SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Michael Bloomberg preparing to enter the Democratic Primary fray
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 28
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Michael Bloomberg preparing to enter the Democratic Primary fray Login/Join 
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
You missed a point.

Funny thing is, I can't see how he could win the Democritter nomination. I do think there's an out side chance he could win the general as an indie. I think that's where his money would come more into play.

quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
He's a straight white male wall street ten billionaire (more than just a billionaire)

He's got this much of a chance with the Woke Democrat Party of 2019 to be their candidate:

This message has been edited. Last edited by: BBMW,

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
He's missed most of the debates. That's got to piss off the other monkeys.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Exceptional Circumstances
Picture of dave7378
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by radioman:
meh, people just don't like him outside of NYC.

His stance on guns and his policy of stop and frisk while mayor will be his demise.

I own a service business and was asked to provide a quote for service at his home and declined. One of only two times in 22 years I have done that.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 5906 | Location: Hampton Bays, NY | Registered: October 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/...-nomination-n2556199

Bloomberg Launches a Bold, Unique Strategy for Clenching the Democratic Nomination

While most of the 2020 Democrats are focused on Iowa and New Hampshire, former New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg is taking a different approach. Because he is entering the race so late in the game, his team has decided to skip focusing on the Iowa Caucuses and the New Hampshire Primary. Instead, his team will focus solely on Super Tuesday, where voters in 15 states and abroad cast their primary votes.

According to the Associated Press, Bloomberg's team realizes the strategy is bold but his wealth can help him overcome that obstacle. After all, Bloomberg is one of the wealthiest men in the world, with a net worth of $53 billion.

“If we run, we are confident we can win in states voting on Super Tuesday and beyond, where we will start on an even footing,” advisor Howard Wolfson said.

His staff is rushing to file paperwork to qualify to get on the ballot in Super Tuesday states, like Arkansas, which deadline is fast approaching. It was announced on Friday that he will be on the ballot in Alabama, which launched the billionaire's official presidential campaign.

Bloomberg has repeatedly said he would not run for president but, after looking at the crop of candidates, decided to enter the race. According to the AP, he wasn't feeling confident in any of the contenders's ability to beat President Donald Trump in the general election.

Democrats, however, don't see how his strategy can be successful

“I don’t think you can just hopscotch around the calendar to suit your own political purposes,” Democratic strategist Bill Carrick said. “You skip the early states, you’re going to have a difficult time. I don’t see any evidence that strategy ever works.”

Super Tuesday is set to take place on March 3, 2020 and includes: Alabama, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Democrats Abroad, Maine, Massachusetts, Minnesota, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont and Virginia.

Posts: 19505 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
Isn't Super Tuesday mostly southern states? Somehow I don't think he'll play to well in the south. Then again, it's the Dem primaries, so, who knows?

quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/...-nomination-n2556199

Bloomberg Launches a Bold, Unique Strategy for Clenching the Democratic Nomination

While most of the 2020 Democrats are focused on Iowa and New Hampshire, former New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg is taking a different approach. Because he is entering the race so late in the game, his team has decided to skip focusing on the Iowa Caucuses and the New Hampshire Primary. Instead, his team will focus solely on Super Tuesday, where voters in 15 states and abroad cast their primary votes.

According to the Associated Press, Bloomberg's team realizes the strategy is bold but his wealth can help him overcome that obstacle. After all, Bloomberg is one of the wealthiest men in the world, with a net worth of $53 billion.

“If we run, we are confident we can win in states voting on Super Tuesday and beyond, where we will start on an even footing,” advisor Howard Wolfson said.

His staff is rushing to file paperwork to qualify to get on the ballot in Super Tuesday states, like Arkansas, which deadline is fast approaching. It was announced on Friday that he will be on the ballot in Alabama, which launched the billionaire's official presidential campaign.

Bloomberg has repeatedly said he would not run for president but, after looking at the crop of candidates, decided to enter the race. According to the AP, he wasn't feeling confident in any of the contenders's ability to beat President Donald Trump in the general election.

Democrats, however, don't see how his strategy can be successful

“I don’t think you can just hopscotch around the calendar to suit your own political purposes,” Democratic strategist Bill Carrick said. “You skip the early states, you’re going to have a difficult time. I don’t see any evidence that strategy ever works.”

Super Tuesday is set to take place on March 3, 2020 and includes: Alabama, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Democrats Abroad, Maine, Massachusetts, Minnesota, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont and Virginia.

Big Stack
posted Hide Post
And apparently everyone is jumping into the pool (I didn't feel the need to start a new thread for this.)

https://nypost.com/2019/11/09/...0-presidential-race/

Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dave7378:
quote:
Originally posted by radioman:
meh, people just don't like him outside of NYC.

His stance on guns and his policy of stop and frisk while mayor will be his demise.

I think this is fair. It is going to be super funny hearing him crow on about "taxing the rich".

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37084 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of eTripper
posted Hide Post
"Not Bloomberg! He's an a-hole!"

"We're after men - and I wish to God I was with them. The next time you make a mistake, I'm going to ride off and let you die." - Deke Thornton, - The Wild Bunch

Posts: 758 | Location: 'The Hive' beneath Raccoon City | Registered: February 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Cool deal. He can steal the nomination and the progressives can run Bernie or Liz under a third party flag. Bring the chaos.

Posts: 4273 | Location: Peoples Republic of Berkeley | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The difference between Mike Bloomberg and Elizabeth Warren/Bernie Sanders is that Michael Bloomberg is trying to buy the election with his money, and Warren/Sanders are trying to buy it with yours.

Posts: 1042 | Location: New Jersey  | Registered: May 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Facts are stubborn things
Picture of armedprof
posted Hide Post
If he wins, the Big Gulp will be dead...

Do, Or do not. There is no try.

Posts: 1786 | Location: Just South of Charlotte, NC | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fed161:
The difference between Mike Bloomberg and Elizabeth Warren/Bernie Sanders is that Michael Bloomberg is trying to buy the election with his money, and Warren/Sanders are trying to buy it with yours.

It's a good point.
Furthermore, Mike Bloomberg is very concerned that Elizabeth Warren wants to buy the election with HIS money.
Poor, poor rich guy... Big Grin

Will Mike Bloomberg pick up the Biden vote?
Will Biden survive the "impeachment inquiry"?

Stay tuned ...

As Warren Fades, Is It Down to Bernie vs. Biden?

https://pjmedia.com/vodkapundi...-to-bernie-vs-biden/

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 23945 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
His adverts have been running in non-prime time here in S.E. Michigan for a couple days, now. Long ones, too.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Husband, Father, Aggie,
all around good guy!
Picture of HK Ag
posted Hide Post
His ads started showing up two days ago here in Houston. He is very proud of his antigun group support and features this in the middle of his ad.

He and his wealth are a great threat to the RKBA. He needs to be defeated specifically because of this dangerous point of view.

I heard someone mention on Fox last night that he is worth 55 billion, Damn! A quick internet search appears to validate that figure. As such he can afford to spend the reported $99M on electronic ads and still not really impact his nest egg.

HK Ag

Posts: 3496 | Location: Tomball, Texas | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
His adverts have been running in non-prime time here in S.E. Michigan for a couple days, now. Long ones, too.

No kidding. I saw his first one last night on a local Philly channel, and I thought it would never end. Bunch of cliched, boring rhetoric of course too.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30298 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:

He is spending almost as much on just this "rollout" as the other candidates have spent YTD combined!
But I doubt he gets much traction out of it.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."

-rduckwor

Posts: 23945 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BBMW:
And apparently everyone is jumping into the pool (I didn't feel the need to start a new thread for this.)

https://nypost.com/2019/11/09/...0-presidential-race/

Holder...I predict that if he does, his campaign will be fast and furious. And unsuccessful.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15501 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
When Bloomberg speaks does anyone else hear Dustin Hoffman's Rain Man character, Raymond Babbitt, speaking? I expect to hear Bloomberg say "Kmart sucks" or "30 minutes to Wapner" or

"I'm an excellent politician, definitely an excellent politician. I just can't leave the driveway."

Posts: 8603 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FishOn:
New thread to discuss the new threat from Mike Bloomberg.
I suggest that Bloomberg could be the Dem Candidate.
What are we going to do about it?
I suggest for starters, to look in to his thoughts on guns. We can go from there.
What do you think? What do you want to DO?

Bloomberg will spend literally Billions to win and/or support the Dem candidate. Focus on this, please.
What should we DO about this?? I know where I will be contributing my funds.

I don't think Bloomberg will be the Dem Candidate.... but:
Vote for Donald J. Trump, of course!

-rduckwor

186,000 miles per second.
It's the law.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
quote:
Originally posted by FishOn:
New thread to discuss the new threat from Mike Bloomberg.
I suggest that Bloomberg could be the Dem Candidate.
I suggest for starters, to look in to his thoughts on guns. We can go from there.
What do you think? What do you want to DO?

Bloomberg will spend literally Billions to win and/or support the Dem candidate. Focus on this, please.
What should we DO about this?? I know where I will be contributing my funds.

I don't think Bloomberg will be the Dem Candidate.... but:
Vote for Donald J. Trump, of course!

Sorry to post an alternative thread of late. Did not see this one until just now. But I do believe that Bloomberg is the number one threat. Be aware of this. This is serious business. Bloomberg will spend BILLIONS to win.

Posts: 3248 | Registered: August 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post