SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    So, it's OK to have a gay pride month, but...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

So, it's OK to have a gay pride month, but... Login/Join 
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted
...having a straight pride month is a no-no. Roll Eyes

Does anyone really still believe the commies' call for tolerance?

https://www.huffingtonpost.com...31fbe4b08c3a8f6c6835

A California city official sparked outrage this weekend after calling for July to be designated “Straight Pride American Month” in an essay that appeared in a local newspaper and on his personal website.

The June 29 installment of Dixon Vice Mayor Ted Hickman’s column, “That’s Life,” contained a number of slurs against LGBTQ people and other eyebrow-raising language.

Blasting June as “LGBTQF-WTF month,” Hickman suggested “Straight Pride American Month,” or “SPAM,” as a time for “healthy, heterosexual, fairly monogamous, keep our kinky stuff to ourselves Americans” to be celebrated nationwide.

“Don’t get me wrong I support the First Amendment, as much as the next person, and support the rights of grown men to wear skin tight short-shorts and go-go boots and don tinker bell wings with wand and prance down the streets of San Francisco,” Hickman wrote.

Ted Hickman should be ashamed for sharing such an awful message... Dixon, CA needs to do better. A LOT better.

SPAM would be observed with “parades in every state and county in this country with families celebrating together,” he said.

“We honor our country and our veterans who have made all of this possible (including for the tinker bells) and we can do it with actual real pride, not some put on show just to help our inferior complex ‘show we are different’ type of crap,” he continued. “We work, have families, (and babies we make) enjoy and love the company (and marriage) of the opposite sex and don’t flaunt our differences dressing up like faries [sic] and prancing by the thousands in a parade in nearby San Francisco to be televised all over the world.”

Dixon City Councilman Devon Minnema released a statement on Facebook Saturday blasting Hickman’s column as “deeply disturbing.”

Rick Zbur, the executive director of LGBTQ advocacy group Equality California, in a statement called Hickman’s essay “inflammatory, hateful” and “an attempt to dehumanize members” of the queer community and called on him to resign.

“Mr. Hickman’s words have no place in our society — especially at a time when our nation is already so divided and studies show hate crimes are on the rise,” Zbur wrote.

A newly formed Facebook group calling itself Recall Ted Hickman drew over 1,000 followers as of Monday afternoon, and organizers have announced plans to protest at Dixon’s next City Council meeting, scheduled for July 10.

On Saturday, Dixon Mayor Thom Bogue said he didn’t approve of Hickman’s article but supports people’s First Amendment rights.

“While I do not approve of such an article — in my belief we are all American U.S. citizens where sexual (preference) shouldn’t play a role — I do believe in a person’s freedom of speech even when I don’t like what they are saying,” he is quoted by the Vacaville Reporter as saying. “It is not within my capabilities to sanction an elected official for what they wish to publish in the paper, nor would I, that is up to constituents within his district to determine if he represents their beliefs.”

In a Saturday interview with the Sacramento Bee, Hickman defended his remarks, arguing that his column “was tongue-in-cheek and had nothing to do with my elected position.”

Calling those who took offense to his words “thin-skinned,” he added, “My point was, what’s the difference? They have their pride month, why can’t we have ours?”

Posts: 20083 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
What's the problem with what he said? A lot of those guys do dress up as fairies - wands with stars on the tips, paper mache and glitter wings, tutus and all - to march in those parades. And the other things he said about gays are certainly no worse than the things Democrats have been saying about Republicans for at least the last couple of years.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rustpot
posted Hide Post
Normal people would ignore him, or tell him they don't agree.

In today's America disagreeing means you lose your job, you fear for your life, you are shunned from your friends and loved ones. Hell, you should just go meet up with all the other conservatives in a camp and work until you die, you NAZI SCUM.

And we're the crazy, unhinged ones. Roll Eyes

Posts: 6030 | Location: Romeo, MI | Registered: January 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:

Blasting June as “LGBTQF-WTF month,” Hickman suggested “Straight Pride American Month,” or “SPAM,”

Hehe

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:
What's the problem with what he said? A lot of those guys do dress up as fairies - wands with stars on the tips, paper mache and glitter wings, tutus and all - to march in those parades. And the other things he said about gays are certainly no worse than the things Democrats have been saying about Republicans for at least the last couple of years.

Fairies Smile

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8343 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
Every town, city, county, and state citizen should ask for this.

Maybe during the July 5th weekend?

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14036 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
If it truly is about diversity and inclusiveness, one would expect a straight pride month and a white history month.

But what's obviously missing is making it obvious it's not about diversity and inclusiveness.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19646 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SevenPlusOne
posted Hide Post
If you're born gay...there's nothing to be proud of, you didn't accomplish anything.
I mean, I get it, but I think it's an outdated thing at this point.

"Ninja kick the damn rabbit"

Posts: 4617 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: October 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ChuckWall
posted Hide Post
Why does anyone need a parade to celebrate the fact that they fuck funny? And what kind of parade is it that you can't bring kids to it? Will that penis as a nose thing ever get stale?

MAGA

Posts: 5689 | Registered: February 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, I have seen the pics of them dressed like that, but it is a slur to say that they do??

The leftists HATE THE TRUTH!

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For the same reason you can have a Black Miss America Pageant but not a White Miss America Pageant.

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
The nearby small city recently had its first Gay bash, organized by a New York City transplant (southern Virginia area) at a local brewery.

The leader of the 300 something event, told reporters ( as stated in the Richmond Times Dispatch), there were events like that in NYC, so he? Figured there should be an event like that in our local conservative region.

Get my point? Screw up the area you live in, move and stRt screwing up that area too.

Damn Mayor and Vice Mayor attended it, in same article, stated, "After all, we are a city of Diversity and Inclusion".

DUMB ASSES

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Yellow Jacket
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Floyd D. Barber:

Uh.... what exactly is that person, in the upper right corner wearing the brown jacket, doing? ? ? ?

God's mercy: NOT getting what we deserve!
God's grace: Getting what we DON'T deserve!

"If the enemy is in range, so are you." - Infantry Journal

Bob
P239 40 S&W
Endowment NRA
Viet Nam '69-'70

Posts: 1099 | Location: Fayette County, GA | Registered: April 14, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:

“Don’t get me wrong I support the First Amendment, as much as the next person, and support the rights of grown men to wear skin tight short-shorts and go-go boots and don tinker bell wings with wand and prance down the streets of San Francisco,” Hickman wrote.

Ted Hickman should be ashamed for sharing such an awful message... Dixon, CA needs to do better. A LOT better.

For real. Where did Hickman get such ridiculous ideas?

Posts: 8615 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
I say let 'em have a month. We have eleven.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post