SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    NRA backs lawsuit claiming NJ handgun policy is ‘unconstitutional’
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

NRA backs lawsuit claiming NJ handgun policy is ‘unconstitutional’ Login/Join 
Picture of downtownv
posted
NRA backs lawsuit claiming NJ handgun policy is ‘unconstitutional’
Posted: Feb 07, 2018 7:37 PM EST
Updated: Feb 08, 2018 6:25 AM EST

NRA backs lawsuit claiming NJ handgun policy is ‘unconstitutional’
00:00 / 02:09
CC
MONROE TOWNSHIP -
The National Rifle Association is backing a lawsuit filed by a New Jersey gun group that says the state’s handgun permit policy is “unconstitutional.”

The lawsuit was filed by the Association of New Jersey Rifle and Pistol Clubs. The group’s suit seeks to throw out handgun permitting rules, especially the ones about concealed carry.

Ira Levin owns the Union Hill Gun Club in Monroe Township, which opened this month. The club already has 1,200 members, just under the number of handgun permits in the state, according to GunsToCarry.com. Levin says that the lawsuit is long overdue.

“I have concealed carry permits in the states of Utah, Florida, Arizona and New Hampshire. I can legally carry a concealed weapon in 40 states. I cannot carry a concealed handgun in my home state of New Jersey,” he says.

In order to successfully receive a concealed carry permit in the state, the recipient must prove that they have a justifiable need – which means a direct threat to their life.

The lawsuit is on behalf of a Monmouth County man who says that he needs a gun to protect himself since he services ATMs in high-crime areas.

New Jersey has some of the strongest gun laws in the nation. Gun safety advocates say that the strong laws keep New Jersey safe. But Levin says that responsible gun owners do too.

“The Constitution affords us that right. Some states infringe upon that right. [New Jersey] is one of those states,” he says.

Levin says that the Union Hill Gun Club has the largest indoor gun ranges in the state.

We Need a Pile-On!

http://newjersey.news12.com/st...-is-unconstitutional

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8356 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sig sailor
posted Hide Post
Great! My daughter and son-in-law live in NJ and I hate going to visit them. I feel like I am visiting China or NK. Long past time that something was done about NJ gun laws. Unconstitutional indeed!
Rod

"Do not approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or a fool from any direction." John Deacon, Author

I asked myself if I was crazy, and we all said no.

Posts: 1683 | Location: Between Rock & Hard Place (Pontiac & Detroit) | Registered: December 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Excellent.

Posts: 958 | Registered: October 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You can't go
home again
Picture of LBAR15
posted Hide Post
Ira is a good guy but he's not the owner of the Range. He owns the firearms store that will be taking up residence in the range. Regardless, good news for NJ residents if the lawsuit gets anywhere.

With our new governor and his full Dem backing in NJ, there are already several bills waiting to be voted on to severely restrict our rights even further. Full carry of my Glock does me little good if I am limited to a 5 round magazine which does not exist.

---------------------------------------
Life Member NRA

“If you realize that all things change, there is nothing you will try to hold on to. If you are not afraid of dying, there is nothing you cannot achieve." - Lao Tzu

Posts: 4635 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: June 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The New Democratic Giv if Jersey is trying to outdo the Gov in NY with the SAFE ACT. There’s no chance that this will get any resolution until it goes to SCOTUS!

Posts: 507 | Registered: February 14, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post