SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    About Scaramucci: the anti-gunner or power-hungry social climber?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

About Scaramucci: the anti-gunner or power-hungry social climber? Login/Join 
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted
Before you get too warm and fuzzy about the recent new member to the President's inner circle. As reported by Guns America:

Trump Hires Anti-Gunner

As it's said, the internet is forever.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
He covered this a few days ago when he deleted his tweets. He said positions change and evolve, and he is 110% behind Trump and his agenda. Did his positions change? I don't know but I will give him the benefit of the doubt because yes, peoples opinions DO change. I seriously wonder why people keep dragging this up, he hasn't done anything either way yet. Trump was never really "pro gun" until the election either but that doesn't seem to bother anybody.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
He used to be a rabid anti-gunner, but now he is a power hungry social climber.

It's astonishing how persuasive Trump can be.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, in my humble opinion, once an anti gunner, always an anti gunner. However, the President will obviously cause the Mooch to reverse his earlier positions. The President has been generally supportive of gun rights since 2015 when he began his campaign, and claims to be a concealed carry permit holder. I was a little worried during the debates when he said he agreed with the AWB, and increasing waiting times for purchase of firearms, but reading that in context, he pointed out that the FBI NICS should be able to be accomplished in 72 hours.

I think Mr. Scaramucci is a carpetbagger. In it for the fame, fun and money.

Posts: 1854 | Location: Colorado | Registered: October 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
I think he is just what Trump needs.

I don't buy the once an anti-gunner thing at all. When I met my wife she was a big anti-gunner. Two years after we were married, she joined the NRA. Today she is probably more progun than I am. Well, probably not but you get the drift. Smile

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5038 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dresden:...
I think Mr. Scaramucci is a carpetbagger. In it for the fame, fun and money.

Sometimes one needs a tool for a nasty job, and the rusty, crusty POS screwdriver is just what you need.

And you really don't care if you fuck it up any more, as long as you can get through the task.

Perhaps, that is what Trump is doing.

I am a Reagan "Trust, but verify" sort.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43876 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:
He covered this a few days ago when he deleted his tweets. He said positions change and evolve, and he is 110% behind Trump and his agenda. Did his positions change? I don't know but I will give him the benefit of the doubt because yes, peoples opinions DO change. I seriously wonder why people keep dragging this up, he hasn't done anything either way yet. Trump was never really "pro gun" until the election either but that doesn't seem to bother anybody.

To me, it seems that every time president Trump makes a personnel change the Forum is filled with " 'bout time'" or "good", etc.

I voted for DT for president but I also knew it would take him some time to figure things out.
During the second invasion of Iraq, General Mattis replaced those that did not perform. And he did so rapidly. President Trump is doing the same only a little slower.

MAGA

Posts: 21829 | Registered: October 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Who cares?

I can tell you this- if threads like this keep popping up, or if members interject this non sequitur tidbit into conversations about the White House, I'll have more to say than just a rhetorical question.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107555 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
His job doesn't involve making any policy, so whatever views he held or still holds make no difference.

Posts: 27944 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
That's right. Rather than a knee-jerk reaction of "ANTI-GUNNER!!!!", please stop and think about this for a minute. Ant'ny Scaramucchi's opinions about firearms don't matter one single bit.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107555 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
ERMAHGERDERNTERGERN

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."

Posts: 3598 | Location: OK | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Avoiding
slam fires
Picture of 45 Cal
posted Hide Post
He seems to be shaking things up,prebus is gone and in my mind that is a good thing.

Posts: 22410 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
I am hoping he cleans house - he's the sort that will ferret out the leaks

and go after them with gusto - we need a pitbull who has Trump's back for once

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53175 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
crazy heart
Picture of mod29
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:
I am hoping he cleans house - he's the sort that will ferret out the leaks

and go after them with gusto - we need a pitbull who has Trump's back for once

Exactly.

Posts: 1781 | Location: WA | Registered: January 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:
His job doesn't involve making any policy, so whatever views he held or still holds make no difference.

He's also disposable.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Sometimes one needs a tool for a nasty job, and the rusty, crusty POS screwdriver is just what you need.

Yep.
No love lost here for Priebus. But he and Paul Ryan are close, both from Wisconsin. Trump is getting rid of the "Weak!" Priebus with his new rusty, crusty POS screwdriver in an attempt to do so without stacking up the collateral relationship damage.

I think he realizes that getting rid of Sessions in the same way might be a step too far.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24100 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
Trump's enemies, and they are many, get stuff like this into the news to try to damage, weaken Trump. When you pick up on it, you are taking hook, line and sinker.

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11107 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
Just look at President Trump's sons....the fruit doesn't fall too far from the tree. Smile

What a bunch of Worry Warts! Big Grin

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 41:
Just look at President Trump's sons....the fruit doesn't fall too far from the tree. Smile

What a bunch of Worry Warts! Big Grin

I do not comprehend

Posts: 21829 | Registered: October 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Saw this article that GA emailed me last night. Immediately, it went to the trash bin.

Q

Posts: 26372 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post