SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Audiophiles, question pls
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Audiophiles, question pls Login/Join 
Semper Fidelis Marines
posted
Which gives a better sound, Aux cords or bluetooth, I have a new Lexus and wondering if one is better than the other for streaming pandora in my car.

thanks, shawn
Semper Fi,
---->>> EXCUSE TYPOS<<<---

Posts: 3318 | Location: TEXAS! | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
Bluetooth is compression and compression's bad. Your aux cord will be better.

Posts: 3454 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted Hide Post
If modern BT 4.1 or greater, sound quality is A-OK. Going on Amazon to buy one of those BT-to-FM radio gizmos you need to read the details. There is one I purchased that was $25 and it works fine. Lexus RX330. But, the quality is "only" as good as FM. So, cords always work better, for fidelity, when you don't have direct BT to the car radio.

-------
Trying to simplify my life...

Posts: 5054 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Aux is better, but you might not notice the higher fidelity with all the road and background noise. Try both and see what sound you prefer.

Posts: 514 | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
In my experience, wired is always better than wireless for sound quality. However, when convenience is factored in, I'll deal with a bit of sound degradation in a good Bluetooth wireless connection just to ditch the cord.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Team Apathy
posted Hide Post
Also take into account the source material. I haven't used Pandora for years (since they publically stood with BLM) but I know that Amazon Music sounds pretty cappy in my truck due to the compression. My guess is the audio you get from Pandora is already compressed so using bluetooth likely won't make it worse than it already is.

If you had lossless audio burns on your phone then a cord would better take advantage of that format when compared to compressed streaming music or heavily compressed digital files.

In my truck I use bluetooth so I can take advantage of the other bonuses such as the phone integration and music track info on the radio display. If I'm in the mood where the compression bugs me I'll switch it to the USB flash drive that lives plugged into the unit or an acutal CD (remember those?!?).

Posts: 6364 | Location: Modesto, CA | Registered: January 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fidelis Marines
posted Hide Post
gotchya thanks fellas !

thanks, shawn
Semper Fi,
---->>> EXCUSE TYPOS<<<---

Posts: 3318 | Location: TEXAS! | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post