SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Our archery club was burglarized - Update local news picks up story with video
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Our archery club was burglarized - Update local news picks up story with video Login/Join 
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted
Our local ABC affiliate picked up the story and ran a piece on it last night.

https://www.abc15.com/news/reg...sands-in-merchandise

I hate thieves!

Posting this up and boosting the signal because you never know who may run across something. Arizona Archery Club, the shop that our daughter shoots for and my wife and I coach at was burglarized last night with several thousands of dollars in merchandise stolen.

A lot of high end hunting clothing, some optics and a few bows were stolen. Among the stolen items were 5 PSE Evolve 28 compound hunting bows, a PSE PerformX compound target bow, a PSE Beast compound long draw bow, an Elite Ritual compound bow, a Ronin Sniper crossbow, 72 Gold Tip arrows, a Genesis bow and 12 Genesis arrows. In gun terms this would be 5 P229 Legions, a P210, a Ruger Precision Rifle, an HK P30, a Colt M4 Carbine, a case or 9mm ammo, a Daisy Red Ryder and a tube of BB's.

If anyone comes across some high end archery equipment for sale that seems like it may be shady, please contact Phoenix PD.

Link to club's Facebook page with security camera pics of the thief.
https://www.facebook.com/ArizonaArcheryClub/

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 2000Z-71,

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11765 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yokel
Picture of ontmark
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear.
I hope they get caught

Beware the man who only has one gun. He probably knows how to use it! - John Steinbeck

Posts: 3878 | Location: Vallejo, CA | Registered: August 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stop Talking, Start Doing
posted Hide Post
Mad

Posts: 5072 | Location: The (R)ight side of Washington State | Registered: August 31, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted Hide Post
Update at top.

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11765 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
They were in there 45 minutes? Didn't they have some sort of burglar alarm?

Now alarms have their limitations. But at worst, it puts a time limit on the break in. At best they may be caught in the act.

Someone should be watching Craig's List, eBay, et al, to see if this stuff is showing up on the "used" market. If it's noticed, see if local LE wants to make a buy.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BBMW:
They were in there 45 minutes? Didn't they have some sort of burglar alarm?

Now alarms have their limitations. But at worst, it puts a time limit on the break in. At best they may be caught in the act.

Someone should be watching Craig's List, eBay, et al, to see if this stuff is showing up on the "used" market. If it's noticed, see if local LE wants to make a buy.

The video stated that the alarm didn't work. Bummer!!

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Flea markets and Park-N-Swaps too.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16091 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Greymann
posted Hide Post
Check Craigslist

Posts: 1559 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: March 21, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The images of the guy with glasses are pretty good. I suspect numerous persons will recognize him.

-c1steve

Posts: 4053 | Location: West coast | Registered: March 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post