SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Another aspiring rapper- "Gone to soon"

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Another aspiring rapper- "Gone to soon" Login/Join 
posted

Posts: 8955 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Report This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
'His mom Shaniqua Stephens was home when her son fatally shot himself while handling the gun in his bedroom in Forest Park, Georgia. She said he had been trying to put a clip in the gun.'

Looks to me like he managed to do it.

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much wrong here. Thirteen years old with ready access to a gun that he can remove from wherever it was located and smuggle into his bedroom without a responsible adult asking him 'wodda FU*K yo doin' wid dat gat?'

Or words to that effect. Roll Eyes

tac

Posts: 11322 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Report This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
I guess he didn't, or couldn't read that warning on the slide that said it could fire with magazine removed. Or he didn't know what a magazine was.

Posts: 9508 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Report This Post
Picture of ops cwo
posted Hide Post
Self correcting problem

Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tacfoley:
'His mom Shaniqua Stephens was home when her son fatally shot himself while handling the gun in his bedroom in Forest Park, Georgia. She said he had been trying to put a clip in the gun.'

Looks to me like he managed to do it.

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much wrong here. Thirteen years old with ready access to a gun that he can remove from wherever it was located and smuggle into his bedroom without a responsible adult asking him 'wodda FU*K yo doin' wid dat gat?'

Or words to that effect. Roll Eyes

tac

Watch the video, it didn't come from inside the house. Parents think he got it from friends. Parents don't seem like typical trash involved in these kinds of stories.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20821 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ops cwo:
Self correcting problem

I Like the way you think +1.....

אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Why are there posts in this thread expressing joy when a kid accidentally kills himself?

I don't get it. I really don't. Maybe somebody can explain that to me.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30666 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Report This Post
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
Why does it always seem that the kids in these stories never have the same last name as the moms?

I am sure that someone could make out a decent case that this one fact has much to do with the final outcome of the story.

Posts: 6063 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Report This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Another aspiring rapper- "Gone to soon"

There is plenty of fail to go around in this story, among them the different surnames between mother and son, but there is nothing about this in the actual article.

Posts: 27956 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Report This Post
Security Sage
Picture of striker1
posted Hide Post
These kids are almost always screwed up because of their upbringing and environment. Parents cause this. The same parents that think they've done an outstanding job by managing to keep their kids alive and being their buds.

When I worked PT at Juvie, you could easily see why a kid was so jacked up when his parent(s) showed up for a visit.

RB

Cancer fighter (Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma) since 2009, now fighting Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma.

Posts: 7133 | Location: Michiana | Registered: March 01, 2005Report This Post
Cat Whisperer
Picture of cmr076
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:
quote:
Another aspiring rapper- "Gone to soon"

There is plenty of fail to go around in this story, among them the different surnames between mother and son, but there is nothing about this in the actual article.

I have a different last name than my mom, and my parents have been married for 33 years, she didn't take my dads last name when they married.
I also don't see why people don't view this as a tragedy, the parent's don't see like the typical trash we see in these stories. And where did it say he was an aspiring rapper?

------------------------------------

├┼┼╕
246R

Posts: 3901 | Location: SE PA | Registered: November 13, 2010Report This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
He was doing it wrong.

Posts: 26904 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Report This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
Funny how the reoccurring theme in these incidents is that the deceased was a great person who always did right raised by judicious parents who also did everything right, but some outside influence caused it.

Simple story, kid gets a gun. Wants to show the world he's a bad ass thug, shoots a video or picture waving the gun around, shoots himself. The kid locked his door, he knew what he was doing was wrong.

Death by Thuggery if you ask me.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37957 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Report This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
I'm stumped. I read the article again and watched the video again and can't find the rapper reference. I can't find any criminal behavior or blaming anyone else for what happened. Instead, I saw both parents step up blame themselves for what happened to their son.

Posts: 10938 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Report This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
I agree that it's a terrible waste of young life, but WTF did he THINK that he was doing when he put this gun to his head, or whatever it was that he ended up shooting behind his locked bedroom door?

And yes, where did he get the gun?

From Huffington Post -

'It has been reported viewers to the feed told Malachi to put the safety clip on the gun but that it went off as he went to do so. His mother believes it was an accident, not suicide.

Stephens told the channel she did not know how her son came to be in possession of the gun and police are now investigating. She urged parents to be vigilant about monitoring their children’s social media use.

Malachi’s stepfather Ernest Stephens said: “I can happen to the best parents, it can happen to the best people. The best ones that loved their kids, you know?”

Nice folks can have tragedies, too.

tac

Posts: 11322 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Report This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
Tennessee has a proposed law in process now to punish adults who allow access by minors to guns. But unfortunately it would seem to be just a feel good law, if passed. After all, if your kid shooting himself isn't enough of a deterrent what good would a threat of a fine a bit of jail time do?

Kids do stupid things, some don't survive. It's heartbreaking. At least one High Schooler manages to kill himself in a car here every year.

Even when thuggery is involved, at this young age, it is still possible for some to become productive members of society, despite the parents total failure.

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4129 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Gene pool just got a little deeper.

Picture of msfzoe
posted Hide Post
Darwinism.

Posts: 2422 | Location: newyorkistan | Registered: January 06, 2008Report This Post