SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Got Covid shot, where to go?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Got Covid shot, where to go? Login/Join 
posted
Wife and I have got the Covid shot. We are retired. Last year we cancelled 4 or 5 trips. We are thinking about taking a road trip. I am curious about what states have the least restrictions. Wife is thinking it would be nice to do something that involves be outdoors. Sitting on a beach, walking around a town. But without having to wear a mask. We are thinking May or June. Is it too soon? Does anyone have any suggestions?

Posts: 618 | Location: northern VA. | Registered: August 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
Florida, maybe the Keys, but you didn't need a vaccine to go there!

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8865 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
It may have change since we were there the week of Thanksgiving, but the Keys were full on maskers. I would look along the Gulf Coast of Florida. Several local mask mandates in SWFL are set to expire and don’t look like they will be renewed. Charlotte County never had one, but the only city, Punta Gorda, has one that is set to expire. My current experience is people are free to ignore the signs and many businesses have taken their signs down.

Posts: 10911 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
In the near future of May or June, I'd go towards Red states.
Later in the summer and early fall, things should be a lot more clear and open in other areas of the country.

Posts: 9493 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Texas or Flordia....

Posts: 23388 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eye on the
Silver Lining
posted Hide Post
International?

"Trust, but verify."

Posts: 5303 | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not intentional. The dirty scum cancelled my June trip to Germany, France, and Spain. I could have waited another year, but opted for a refund less 500 bucks.

Posts: 17136 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Florida.....restrictions are really easy. Many places to go with beautiful beaches and everything you're looking for.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
St. Vincent?

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24066 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If no mask is the must have - Indiana is an option

Posts: 194 | Location: chicagoland | Registered: March 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dont come to Michigan. We have a fat, woman, Democrat for a Governor, who still mandates wearing a mask. Michigan still has a lot of other restrictions, so dont visit us here. Maybe come to Michigan after this entire COVID business is over.

If you think you can, YOU WILL!!!!!

Posts: 3833 | Location: Wolverine-Land!!!! | Registered: August 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIGForum Official Hand Model
Picture of ThankGod4Sig
posted Hide Post
South/North Dakota.

lots of stuff

Side trip to Nebrasaka

"da evil Count Glockula."-Para

Posts: 7903 | Location: C-bus, Ohio | Registered: December 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spiritually Imperfect
Picture of VictimNoMore
posted Hide Post
Swing on over next door to WV.
Lots of great areas in the NE part of the state to relax in the outdoors. Canaan Valley is our favorite; we go 6x a year.
For the most part, West Virginians don't give a shit if you wear a mask or not. It's how we're built. Big Grin

Posts: 3805 | Location: WV | Registered: January 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hawaii has really opened up in the last month. You'll still need to register first, and get a covid test before going (or on arrival), but with that done, just about everything is open and crowded. All this last year, Honolulu was a ghost town, relatively speaking. Not now. It seemed to really blow up about the time spring break rolled around.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ironworker:
Wife and I have got the Covid shot. We are retired. Last year we cancelled 4 or 5 trips. We are thinking about taking a road trip. I am curious about what states have the least restrictions. Wife is thinking it would be nice to do something that involves be outdoors. Sitting on a beach, walking around a town. But without having to wear a mask. We are thinking May or June. Is it too soon? Does anyone have any suggestions?

Ironworker, glad to hear you are doing well. Not really what I’d consider a roadtrip but I’m going to South Dakota later in the year for a hiking trip.

How about the NC coast, like Sunset Beach. Went there in October had a great time.

NRA Patron Member, Instructor and CRSO
NC CCH Instructor
GRNC Life Member
VCDL Member

Posts: 1838 | Registered: April 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
Go see rural America. It's beautiful. The metro areas are where you are going to run into the mask Karens and more restrictions. The north shore of Lake Superior in the Duluth area can be stunningly beautiful with lots of parks, hiking and things to see. But Duluth itself is very liberal and a mask is still required in most retail stores. I don't wear one and have never been approached by a store employee or mask Karen and told to wear one. You might get that look from a couple people but if that don't bother you you can walk around and breathe the air like the free man God intended you to be.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8524 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
hate to tell you but I'm sitting looking at the Atlantic right now... beach in S.C.

But you will have to mask up to go buy groceries...

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
You can't beat the beautiful beaches of the Emerald Coast of Florida (Panama City Beach to Pensacola), and we are wide open.

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4358 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pingman274:
quote:

Ironworker, glad to hear you are doing well. Not really what I’d consider a roadtrip but I’m going to South Dakota later in the year for a hiking trip.

How about the NC coast, like Sunset Beach. Went there in October had a great time.

Pingman274, I am fine. I hope you enjoy North Dakota. Misses Ironworker is thinking maybe we should take a road trip and see Mt. Rushmore. I enjoyed my visit with you in N.C. If you ever get back to the D.C. area, give me a call.

Posts: 618 | Location: northern VA. | Registered: August 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by pingman274:
quote:

Pingman274, I am fine. I hope you enjoy North Dakota. Misses Ironworker is thinking maybe we should take a road trip and see Mt. Rushmore. I enjoyed my visit with you in N.C. If you ever get back to the D.C. area, give me a call.

Absolutely! The kids moved to a better place in Courthouse. I’m sure we will make it up there this summer.

NRA Patron Member, Instructor and CRSO
NC CCH Instructor
GRNC Life Member
VCDL Member

Posts: 1838 | Registered: April 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post