cool number

neat knife as well

you're officially 007

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53176 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Very cool!

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post