SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I'm not saying it was aliens, but...
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I'm not saying it was aliens, but... Login/Join 
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted
It was aliens.

https://www.navytimes.com/news...-navy-pilot-and-ufo/

Posts: 20081 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Fast movers look like that.

We used to make approaches from the south over the Gulf and see guys squirting below us and that is exactly what they look like scooting below.

And cruise missiles, as well as anti-ship missiles also look like that.

Weren't no Sculley/Mulder stuff.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43867 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
I saw that - they released 3 videos total. Here are the other 2:

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Speling Champ
posted Hide Post
I have my own opinion on this (and other videos like this) but I’m curious what the military and professional commercial pilots on the board think.

Posts: 1604 | Location: Utah | Registered: July 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Perhaps Rhino can shed some light on it.

Posts: 20081 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, wherever it was heading, it was obviously late and in a hurry !

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Graniteguy:
Well, wherever it was heading, it was obviously late and in a hurry !

It certainly appeared to be going a whole lot faster than the F-18 that was going 0.6 Mach.

Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
Sounds like there are three videos out there and the Navy just confirmed yesterday the videos are legitimate. I don't know if they indicated they figured out what was flying though.

I found this other discussion on the forum too:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...030023244#4030023244

Interesting.

Posts: 17880 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
Perhaps Rhino can shed some light on it.

He could tell us but then he would have to kill us.

Posts: 7724 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Corgis Rock
Picture of Icabod
posted Hide Post
There have been a number of possible explanations and reviews

“"I think the most likely explanation is that it's a relatively slow-moving object like a bird or a balloon," he tells me. "The jet filming it is moving fast, so this creates an illusion of speed against the ocean, especially after the targeting system locks on."

“West encourages viewers to pay attention to the audio of the pilots talking and note how it sounds like they're just having fun using the aircraft's advanced tracking system and aren't concerned about possibly spotting an alien spacecraft.”
https://www.cnet.com/news/ufo-...igh-in-to-the-stars/

An extensive analysis
https://drive.google.com/file/...0J/view?usp=drivesdk

“ The work of destruction is quick, easy and exhilarating; the work of creation is slow, laborious and dull.

Posts: 6060 | Location: Outside Seattle | Registered: November 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Obviously the people that stormed Area 51 got ahold of a flying saucer from some other galaxy and using it to drive the US Navy nuts.

Posts: 206 | Registered: January 11, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
This should be interesting.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/u...hresults_pos2&page=1

U.S. UFO Report Doesn’t Explain Mystery Sightings but Finds No Sign of Aliens
Pilots have observed objects conducting maneuvers that would be impossible using known technology

The Defense Department authorized the release of unclassified Navy videos after footage of unexplained sightings leaked into the public domain.
Photo: Department of Defense

WASHINGTON—A forthcoming U.S. intelligence report contains no evidence that unexplained objects moving through the skies and witnessed by U.S. Navy pilots are alien spacecraft, but offers no conclusive explanation for the mysterious sightings, according to people familiar with its contents.

The report, due to be delivered to Congress later this month, appears unlikely to quell a debate over what the Pentagon calls “Unidentified Aerial Phenomena,” which pilots have observed moving at hypersonic speeds and conducting maneuvers that would be impossible using known technology.

Former President Barack Obama acknowledged last month that the U.S. government has no explanation for the strange objects.

“What is true, and I’m actually being serious here, is that there is footage and records of objects in the skies that we don’t know exactly what they are,” Mr. Obama told CBS. “We can’t explain how they move, their trajectory,” he said.

The draft report, the people familiar with it said, finds no evidence that the objects are alien spacecraft, but also no firm proof that they are not.

The New York Times, which first reported the study’s contents, said that it concludes that the most of the incidents didn’t originate from any advanced U.S. technology programs that might have been unknown to the pilots who witnessed them.

One possibility officials have debated is that the craft are the result of secret research programs by a foreign adversary, such as Russia or China, both of which are believed to have experimented with hypersonic craft, which can travel more than five times the speed of sound.

A Defense Department spokeswoman declined to comment. The Office of the Director of National Intelligence, which is preparing the report, also declined to comment.

The intelligence report, which was mandated by U.S. lawmakers, is due to Congress by June 25.

The unexplained sightings have been occurring for nearly two decades, and some video footage of pilots’ encounters with them—as well as the pilots’ reactions—has leaked into the public domain.

The Pentagon last summer revived a small, secretive unit, called the Unidentified Aerial Phenomena Task Force, to study the encounters.

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6395 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
They are most likely some kind of classified drone. I’d love to believe in these things being alien space craft I suppose you could say I do believe in aliens in a way but if there is intelligent life out there it isn’t going to be coming anywhere near this idiotic planet.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21100 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Aliens sure are weird. They are able to travel here from planets light years away but all they want to do is speed around in flashy lights. And of course there's that strange obsession with abducting drunk hillbillies.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3524 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Don't forget the probing. Are things so desperate on their world that they come all the way over here for a little action?

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
They probably come here just like we might climb mt Everest - just because.

And they probably consider us like we might consider a monkey using a twig as a tool to catch insects.

I think we think too much of ourselves (as humans). Smile They travel inter-galactically while we still haven’t discovered fire in their eyes.

I didn’t understand what the videos were showing…

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12713 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
Nah. Aliens come by, look us over, then lock their doors and mash on the go pedal.

Posts: 11837 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
Unknown stuff with unknown (but surprising) capabilities controlled/owned by unknown entities? What could go wrong?

Whatever it is, it's a good thing it's not coupled with stealth tech and so shows up on our equipment.

In case, you know, whatever it is needs to get percussive maintenance. If we were in a shooting war with technically capable adversaries, I doubt these unknown visitors would just get photographed. (This is assuming they don't outperform our missles, of course.)

Posts: 15022 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
The report, due to be delivered to Congress later this month, appears unlikely to quell a debate over what the Pentagon calls “Unidentified Aerial Phenomena,” which pilots have observed moving at hypersonic speeds and conducting maneuvers that would be impossible using known technology.

The draft report, the people familiar with it said, finds no evidence that the objects are alien spacecraft, but also no firm proof that they are not.

See... that's what makes speculation so much fun.
We just don't know.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24066 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post