SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Michael Bloomberg preparing to enter the Democratic Primary fray
Page 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... 28
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Michael Bloomberg preparing to enter the Democratic Primary fray Login/Join 
Exceptional Circumstances
Picture of dave7378
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Prefontaine:
quote:
Originally posted by radioman:
Dang, Clint Eastwood has endorsed Little Mike

Say it isn't so. I'm so disappointed in Clint right now.

https://www.foxnews.com/entert...mike-bloomberg-trump

Wow. I'm so disappointed. WTF?

Maybe he knows Bloomie will get smoked.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 5907 | Location: Hampton Bays, NY | Registered: October 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Baron Flynt:
We’ll know a lot more after SC. If Biden doesn’t win big there the DNC will have no choice but to go all in for Bloomberg.

If they end up going with Bloomberg, the race is over. Trump wins in a landslide as dems stay away in huge numbers. I’d bet on the DNC screwing Bernie with a brokered convention and nominating Mr Stop and Frisk.

Trump had better fear Bernie if he is the nominee. It could end up being close. He is much more relatable than Shillary to working folks. Bernie could resurrect the blue wall and win.

I’m telling y’all. If Bernie somehow gets the nomination, Trump will have to run against another populist and it’s the only way he loses.

I agree. Bernie is a much bigger threat on election day than Bloomberg could ever be.

One of them wants to give free shit to everyone and is a likeable, relatable guy (if only in perception).

And the other is a rich NYer that almost no one likes personally.

Whereas, (President) Trump is now a known Presidential quantity. And much to the chagrin of the Left and mainstream media, the world hasn't ended, we aren't in another war, the economy didn't collapse, etc.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:
quote:
We’ll know a lot more after SC. If Biden doesn’t win big there the DNC will have no choice but to go all in for Bloomberg.

If they end up going with Bloomberg, the race is over. Trump wins in a landslide as dems stay away in huge numbers. I’d bet on the DNC screwing Bernie with a brokered convention and nominating Mr Stop and Frisk.

Trump had better fear Bernie if he is the nominee. It could end up being close. He is much more relatable than Shillary to working folks. Bernie could resurrect the blue wall and win.

I’m telling y’all. If Bernie somehow gets the nomination, Trump will have to run against another populist and it’s the only way he loses.

I agree. Bernie is a much bigger threat on election day than Bloomberg could ever be.

I just don't agree with that at all. This country as a whole simply is not ready to elect a communist. He practically praised Fidel Castro again during a broadcast tv interview for chrissakes.

If it comes down to Trump and Sanders, that will be one of the starkest contrasts between candidates this country has ever seen. A true red blooded ultra pro-American vs a ne'er-do-well, communist propagandist. Yeah, bring that on.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30407 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
You need the middle and fringe voters to win. No chance he gets those. Landslide coming.

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Exceptional Circumstances
Picture of dave7378
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:
quote:

I just don't agree with that at all. This country as a whole simply is not ready to elect a communist. He practically praised Fidel Castro again during a broadcast tv interview for chrissakes.

If it comes down to Trump and Sanders, that will be one of the starkest contrasts between candidates this country has ever seen. A true red blooded ultra pro-American vs a ne'er-do-well, communist propagandist. Yeah, bring that on.

Agreed

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 5907 | Location: Hampton Bays, NY | Registered: October 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Incumbents tend to win re-election, even if the have not done incredibly well in their first term. The truly dismal (Carter) do get beaten, and the exceptional win by landslides (Regan).

The Democrats would be smart to throw this election, and work on finding a candidate that might actually win in 2024 against whomever the Republicans nominate. Let Bernie get the nomination, let him lose spectacularly like McGovern and Mondale, and use that loss to purge the raving commies.

Engineering the nomination of the establishment's anointed candidate in a brokered convention will backfire, and only increase the resolve of the commies. There is only one way to beat them, and that is to let them self-destruct.

Posts: 4713 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
I see no meaningful differences (from our perspective) between Hillary vs Bernie vs Bloomberg, labels aside.

All three are now and were equally dangerous to and for America.

We likely wouldn't be better off with either of the three, in reality, in actual practice. Heck, as far as that goes, Bernie might be the least worrisome of all, kooky old man, with minimal political capital and much less money of his own. It's also extremely unlikely that he could get anything important passed. And he's soft, as a human, much much softer than Mike or Hillary. Anyway. Whatever. Pure guesses.

But only one of tbem is genuinely well liked by millions of Americans.

Me, I'd rather face the less popular one in what is the biggest popularity contest on Earth.

Bernie's fans love the kooky motherfucker, LOVE him. And there are shitloads of them.

No ome loves Mike Bloomberg, probably not even his wife. Bloomberg will only ever be a "Not Trump" or a "Not Bernie".

Don't get hung up on Labels. They're all the same, some flavor of commie-loving power-hungry shitstains.

Picture of nighthawk
posted Hide Post
The thing is Bernie has a lot of skeletons in his closet, not the least of which the failed college/ property deal, all his praises for the Cubans and Russians, among others that have not been brought out yet. Trump is the master of putting this out at the right time, and right way. If I was a dem, I would be very worried about what Trump would do.

"Hold my beer.....Watch this".

Posts: 5933 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Eh, the thing about Bernie playing at populism is that it's a wild card in that populists sometimes put together combinations of voting blocs that others don't. On the other hand, there are still a lot of primaries to go. Hell, we're still waiting to find out whether Bloomberg actually brings in votes.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Not to mention the Trump team has been gathering this information now for the past four years. Bernie is a known entity with, as has been said, many skeletons in his closet. He's been around a while, and though most people didn't pay much attention to the old bastard prior to 2016, the political nerds in D.C. sure have been. Frankly, that would be the main difference between a Bernie run in 2020 and Trump's run in 2016. Trump came out of nowhere. Sanders has been spouting his commie crap for decades.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30407 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Who are these skeletons of his supposed to dissuade, should he get the nomination?

We already don't like him and wont vote for him.

And what skeletons are worse than free shit, for the free shit crowd?

And what demographic is larger than the free shit crowd? Us? Hardly.

You seem to think most of the voting public thinks rationally or something. It's more optimistic than I, I guess. I know a wide wide group of Americans on all sides. Patriotism and love of country and anything that resembles the politics of people in this forum is rare-ish.

I'm delighted we won in 2016, but we barely won then and not even the popular vote.

I continue to think (if by a miracle the DNC let's him have the nomination) thst he's a much bigger threat in this election than either of the other Democrats could ever be.

Because too many voters are stupid, and too many want free shit.

I suspect that MFer being on the ticket would bring out the free shit voters in fucking droves.

Want to get people off their lazy asses to vote, offer them free college. See what happens.

I think we're in for a very tough race if he's nominated.

Crazy times, regardless.

Smile

Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
We're going to get a second measure of the effectiveness of Bloomberg's air war. He's opened up a massive campaign to try to make Bernie look bad on guns. From the tweet that goes with a 90-second video:

"The NRA paved the road to Washington for Bernie Sanders. He spent the next three decades making sure they got a return on their investment."

http://www.usatoday.com/story/...-control/4858400002/

Call me crazy, but I'd just about bet that those who don't simply ignore the tweet are almost certain to consider it a bit over the top. Then again, Biden doesn't seem to be getting anywhere with that argument against Sanders, so if it starts to hurt Sanders then I guess Bloomberg will have proved his Tweets can produce results.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Another Dem debate tonight and it's Bloomberg's do or die moment I think.

My prediction: he tries to fight back but ALL the candidates gang up on him and proceed to beat the shit out of him all night long, even worse than last week. Big Grin

Posts: 33801 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
quote:
No ome loves Mike Bloomberg, probably not even his wife. Bloomberg will only ever be a "Not Trump" or a "Not Bernie".

As I understand it, Bloomberg is divorced from his first wife and "living in sin" with his paramour, er, "companion," Diana Taylor.

Yes, Trump is several times remarried. Bloomberg won't even go down the aisle again. Must be the pre-nup.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Uh huh. Roll Eyes

quote:

"Let's just go on the record, they talk about 40 Democrats," Bloomberg said, referring to former Vice President Joe Biden.

"Twenty-one of those were people that I spent $100 million to help elect," he continued.

"All of the new Democrats that came in and put Nancy Pelosi in charge and gave the Congress the ability to control this president, I bough-... I got them."

Bloomberg, In Freudian Slip, Brags He "Bought" Democratic Majority In The House In 2018

Posts: 33801 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
Uh huh. Roll Eyes

quote:

"Let's just go on the record, they talk about 40 Democrats," Bloomberg said, referring to former Vice President Joe Biden.

"Twenty-one of those were people that I spent $100 million to help elect," he continued.

"All of the new Democrats that came in and put Nancy Pelosi in charge and gave the Congress the ability to control this president, I bough-... I got them."

Bloomberg, In Freudian Slip, Brags He "Bought" Democratic Majority In The House In 2018

Imagine the hair tearing and gnashing of teeth if a conservative were to have openly made that statement?

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15572 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
I wonder how much Mutt Romney cost Bloomers.....

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29695 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
quote:

That was me when it happened.

Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
We need to keep him in front of a microphone

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post