SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Florida school threatens to punishes male PE teacher for refusing to watch undressed female in boy's locker room
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Florida school threatens to punishes male PE teacher for refusing to watch undressed female in boy's locker room Login/Join 
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted
Crazy. Insane.

quote:
A Florida school district allowed a self-described transgender female student regular access to the boys’ locker room, with no advance warning to the boys or their parents. The first time she walked in, she caught “boys (literally) with their pants down, causing them embarrassment and concern by the fact that they had been observed changing by an obvious girl,” says a complaint letter to Pasco County School District from Liberty Counsel, a pro-bono constitutional law firm.

With a “gag order,” school administrators forbade teachers from talking about the change, and ordered a male P.E. teacher to supervise the potentially undressed girl in the Chasco Middle School locker room, the letter says. When he refused to “knowingly place himself in a position to observe a minor female in the nude or otherwise in a state of undress, ” administrators told him “he will be transferred to another school as discipline for ‘not doing your job in the locker room.'”

In an email, an administrator initially threatened to put the male coach on administrative leave, telling him that refusing to supervise a potentially naked female student would “not be tolerated,”said Liberty Counsel attorney Richard Mast. The school’s other P.E. teacher, who is female, also objected and was ignored.

Pasco parents have yet to be informed by the school of this situation, yet the transgender student continues to have open access to private male areas, according to Liberty Counsel. Despite the initial September incident, then legal contact in October, the elected board for the district with 70,500 students has so far taken no action and administrators have refused to budge.

https://thefederalist.com/2018...watching-naked-sons/

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16612 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
Wow. A male teacher disciplined for refusing to watch a naked teen girl.

When will this insanity end?

He took the best option in what is a classic example of a no-win scenario.

Imagine him supervising the naked girl. Assuming he's NOT a pedo/perv, he would not look at her too closely or directly. If boys did something innapropriate with/towards her while he wasn't looking, he would be charged (perhaps criminally) for not protecting her. Or, suppose the girl complained that he was watching her too closely. He could get charged with voyeurism (or whatever the charge would be) because he's an adult male with a teen girl.

AT BEST, he could expect a weird and unpleasant experience. Anything else would ruin him, his career, and his reputation and possibly land him on a sexual predator list.

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21821 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
Is it just Florida, or has the entire country gone completely freaking crazy?

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25640 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Texas Proud
Picture of texassierra
posted Hide Post
Well, essentially every liberal Democrat so about half the country.

NRA Life Patron

Posts: 1900 | Location: DFW | Registered: March 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ever heard of "Drag Kids" ?
Neither had I.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMVbFG7SGfI

"Crom is strong! If I die, I have to go before him, and he will ask me, 'What is the riddle of steel?' If I don't know it, he will cast me out of Valhalla and laugh at me."

Posts: 6641 | Registered: September 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sorry for what the coach is going through.

Upside is it's better to be fired than labeled a sexual deviant for the rest of your days.

The world is quite off its rocker these days.

___________________________________Sigforum - port in the fake news storm.____________Be kind to the Homeless. A lot of us are one bad decision away from there.

Posts: 1165 | Registered: July 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
It's our (conservatives') fault. We don't go out and block the streets, turn police cars over, and cause mayhem when something doesn't seem reasonable to us. Maybe it's time to take a lesson from the libs. Cause some havoc when these idiots do something stupid like this.

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5680 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Two words come AGAIN to mind for our children who aren't in school yet:

HOME SCHOOL

SCREW this madness. Mad We have lost our goddamn minds as a society.

Posts: 33604 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
How in the world would any parent approve of this insane policy? Heads should roll on those that authorized this without notification to the parents.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post

Posts: 15841 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
It was a no win situation for the guy. Wouldn’t be surprised if he was being set up.

Posts: 13735 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Perception
posted Hide Post
Poor bastard. What a terrible situation for him to be put into.

"The people hate the lizards and the lizards rule the people."
"Odd," said Arthur, "I thought you said it was a democracy."
"I did," said Ford, "it is."
"So," said Arthur, hoping he wasn't sounding ridiculously obtuse, "why don't the people get rid of the lizards?"
"It honestly doesn't occur to them. They've all got the vote, so they all pretty much assume that the government they've voted in more or less approximates the government they want."
"You mean they actually vote for the lizards."
"Oh yes," said Ford with a shrug, "of course."
"But," said Arthur, going for the big one again, "why?"
"Because if they didn't vote for a lizard, then the wrong lizard might get in."

Posts: 3509 | Location: Two blocks from the Center of the Universe | Registered: December 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
I don’t want to stare at a room full of naked teen boys either. I mean Jesus I dunno I would think it was ya know....polite.....to look away and give some privacy.

Things really are upside down.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7631 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Leemur:
It was a no win situation for the guy. Wouldn’t be surprised if he was being set up.

I was thinking the same thing.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Elk Hunter:
Is it just Florida, or has the entire country gone completely freaking crazy?
Nope, its the entire country. We just have a handful of retards bucking for special recognition.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIGforum Official
Eye Doc
Picture of bcereuss
posted Hide Post
Is it only me that thinks there is more to the story?

This is written in an intentionally (IMNSHO) inflammatory manner designed to elicit an emotional response.

I admit I could be wrong, but there may be more than meets the eye here.

Posts: 2927 | Location: (Occupied) Northern Minnesota | Registered: June 24, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances with Wiener Dogs
Picture of XinTX
posted Hide Post
quote:

He should sue. They were attempting to suborn him into committing indecency with a minor.

“The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws.” Ayn Rand

“If we relinquish our rights because of fear, what is it exactly, then, we are fighting for?” Sen. Rand Paul

Posts: 8347 | Registered: July 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by XinTX:
quote:

He should sue. They were attempting to suborn him into committing indecency with a minor.

Winner winner, I'd lawyer up with a big wig and fucking burn the School District to the ground - more specifically the morons who made the policy and decisions.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
I wonder if the female P.E. teacher was threatened or disciplined for refusing to stand around in the boys' locker room to "observe".

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bcereuss:
I admit I could be wrong, but there may be more than meets the eye here.

I think that's what he was trying to avoid...

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9144 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post