SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Interesting military firearms videos on youtube
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Interesting military firearms videos on youtube Login/Join 
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted
Each video usually covers the history of one firearm, including development, production, implementation, evaluation, firing, and opinions.

Search C&Rsenal and you will find many videos covering military guns mostly from the late 1800's to WWI.

I'm watching a video on the 1903 Springfield now:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jhh4wIS6zMI

Posts: 7453 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SevenPlusOne
posted Hide Post
WAR WERE DECLARED!!!!

"Ninja kick the damn rabbit"

Posts: 4618 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: October 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
C&Rsenal has good in-depth info, but their videos are way too long-winded for most folks. (And the host kinda grates on me, to be perfectly honest.)

I prefer Forgotten Weapons. Nearly as much good info, in a more concise presentation. And Ian is a better presenter, especially in his more recent videos, where his presentation and videography have become more polished. Forgotten Weapons is generally lighter on the history/development than C&Rsenal, focusing more on the mechanics of the firearm.

If you like C&Rsenal, you might also like BritishMuzzleLoaders. He does in-depth looks at the weaponry and tactics of the British military from roughly the mid-1800s through WW1 (Victorian/Edwardian eras). Like C&Rsenal, it's good in-depth info, but long-winded, with a less than optimal presenter.

Posts: 32506 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
quote:
If you like C&Rsenal, you might also like BritishMuzzleLoaders. He does in-depth looks at the weaponry and tactics of the British military from roughly the mid-1800s through WW1 (Victorian/Edwardian eras). Like C&Rsenal, it's good in-depth info, but long-winded, with a less than optimal presenter.

That sounds great!

Posts: 7453 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
they also have a sub-set with "Anvil" listed...I've seen all of the guys gunsmith stuff. It's cool!!!

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11275 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post