SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    RIP George H.W. Bush
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

RIP George H.W. Bush Login/Join 
Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
I guarded him once several years ago. One of the worst days of my professional life (for reasons beyond my control). I met him and he turned that day around.

Posts: 3442 | Location: Southwest Indiana | Registered: December 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by coloradohunter44:
I respect his service in WWII. I don't think he did much for the nation as a president. My condolences to the family.

Huh?

The Gulf War? We won that in days and shocked the Soviets so badly they fell apart in a year.

The fall of the Berlin Wall?

Posts: 33604 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Character, above all else
Picture of Tailhook 84
posted Hide Post
Fair winds and following seas, shipmate.

"The Truth, when first uttered, is always considered heresy."

Posts: 2540 | Location: West of Fort Worth | Registered: March 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I served under Reagan and Bush and would gladly do it again if I could. These two men had the vision and the clarity of action. We had a set course to destroy the Soviet Union and did what it took to get it done. Regardless of what quibbles you have with 41 or Reagan, they rid Eastern Europe of Soviet oppression and beat back communism as a force in the world. If for no other reason than that, we should applaud them both.

Posts: 2838 | Location: Unass the AO | Registered: December 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
RIP, and I wish solace upon the Bush family in their time of loss.

Posts: 17733 | Registered: August 12, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
When he was president I did not trust him and considered him to be an oligarch and cog. And I consider him as the leading edge of the uni-party system of the Fredocons. He did do much much more in life than I have done or will do. Without a doubt the historical results of the second term of his presidency would have been much improved compared to the white trash grifters that followed.

Had the man not looked at his watch during the debate recent history could be very very different.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5952 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
THE SIGGUY
Picture of SIGGUY (THE 1ST)
posted Hide Post
saddened by his passing. RIP.

-------------------------------------------------------2/28/2015 ~ Rest in peace Dad. Lt Commander E.G.E. USN Love you.

Posts: 5292 | Location: Great State of NH | Registered: January 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
I don't know what his connection was exactly, but I know Jim Allen respected GHWB to the end.
RIP.

Posts: 18016 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
There are those who love him that are hurting right now. I pray for their comfort and peace. May the Lord keep him close in his rest.

God bless America, please.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29607 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
New world order secret society ruling class scum. He joins John McCain in hell where all the lying RINOs and their Demonrat buddies belong. Not sorry

Posts: 10 | Registered: November 27, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'll give him a salute.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sns3guppy:
I'll give him a salute.

I'll join you.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30297 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cynic
Picture of charlie12
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DarthMegaHD:
New world order secret society ruling class scum. He joins John McCain in hell where all the lying RINOs and their Demonrat buddies belong. Not sorry

Welcome to Sigforum and it's always good to follow Para's advice.

I met and shook hand with the President in Baton Rouge.

Posts: 13014 | Location: Pride, Louisiana | Registered: August 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
He was a fine gentleman, hero warrior, courageous, and given his experience perhaps the most qualified president we have ever had. His family relationships set examples we could all learn from. I served under him and was proud to do so. His gentle nature probably cost him his second term. Agree with his policies or not, as Vice President and President he always tried to do right by America. For those who choose to disrespect his memory, well, you are entitled to your opinion. I will remember him fondly.

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4358 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
He was a victim of economics cycles. After the great years of Reagan the economy was adjusting.
Ross Perot took over 20% of mostly Republican votes and Bush still didn’t lose by much.
Had he been re-elected he would have ridden the next wave that Clinton received credit for and history may have looked differently.
He didn’t have to be in that plane that was shot down near Chichi Jima, he volunteered to be there. He came a few moments from being captured and eaten by the Japanese.
He parachuted on his 90th birthday.
He and his wife are spoken of fondly by almost anyone that has met them. I’m sure we’ll hear more stories like that in the coming days.
He and his son had the class to keep their mouth shut right after being president, unlike others.
He may not have been a perfect president but seemed to be a good person. I questioned his judgement about Iraq at the time but see the wisdom now.

Posts: 9456 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happiness is
Vectored Thrust
Picture of mojojojo
posted Hide Post
I met the man during the Gulf War. We chatted briefly on each of us having “wings of gold” and flying.

I thought he was a good man and was happy to serve under his presidency.

RIP Mr. President.

Icarus flew too close to the sun, but at least he flew.

Posts: 6705 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: April 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DarthMegaHD:

A person’s death makes trolling so much easier.

Posts: 1168 | Registered: July 06, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
No politician is a perfect man, but GHWB was a good and decent man, which is a rare thing in Washington and more important than a lot of other small stuff that people may hold against him. May he rest in peace with his beloved Barbara.

Posts: 6061 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Orive 8
posted Hide Post
Rest in peace Mr. President, thank you for your service.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

Posts: 1890 | Location: Collier Twp, PA | Registered: June 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now and Zen
Picture of clubleaf206
posted Hide Post
He and his wife Barbara struck me as the sort of people I would like to have as neighbors. RIP Mr. president.

Posts: 12167 | Location: The untamed wilds of Kansas | Registered: August 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post