SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Michael Bloomberg preparing to enter the Democratic Primary fray
Page 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 28
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Michael Bloomberg preparing to enter the Democratic Primary fray Login/Join 
Exceptional Circumstances
Picture of dave7378
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:

Regardless of how realistic his assessment: The policy was an egregious infringement on the 4th Amendment. You can't use demographics to establish reasonable cause no matter how reasonable some may think it. No matter how effective doing so may have been.

Throwing the Constitution out to achieve an objective rather misses the point.

Agree 100%. "Egregious infringement" is exactly right.

Yes, even if accurate as minority report.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 5905 | Location: Hampton Bays, NY | Registered: October 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The most recent Morning Consult poll has Bloomberg jumping to #3 at 17%, trailing Bernie at 25% and Biden at 22%. Warren and Pete back at 11%. This poll was taken Feb 4-9, so it is possible that Bidens implosion in the last couple of days may have Bloomberg already in 2nd place.

Posts: 580 | Registered: September 30, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:

Regardless of how realistic his assessment: The policy was an egregious infringement on the 4th Amendment. You can't use demographics to establish reasonable cause no matter how reasonable some may think it. No matter how effective doing so may have been.

Throwing the Constitution out to achieve an objective rather misses the point.

Agree 100%. "Egregious infringement" is exactly right.

Absolutely this is one of those things where it may have been highly effective, but I am not willing to give up my (or a young black man's) liberty in the name of safety.

Being black on a street corner doesn't give you probable cause, even if it's probable that they are committing crimes.

Bad policy, and violates the 4th Amendment.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20742 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
Bloomberg's past remarks may come back to haunt him...

https://www.yahoo.com/news/mik...banks-150627318.html

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
I've heard commentary that dems are withholding donations until a candidate is selected so they don't waste money on anyone who won't eventually contest DT. There probably is something to this and the spigots of dem donations will likely flow freely once they nominate a candidate.

Doomburg will likely spend much money on this campaign, regardless of if he is the nominee. His ties to china are strong, and he doesn't want DT upsetting his applecart.

We will see record spending on this election by the dems, and it will be interesting to see what nearly unlimited spending can do. It may be there will be a Trump bashing ad during every network TV break, and everywhere else possible.

Posts: 7436 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
Here's my joke about Bloomberg running for president, and forgive me if someone else has already pointed this out:

Rich obnoxious white guy thinking he can buy the presidency? No, that will never happen......

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I won’t even consider taking him seriously until he starts going out into public. You know, debates, rallies, actually answering questions that aren’t scripted from his 300 million dollar ad buys.

It’s all ads so far. He’s dangerous yes. Dangerous when his money backs lib candidates. He himself won’t play well when he actually has to present himself. Yea, guardian of minority rights. Too much out there in his own words to defend himself.

Note to the next future billionaire candidate who tries to buy his own election. Shut the fuck up for the few decades prior to running.

Posts: 7327 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pedropcola:
I won’t even consider taking him seriously until he starts going out into public. You know, debates, rallies, actually answering questions that aren’t scripted from his 300 million dollar ad buys.

I've said this before, and I honestly believe this to be the case: Bloomberg is counting on people walking into the voting booth and pulling the handle for him because his is the only name they remember.

Yes, despite the repeated calls for easy-as-pie voting, I take a different point of view: If you can't be bothered to learn who the candidates are and what they stand for, you shouldn't be voting.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post

Posts: 23207 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
And now we know that Bloomberg's so far behind the times that he doesn't have a chance of winning the nomination. How do we know that?

Sam Donaldson just endorsed him.
http://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/...idate-083245675.html

"Sam Who?"
Exactly.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Exceptional Circumstances
Picture of dave7378
posted Hide Post
Bloomberg considering Hillary for running mate.
https://nypost.com/2020/02/15/...as-his-running-mate/

I welcome it. There is plenty of baggage on both of them to bring up if it gets serious. I don't think he could have picked a worse running mate, if it comes to pass.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 5905 | Location: Hampton Bays, NY | Registered: October 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dave7378:

I welcome it. There is plenty of baggage on both of them to bring up if it gets serious. I don't think he could have picked a worse running mate, if it comes to pass.

I just threw up...

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6309 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smlsig:
quote:

I just threw up...

Dear God, it is the gift that keeps on giving. Remember in the other thread where everyone was calling him a brilliant man?

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37071 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ranger312:
The most recent Morning Consult poll has Bloomberg jumping to #3 at 17%, trailing Bernie at 25% and Biden at 22%. Warren and Pete back at 11%. This poll was taken Feb 4-9, so it is possible that Bidens implosion in the last couple of days may have Bloomberg already in 2nd place.

I strangely remember polls that had Hillary beating DJT by 20 points on election day.......

Don't think I'm going to put a lot of stock in that.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37071 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

A Communist for President, AND
A Criminal for Vice President..... sounds like a match made in heaven

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
Saw the Bloomberg people downtown today. Happy and smiling. BM, WM, and two young smooth-elbowed WF's. In an affluent area. A few scrappy BPs (Bloomberg people), loners, running solo. With earbuds, ignoring the rabble was never more pleasant. But I did mutter "Mini-Mike" passing one of the scrappers.

Thirteen Moons by Charles Frazier (2006). Read by Will Patton.

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
Unless the dnc plan is that bloomberg would resign and hillary would step up.

Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by az4783054:
Unless the dnc plan is that bloomberg would resign and hillary would step up.

It would have to either be that or he’d have to have an arkancide wish. Can you even imagine?

Posts: 6864 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
The most dangerous job in the world is being President with Hillary as VP. Man, I wouldn't take that gig for all the tea in China.

Posts: 11341 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post