SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Another thumbs up for David Truong and Mimi's Jewelry
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Another thumbs up for David Truong and Mimi's Jewelry Login/Join 
SIGforum's Indian
Off the Reservation
Picture of bigpond73
posted
The wife has a ring, that was her mothers, who passed about 10 years ago. Her mom, in her remaining years, while losing weight, would adjust the ring band, by bending it a little. After my wife got it, it was in rough shape, but she continued to wear it, wrinkles and all. Eventually the band broke. We had it repaired at a shop in the big city about 50 miles away. That repair lasted about a month, and it broke again Roll Eyes .

So I tucked it away in the "project" box, and figured I would get it fixed one day. Earlier this year, her father committed suicide, and she has just been devastated. As a little pick me up for her, I decided to get in touch with our own Dave Truong at Mimi's Jewelry. I knew what the wife wanted done with her ring, and asked David if he could fix it. He told me, no problem, he would fix it, just send payment for return shipping Eek . Such a generous offer!

The wife received the ring yesterday, and it looks like new! The band is not kinked and wrinkled like it was, and the wife is thrilled. It really brightened her up. That ring means a lot to her.

All of that little back story to say, KUDOS Dave! As everyone knows, for your jewelry needs, talk to Dave first. My wife, and I thank you so much Dave.

Mike

You can run, but you cannot hide.

If you won't stand behind our troops, feel free to stand in front of them.

Posts: 4929 | Location: Southern Colorado | Registered: January 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
I have yet to do business with Dave but I couldn’t imagine a more deserving person to do business with.

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6311 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Optimistic Cynic
Picture of architect
posted Hide Post
I have done business with him, and my experience has mirrored that of many on this forum. He is an absolute joy to deal with, a rock solid and dead-huts honest businessman, and has exquisite taste in knowing exactly how to turn wishes and dreams into spectacular jewelry. Last year, I commissioned an anniversary ring for my wife. She had an old cheap two-stone ring that her late mother had given her. She never wore it, but it was precious to her. Dave, from merely a description of the ring managed to design and craft an absolutely beautiful ring that delighted my wife. Much nicer than, but enough like the old one to honor her mom's gift. She proudly wears her new one every day, and keeps her mom's old one in the jewelry box (called having her cake and eating it too). I believe this would not have been possible without Dave's sensitive and artistic help.

Posts: 6454 | Location: NoVA | Registered: July 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post