SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Michael Bloomberg preparing to enter the Democratic Primary fray
Page 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... 28
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Michael Bloomberg preparing to enter the Democratic Primary fray Login/Join 
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Thanks.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
Now he supplying catered food at his events. Some have even had free beer. Guy is doing his best to buy the presidency.

Posts: 1396 | Registered: August 25, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
^^^^^
Well even I could afford a keg to an event that only has 26 people attending...

Big Grin

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
Dang, Clint Eastwood has endorsed Little Mike

Say it isn't so. I'm so disappointed in Clint right now.

https://www.foxnews.com/entert...mike-bloomberg-trump

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10905 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Free men do not ask
permission to bear arms
Picture of George43
posted Hide Post
I would think Oddball would want to edit the thread

Title to remove the word "preparing".....

A gun in the hand is worth more than ten policemen on the phone.
The American Revolution was carried out by a group of gun toting religious zealots.

Posts: 3808 | Location: Spring, Texas | Registered: June 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Meanwhile, back in the ether...

Mike Bloomberg's Social Media Strategy Is Under Fire As Twitter Suspends 70 Pro-Bloomberg Accounts For Platform Manipulation
http://www.yahoo.com/news/mike...ategy-170829063.html

And here I didn't even know that Twitter has a "Platform Manipulation And Spam Policy". Then again, I've never tweeted, either.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:
Meanwhile, back in the ether...

Mike Bloomberg's Social Media Strategy Is Under Fire As Twitter Suspends 70 Pro-Bloomberg Accounts For Platform Manipulation
http://www.yahoo.com/news/mike...ategy-170829063.html

And here I didn't even know that Twitter has a "Platform Manipulation And Spam Policy". Then again, I've never tweeted, either.

Little Mike is paying thousands of dollars to each person who gets on Social Media and pumps his campaign. And there are a lot of them taking the free money to do this.

Reminds me of the "pump and dump" stock market schemes of the early days of the internet.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10905 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Exceptional Circumstances
Picture of dave7378
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BBMW:
Not by a long shot. He doesn't have to raise money, so he can roll with the puches and stay on his feet.

quote:
Originally posted by dave7378:
Stick a fork in Bloomie cuz he is done.

No, he's done. Just because he can spend money to stay in it doesn't mean he has a shot at the nomination. He has no chance.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 5907 | Location: Hampton Bays, NY | Registered: October 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
quote:
No, he's done. Just because he can spend money to stay in it doesn't mean he has a shot at the nomination. He has no chance.

You sound unfamiliar with their process...?

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:
quote:

You sound unfamiliar with their process...?

Looks that way from here, too. If their process wasn't so broken, Dave might be right. For a party labeled "Democrat," their nomination process is very un-democratic.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
I think even with Democrats, there's going to be a backlash to crazy uncle Bernie. I think Biden''s not looking viable, and that vote may land on Bloomberg.

quote:
quote:
Not by a long shot. He doesn't have to raise money, so he can roll with the puches and stay on his feet.

quote:

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

quote:

IMO I bet the DNC is feverishly working hard to figure how to dump Bernie. They know that he'll get slaughtered. And Bloomberg with his billions looks like a gift to them.

Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Personally, I will be exceptionally surprised if the DNC lets Bernie get the Nomination under any circumstances. I don't see it happening unless they become convinced that the combination of losing again in 2020 and screwing Bernie twice is even worse for the DNC in 2024.

To me, that's the question they're trying to answer behind closed DNC doors. I don't think there's much they can do to win in 2020, regardless. They're in a fight for survival, Party wise, IMO, like the GOP was in 2016. This is all about 2024, already, when they're being honest with themselves.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of EasyFire
posted Hide Post
Seems to me that if the Democrats can take the House & Senate, they can control the elected president whether it is Bloomberg or Trump.

Impeachment is a huge sword, but the Democrats have shown no hesitation in wielding it.

EasyFire [AT] zianet.com
----------------------------------
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
Colorado Concealed Handgun Permit Instructor
Nationwide Agent for >
US LawShield > https://www.texaslawshield.com...p.php?promo=ondemand
CCW Safe > www.ccwsafe.com/CCHPI

Posts: 1441 | Location: Denver Area Colorado | Registered: December 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by EasyFire:
Seems to me that if the Democrats can take the House & Senate, they can control the elected president whether it is Bloomberg or Trump.

Impeachment is a huge sword, but the Democrats have shown no hesitation in wielding it.

I see the house flipping before the senate; at minimum I see things staying status quo.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15559 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gearhounds:
quote:
Originally posted by EasyFire:

I see the house flipping before the senate; at minimum I see things staying status quo.

Beyond that, to be sure of impeaching and successfully removing President Trump during his second term, the Dims would require a majority in the house and a 2/3s majority in the senate. The first seems possible, the second seems extremely unlikely.

To me, it seems that there are two likely situations: Bernie kicks the rest of the GDCs butts so badly that the DNC doesn’t have the stones to steal the nomination and give it someone else, or Bernie doesn’t get that far ahead (or has a medical issue and drops out) and the DNC runs someone else, probably mini mike, but at this point there are other possibilities.

So, I find myself wondering which scenario costs the Dims more house and senate seats: Running a flat out Commie loon and having center left Dims sit the election out or running one of the other losers and having all the Bernie Bros sit this one out. I have to imagine that if there are any smart realists in the DNC, they know that they are definitely losing the Presidency again this year and they are trying to figure out how to minimize the thrashing that they are going to get in the house and the senate. I hope it keeps them up at night and that whichever way they go it maximizes their carnage.

Posts: 6914 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
I wonder what Biden thinks. Looks like Obama has thrown him under the bus for Bloomberg. LOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!

Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by radioman:
Dang, Clint Eastwood has endorsed Little Mike

Say it isn't so. I'm so disappointed in Clint right now.

https://www.foxnews.com/entert...mike-bloomberg-trump

Wow. I'm so disappointed. WTF?

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12620 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
Bloombie pay him off? Either way, he is just another idiot who pretends for a living. We used to call these people "fools".

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We’ll know a lot more after SC. If Biden doesn’t win big there the DNC will have no choice but to go all in for Bloomberg.

If they end up going with Bloomberg, the race is over. Trump wins in a landslide as dems stay away in huge numbers. I’d bet on the DNC screwing Bernie with a brokered convention and nominating Mr Stop and Frisk.

Trump had better fear Bernie if he is the nominee. It could end up being close. He is much more relatable than Shillary to working folks. Bernie could resurrect the blue wall and win.

I’m telling y’all. If Bernie somehow gets the nomination, Trump will have to run against another populist and it’s the only way he loses.

Posts: 506 | Location: Salt Flats | Registered: April 27, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post