SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Racial Disparities in School Discipline
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Racial Disparities in School Discipline Login/Join 
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:
quote:
Originally posted by senza nome:
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
quote:
They said he was a crack baby and that was the reason??
So give him enough crack that he can overdose and die.

flashguy

Tell em "Crack and Strychnine is the latest way to get high." Razz

What in the hell is wrong with you guys...

Crom, too.

Disgusting, and delusional, and worse, all of these comments.

While perhaps not in the best of taste I believe these were somewhat tongue in cheek comments. On the other hand what would you suggest for discipline of a pre-schooler that says fuck you bitch to his teachers? Seriously, what do we do with these kids? They are obviously lost at home.

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5685 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Krazeehorse:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by senza nome:
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
quote:
They said he was a crack baby and that was the reason??
So give him enough crack that he can overdose and die.

flashguy

Tell em "Crack and Strychnine is the latest way to get high." Razz

Crom, too.

Disgusting, and delusional, and worse, all of these comments.

While perhaps not in the best of taste I believe these were somewhat tongue in cheek comments. On the other hand what would you suggest for discipline of a pre-schooler that says fuck you bitch to his teachers? Seriously, what do we do with these kids? They are obviously lost at home.
I certainly did not expect my comment to be taken seriously. But it did provoke a response.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Crom, too.

?? Let's take the opposite approach: Does anyone claim that there are NO "racial disparities" ? That is simply preposterous and contradicted by virtually every test of every human trait.
What good can come from deliberately ignoring reality ?
Let's say, for hypothetical example, that a very well-researched sociological study concludes that "The Irish are more inclined to become alcoholics." As a person of Irish heritage, I could either whine and complain about the "bigotry", or I could make a note to myself to be damned careful about not consuming excess alcohol.
Which route is more productive for everyone, including myself ?

"Crom is strong! If I die, I have to go before him, and he will ask me, 'What is the riddle of steel?' If I don't know it, he will cast me out of Valhalla and laugh at me."

Posts: 6641 | Registered: September 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
The racial disparity in school discipline can be explained by looking at the racial disparity of the ones breaking the rules.
No crime? No fine.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ChuckWall
posted Hide Post
quote:
they are set up for failure in life.

And there's the trick. Pass them along no matter what. Get them into college no matter what. When they inevitably fail at the job or can't advance in a career, scream "RACISM!" and hide the truth. Seek reparations. Teachers Unions and Democrats continue to cash in on this.

MAGA

Posts: 5689 | Registered: February 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A little OT, but Arne Duncan is a militant gay activist and open supporter of NAMBLA. I do not value his opinions concerning children.

Posts: 17144 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted Hide Post
Is he one of those assholes claiming that pedophilia should be recognized as a sexual preference?

quote:
Originally posted by Fredward:
A little OT, but Arne Duncan is a militant gay activist and open supporter of NAMBLA. I do not value his opinions concerning children.

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
The product of some schools is abysmal. A 27 year old guy working with me claimed to have graduated from 12th grade. But could not multiply anything from the times-tables. Told him he had to get flash cards and practice.

This all started when he could not compute the pipe rise/fall at ¼" per foot over 40 feet. Then add the 10" from our established height through the front wall.

But he's driving around with a van full of tools.

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post