SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Bianchi Model 500 Stainless Steel Handcuffs Information Please
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bianchi Model 500 Stainless Steel Handcuffs Information Please Login/Join 
Yokel
Picture of ontmark
posted
I do not know where to post this so I am sorry if it is in the wrong Sub Forum. I went to an estate sale found these handcuffs in a Black Bikini belt carrier I believed it is called. No key with it. They look like they are made very well. Can’t find much information on them. Found one on EBay post that said final price $9.00. I found some pictures of them on an antique photo site.

All I know is the gentleman was 87 years old and was a Marine and served in the Korean War. After that he was a Deputy Sherriff, Marine Division in the county I live in. He won many Revolver Matches. There were also 4 framed targets with many LEO patches around the outside border of the target. One patch was even from the Secret Service. I wish the person that was selling the stuff could have told me more about this Man.

Back to my question about the cuffs. I bought them and belt carrier for $30.00. If they sold on Ebay as the post I found for $9.00 I way overpaid for them. They sure look to be made very well. No exposed rivets on the side plates. Why I bought them? Just something to add to my gun collection.

Beware the man who only has one gun. He probably knows how to use it! - John Steinbeck

Posts: 3878 | Location: Vallejo, CA | Registered: August 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
To all of you who are serving or have served our country, Thank You
Picture of Jelly
posted Hide Post
Methinks those Bianchi Model 500 handcuffs might be a rebranded Peerless 500 series handcuffs.

Posts: 2675 | Registered: March 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just having a good time
Picture of ragman
posted Hide Post
Jelly for the win. If those are not Peerless,I'll kiss a duck. Smile

" I didn't fail the test,I just found 100 ways to do it wrong." - Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 1484 | Location: N. C. | Registered: November 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a bunch of old Bianchi catalogs. If I can find time, I'll see if I can find them pictured and get back to you.

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Objectively Reasonable
Picture of DennisM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ragman:
Jelly for the win. If those are not Peerless,I'll kiss a duck. Smile

Prepare. Big Grin

Not Peerless. Brief run in the 80s (my academy class had a bunch of Bianchi castoffs from a department who got tired of them.)

With Peerless, each cuff is a "mirror image" of the other so that if the double bars are both facing up, both keyholes are facing the same way... either in or out. Same with the double lock. Bianchis are two of the same "side," if you will, just joined with a chain. Quickest way to tell them from Peerless, S&W, Hiatts, AHC, etc.

Posts: 2452 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
I’ve got a set, they were my first cuffs, I used them for many many years, used them to arrest the first guy I ever hooked up.

There is a flaw in their manufacturing. The hinge pin where the single bail and double bail swivel. Since the hinge pin is flush, they can be pried open with a seatbelt connector. When I was showed that, I retired them, but all my other cuffs were welded so they couldn’t be pried open.

When I showed my department, they replaced all the cuffs with smith and Wesson’s handcuffs and they had us turn in any peerless or bianchi cuffs we had.

Cool buy, but to your question, a pair of handcuffs goes for about $35 a set(new) .

This message has been edited. Last edited by: MikeinNC,

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11246 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4859
posted Hide Post
I can't recall how long they offered these but I have a broken pair. One of the Deputies I used to work with tossed them in the trash one night. Lock broke and I kept them for the heck of it. I did some research in the 2000's and like MikeinNC said they were not the best made handcuffs.

-----------------------------
Always carry. Never tell.

Posts: 5772 | Location: Montana  | Registered: May 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A standard sized handcuff key will fit them.

Hit it with a little WD40, work them for about 5 minutes, wipe them off, they'll last another 25 years.

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8320 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Considering the cuff case was included in the buy, I dont think you paid too much.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16004 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post