SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Great new kitchen 'tool', an Instapot
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Great new kitchen 'tool', an Instapot Login/Join 
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted
Why did I wait so long to get one. It is awesome.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod...05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It seemed like a perfect addition to our motorhome so when it popped up a daily Amazing deal on cyber Monday for $49.00 I pulled the trigger.

It is a pressure cooker, slow cooker, rice cooker, steamer and more.

I'm really enjoying it and decided to use it at home.

I made this venison shoulder recipe tonight and it and was amazing. I sautéed and then pressured cooked everything in one pot....venison, shallots, garlic, mushrooms, beef broth and some red wine. It took 5 minutes to sear the meat, 35 minutes to pressure cook and 15 minutes to cool down enough to open the pot.

http://loriesmississippikitche...avy-gluten-free.html

Does anyone else use one of these? If so do you have any favorite recipes?

Posts: 12921 | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pbramlett
posted Hide Post
Yep. Wife got one a couple months ago. She loves it and I’m pretty pleased with the results.

Regards,

P.

Posts: 1287 | Location: Alabama | Registered: May 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cynic
Picture of charlie12
posted Hide Post
I've been hearing about them we need to get one

Posts: 13020 | Location: Pride, Louisiana | Registered: August 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tgtshuter
posted Hide Post
I've never seen that before, but I think I found a great Christmas present - for me! Wink

Posts: 711 | Location: SC, USA | Registered: October 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nature is full of
magnificent creatures
posted Hide Post
I thought $69 was a great deal.

Posts: 6273 | Registered: March 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too soon old,
too late smart
posted Hide Post
A pressure cooker is one of the most useful wedding gifts ever made. Ours is nearly 50 years old and still works like magic. Enjoy yours.

Posts: 4757 | Location: Southern Texas | Registered: May 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"The deals you miss don’t hurt you”-B.D. Raney Sr.
posted Hide Post
There’s a yogurt setting?
Maybe I don’t understand all the ins and outs of that usually chilled dairy treat......

Posts: 6304 | Location: East Texas | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Good enough is neither
good, nor enough
posted Hide Post
Yep pressure cookers are all the rage. Makes chili super fast.

There are 3 kinds of people, those that understand numbers and those that don't.

Posts: 2034 | Location: Liberty, MO | Registered: November 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SigSentry
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hudr:
There’s a yogurt setting?
Maybe I don’t understand all the ins and outs of that usually chilled dairy treat......

Think incubator

Posts: 3520 | Registered: May 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Funny thing - there was an article this week that highlighted a woman losing 77 pounds since the start of the year by using one. Found that article, as well as another that highlights that she has lost 125 pounds overall.

http://people.com/food/instant...man-loses-77-pounds/

https://www.today.com/food/how...e-125-pounds-t119440

Posts: 2772 | Location: Northern California | Registered: December 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
We bought one a couple of years ago. They work good. We do not use it all that much. But when we do it works well. It is not a miracle device though.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19187 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Experienced Slacker
posted Hide Post
Just got mine a couple days ago. Like you I got it on sale and have been enjoying using it.

Made rice, then sauteed/pressure cooked a couple frozen chicken breasts yesterday. Today I used the soup setting for 10 minutes on the leftovers with a couple other ingredients I had laying around.

Pretty cool device so far.

Posts: 7495 | Registered: May 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FiveFiveSixFan
posted Hide Post
I just picked up some boneless pork shoulder for a pulled pork recipe I want to try in mine.

Posts: 7311 | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ive had mine for a little over a year. Great kitchen tool. My favorite is white chicken chili in 20 min.

Posts: 616 | Location: West By God VA | Registered: July 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
My wife loves her Instapot as well.

Posts: 17887 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
Just got the Ultra version. The Kahlua pork was awesome.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17277 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
I got one last week and have been playing around with it. This seems to be a good cookbook:

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15483 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
We haven't taken the plunge yet, but this site has some great recipes:

https://www.skinnytaste.com/?s...pot&submit=%EF%80%82

All of her stuff is really good, we use her recipes all the time.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
I looked at them, but I'll stick with my simple range top pressure cooker.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8955 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
Well, I already have a 3 qt pressure cooker, a 22 qt pressure canner, two slow cookers, and a rice cooker, so I think I'll pass for now.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post