SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Two questions about gun storage in Florida - Humidity in Safe
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Two questions about gun storage in Florida - Humidity in Safe Login/Join 
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Powers77:
Even if I could get piece of mind on being able to keep the humidity in check I still wouldn't put one in the garage.

Too easy for prying eyes to take note of the safe any time that the garage door is open.
That is not a problem where OP lives. Driveway is a few hundred feet long and garage is not visible from the road, nor from neighboring property.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30658 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Wreckless
posted Hide Post
SWF here and safes are in a climate controlled house. No way would I put it in the garage. My SIL had corrosion on the hammer and trigger of his S&W stubby even with that. My firearms inside safes on both floors of the house have been fine.

La Dolce Vita

Posts: 543 | Location: SW Florida & SNJ | Registered: July 26, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
posted Hide Post
For ar5eas that are prone to rust, i'd suggest using this on them.

https://boeshield.com/

I've used it on boats in salt and brackish water and my scuba gear. While nothing is going to be one hundred percent in that environment, this helps significantly.

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net

Posts: 5803 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
I'm willing to bet the OP found a solution just after he asked his question. Six months ago.

Posts: 10931 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post