SIGforum
RIP George H.W. Bush

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/320601935/m/6580082054

November 30, 2018, 11:56 PM
BennerP220
RIP George H.W. Bush
I guarded him once several years ago. One of the worst days of my professional life (for reasons beyond my control). I met him and he turned that day around.
December 01, 2018, 12:02 AM
PASig
quote:
Originally posted by coloradohunter44:
I respect his service in WWII. I don't think he did much for the nation as a president. My condolences to the family.

Huh?

The Gulf War? We won that in days and shocked the Soviets so badly they fell apart in a year.

The fall of the Berlin Wall?

December 01, 2018, 12:03 AM
Tailhook 84
Fair winds and following seas, shipmate.

"The Truth, when first uttered, is always considered heresy."
December 01, 2018, 12:26 AM
Abn556
I served under Reagan and Bush and would gladly do it again if I could. These two men had the vision and the clarity of action. We had a set course to destroy the Soviet Union and did what it took to get it done. Regardless of what quibbles you have with 41 or Reagan, they rid Eastern Europe of Soviet oppression and beat back communism as a force in the world. If for no other reason than that, we should applaud them both.
December 01, 2018, 12:29 AM
LDD
RIP, and I wish solace upon the Bush family in their time of loss.
December 01, 2018, 12:46 AM
mr kablammo
When he was president I did not trust him and considered him to be an oligarch and cog. And I consider him as the leading edge of the uni-party system of the Fredocons. He did do much much more in life than I have done or will do. Without a doubt the historical results of the second term of his presidency would have been much improved compared to the white trash grifters that followed.

Had the man not looked at his watch during the debate recent history could be very very different.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.
December 01, 2018, 12:49 AM
SIGGUY (THE 1ST)
saddened by his passing. RIP.

-------------------------------------------------------2/28/2015 ~ Rest in peace Dad. Lt Commander E.G.E. USN Love you.
December 01, 2018, 01:03 AM
sjtill
I don't know what his connection was exactly, but I know Jim Allen respected GHWB to the end.
RIP.

December 01, 2018, 01:05 AM
darthfuster
There are those who love him that are hurting right now. I pray for their comfort and peace. May the Lord keep him close in his rest.

God bless America, please.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier
December 01, 2018, 01:56 AM
DarthMegaHD
New world order secret society ruling class scum. He joins John McCain in hell where all the lying RINOs and their Demonrat buddies belong. Not sorry
December 01, 2018, 02:20 AM
sns3guppy
I'll give him a salute.
December 01, 2018, 03:15 AM
Balzé Halzé
quote:
Originally posted by sns3guppy:
I'll give him a salute.

I'll join you.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle
December 01, 2018, 04:58 AM
charlie12
quote:
Originally posted by DarthMegaHD:
New world order secret society ruling class scum. He joins John McCain in hell where all the lying RINOs and their Demonrat buddies belong. Not sorry

Welcome to Sigforum and it's always good to follow Para's advice.

I met and shook hand with the President in Baton Rouge.

December 01, 2018, 05:23 AM
HayesGreener
He was a fine gentleman, hero warrior, courageous, and given his experience perhaps the most qualified president we have ever had. His family relationships set examples we could all learn from. I served under him and was proud to do so. His gentle nature probably cost him his second term. Agree with his policies or not, as Vice President and President he always tried to do right by America. For those who choose to disrespect his memory, well, you are entitled to your opinion. I will remember him fondly.

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)
December 01, 2018, 05:50 AM
220-9er
He was a victim of economics cycles. After the great years of Reagan the economy was adjusting.
Ross Perot took over 20% of mostly Republican votes and Bush still didn’t lose by much.
Had he been re-elected he would have ridden the next wave that Clinton received credit for and history may have looked differently.
He didn’t have to be in that plane that was shot down near Chichi Jima, he volunteered to be there. He came a few moments from being captured and eaten by the Japanese.
He parachuted on his 90th birthday.
He and his wife are spoken of fondly by almost anyone that has met them. I’m sure we’ll hear more stories like that in the coming days.
He and his son had the class to keep their mouth shut right after being president, unlike others.
He may not have been a perfect president but seemed to be a good person. I questioned his judgement about Iraq at the time but see the wisdom now.

December 01, 2018, 06:09 AM
mojojojo
I met the man during the Gulf War. We chatted briefly on each of us having “wings of gold” and flying.

I thought he was a good man and was happy to serve under his presidency.

RIP Mr. President.

Icarus flew too close to the sun, but at least he flew.
December 01, 2018, 06:28 AM
Palm
quote:
Originally posted by DarthMegaHD:

A person’s death makes trolling so much easier.
December 01, 2018, 06:33 AM
ChicagoSigMan
No politician is a perfect man, but GHWB was a good and decent man, which is a rare thing in Washington and more important than a lot of other small stuff that people may hold against him. May he rest in peace with his beloved Barbara.
December 01, 2018, 06:50 AM
Orive 8
Rest in peace Mr. President, thank you for your service.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.
December 01, 2018, 07:00 AM
clubleaf206
He and his wife Barbara struck me as the sort of people I would like to have as neighbors. RIP Mr. president.