SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Michael Bloomberg preparing to enter the Democratic Primary fray
Page 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 28
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Michael Bloomberg preparing to enter the Democratic Primary fray Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:
Here’s the video PASig alluded to on the previous page. Bloomberg is as ignorant about modern agriculture as he is about firearms, and that’s saying something. The condescending little prick...

These communists just can't shut their yaps can they.

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
I guess he qualified for the Wed Debates... time to step out of the shadows and into the light Bloomy!

Will be interesting to see how the other candidates deal with him.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had to send this to my farmer buddy in IA. This guy has way too much actual real baggage he has to explain. The best part of that clip literally is the last 5seconds where he sincerely is trying to not sound elitist but he can’t help himself. He tries to explain away his bias because the processes are different but then he just has to add that his process just requires more gray matter. Oh, so farmers and machinists are just dumber got it.

Posts: 7459 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vthoky:
quote:
Originally posted by Vgex:
Earlier today I received a text from random number asking:
"Hi I'm Paige from Mike Bloomberg's campaign. With so much at stake, American's deserve a Democratic candidate who can beat Donald Trump. Will you support Mike?"

Wonder what happens if you text them back with the message, "Kiss my butt"? (Aside, of course, from them continuing to spam you now that they know your number is valid....)

My reply to the text I received:

quote:
I wouldn't support Bloomberg if he gave me his entire fortune; took vows of celibacy, obedience, poverty, and silence; and spent the rest of his life caring for AIDS+ lepers with Ebola in the worst slums of Africa.

SO STOP SENDING THESE FUCKING TEXTS!!!

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31427 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Rhino previously posted this. more detail:

https://www.politico.com/news/...2020-election-115711

The multi-billionaire qualified early Tuesday for the nationally televised debate in Las Vegas Wednesday night , clocking in at 19 percent in a new NPR/PBS NewsHour/Marist poll — good for second place behind only Sen. Bernie Sanders. But making the debate stage threatens to lay bare one vulnerability Bloomberg's wealth cannot guard against: himself.

The former New York City mayor’s irritability with questions he deems unwarranted and controversies he feels he has already put to bed could undermine his debut on the debate stage, where Americans will be introduced to the man behind the ubiquitous campaign ads.

His rivals, who have been piling on in recent days, will try to rattle him by attacking his record, campaign aides have told POLITICO. His own team worries that an unsteady showing alongside practiced candidates could stall his momentum and swallow his gains.

“We are expecting that he is going to have a lot of attention on him — he’s going to be attacked,” a Bloomberg official told POLITICO, noting that it would be his first debate since 2009. The official, who declined to speak on the record, pointed to the other candidates who've had months of practice in eight debates and numerous forums and "have gotten better as it’s gone on.

So Bloomberg has spent weeks getting ready.

“You know me: I like a fight, and so I think it’d be fun to go and compete,” he said during an interview in Detroit earlier this month. Likening it to his sometimes contentious press conferences during his 12 years as mayor, he added, “I always thought that was fun to joust.”

Top Bloomberg lieutenants and policy experts have been preparing him for what would be the most unscripted event yet of his three-month-old campaign. As the prep sessions have ramped up, increasing in frequency, his team is working to get him to project comfort and composure in the line of fire, while portraying him as the toughest Democrat to take on Donald Trump.

Howard Wolfson, the veteran Democratic strategist who joined Bloomberg’s orbit in 2009 after working on Hillary Clinton’s 2008 presidential race, is playing the role of Sanders; Julie Wood, Bloomberg’s national press secretary, is depicting Elizabeth Warren; and senior advisers Marc La Vorgna and Marcia Hale are stand-ins for Pete Buttigieg and Amy Klobuchar, respectively.

Wolfson joked that his inspiration for Sanders came from watching “Statler and Waldorf,” the cantankerous elderly Muppets who lob critiques from their balcony seats. Asked about rivals trying to get under Bloomberg’s own skin, he quipped, “Haters gonna hate. Bring it on.”

Other potential pitfalls for Bloomberg are his tendency to use dated language — words like “bawdy,” for instance — to dismiss concerns about his financial news service’s work culture for female employees.

Bloomberg has a history of losing his cool in public. He once grew visibly annoyed at a reporter in a wheelchair who interrupted his press conference when he dropped a recording device. More recently, he urged a reporter to “get on with it” when he was pressed about his controversial stop-and-frisk policing tactic.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

let's hope he goes full Bloomberg, and shows everyone what an arrogant ass he is

Posts: 19564 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
Because I don't believe an elitist, statist demagogue who demonstrates a poor grasp of the U.S. Constitution should be President of the United States.

Literally stolen. I've saved this in case I get the text. Cool

Posts: 10913 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
Tucker Carlson nails it! Bloomberg is trying to buy the presidency - he believes only his wealth matters. Emphasis mine.
quote:

According to new numbers over the weekend, the Democratic primary race is constricting to become really a two-man contest. A lot of people are still in the race, but the outline of the future is getting clearer.

So on one side, you have a candidate, Bernie Sanders, who wants to turn this country into a comprehensive welfare state. He plans to upend every aspect of American life in order to impose a new economic order. Now Sanders isn't hiding what he plans to do; he is running on what he plans to do.

His main rival is Michael Bloomberg, the former mayor of New York. Bloomberg has shot to above 15 percent nationally in the polls from nowhere essentially. He is suddenly leading the race in the critical Super Tuesday state of Florida.

So what is Mike Bloomberg running on? That's a trick question, actually. Bloomberg isn't running on anything. Not because he doesn't have ideas -- he's got plenty of ideas, and some of them are far outside the American mainstream.

But Bloomberg doesn't think any of that matters. He's not running on ideas. He's not trying to convince voters of anything. He's not making arguments or working to change their minds on policies they care about.

He is trying to buy them and hence, the presidency. It's the single most cynical political campaign ever run in this country. Bloomberg is trying to subvert our democracy with cash, and he is going all-in to do it.

According to the latest numbers, Bloomberg has spent more than $417 million on advertising so far in this race. His nearest rival, Bernie Sanders has spent $40 million. That's less than a tenth.

Joe Biden, the man they told us was the front-runner, has spent just $12.3 million. Compare that, let's say it again, to the at least $417 million Bloomberg has pumped into the race just on advertising.

And that's just the beginning. Aides say Bloomberg is willing to spend $2 billion of his own money by Election Day and the number could go higher. Nothing like this has ever happened in America. Bloomberg's spending is like -- and pick your metaphor here -- a tsunami breaking over our political system. When the waters recede, there's nothing left. It's been flattened and wiped clean by the weight of Mike Bloomberg's wealth.

Bloomberg is the tallest figure on the landscape. The only one left upright. That's his plan. He has all but admitted that's his plan. Watch him disavow stop and frisk, the single most successful policy he had as mayor of New York.

Michael Bloomberg, 2020 presidential candidate: I defended it, looking back, for too long, because I didn't understand then the unintended pain it was causing to young black and brown families and their kids. I heard their pain, their confusion and their anger, and I've learned from them, and I've grown from them.

So think about what you just saw. It's not the normal pandering. Mike Bloomberg believes passionately in gun control. It's his life's mission. It's his signature issue.

Stop and frisk may have been the most effective gun control policy ever administered anywhere. It took thousands of illegal firearms off the streets of New York, but Democratic primary voters have decided they don't like it. They're against stop and frisk. So without even pausing, Bloomberg grovels, as you just saw, and attacks his own legacy.

Why did he do that? Because he doesn't care. Whatever. They are only words. He'll do whatever it takes. Now, they say politicians are ethically flexible, and of course, they are. But this is different. There's something ominous about it.

Bloomberg can seamlessly change his core beliefs because he doesn't think his beliefs are relevant to the outcome of this race. Only his wealth matters.

And the horrifying fact is he may be right.

How wealthy is Michael Bloomberg? Well, for context, the richest of the fabled Russian oligarchs, Leonid Mikhelson, is worth about $24 billion. Michael Bloomberg could literally give away twice that amount or spend it on a presidential race, if he wanted, and still be five times as rich as Donald Trump is.

It's hard to imagine just how much money that is. But with that money, Bloomberg can suffocate all opposition and seize power. Our ruling class, which worships money above all, sees nothing wrong with this. They're eager to help Bloomberg do it. Like Bloomberg, they're religiously libertarian on economic matters.

That's a position that's shared by only a tiny percentage of the population. No normal person in this country thinks the widening wealth gap is a good thing. It's so obviously making America unstable. But Mike Bloomberg has been one of its chief beneficiaries. He will defend the current system above all else. There's a reason he is the favorite of finance moguls and tech connoisseurs.

Again, this is a total departure from anything we have seen before in the history of this country. Say what you will about Donald Trump, but in 2016, he ran for president on ideas that large numbers of voters actually liked, whether or not they liked him.

Secure the border, end counterproductive wars, fight the fascism of political correctness. In selling those ideas, he spent about half what Hillary Clinton spent. But Bloomberg can't be bothered with selling ideas or with a platform. He doesn't care what the public thinks, that's why. He believes he can win by overwhelming voters with his money.

This is the nightmare scenario that campaign finance reform activists used to tell us about. They were right about one thing: our system has been vulnerable to people like Michael Bloomberg for a long time. He is just the first one who's actually tried to do it. You should be alarmed by his campaign for president.

Democracy doesn't break when voters choose unwisely; they sometimes do. Democracy collapses when what voters want becomes irrelevant.

Adapted from Tucker Carlson's monologue from "Tucker Carlson Tonight" on Feb. 17, 2020

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Tucker Carlson nails it!

Yep!

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24066 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fpuhan:
Tucker Carlson nails it! Bloomberg is trying to buy the presidency - he believes only his wealth matters. Emphasis mine.

I may be wrong but I believe that while mini mike may well buy the Dim nomination, he doesn’t have an ice cube’s chance in hades of buying the presidency. PDJT has done far too much good for this country and far too many voters understand that and their own self interest to well to give that nanny state prick the time of day, much less their vote.

Posts: 6914 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
The fix is in: The DNC is flat broke and Bloomberg has more money than God so he will be allowed to buy his way into this nomination.

It will be Bloomberg and Michelle Obama or Oprah Winfrey I'm thinking as the ticket.

Sorry Bernie, but you're about to get effed once again. Better take your consolation prize of another mansion and tell your Bros to shut up and don't burn the country down. Roll Eyes

Posts: 33769 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Amazing how Doomberg magically sling shots into 2nd place in the polling and qualifies for the debate.

A lot of money sure does buy one a shit-ton of support...from paid bots. Roll Eyes

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cogito Ergo Sum
posted Hide Post
Bloomberg should pick Judge Judy as his running mate.

Posts: 5694 | Registered: August 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
that Tucker Carlson video above is so true.

great analysis and description of Bloomberg's profound abuse of financial power

PASig said it: The DNC is flat broke

This is their get well plan

Big questions - how will DEM supporters of the other candidates react ?

Will American voters see this fraud for what he is ?

Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
Amazing how Doomberg magically sling shots into 2nd place in the polling and qualifies for the debate.

A lot of money sure does buy one a shit-ton of support...from paid bots. Roll Eyes

Polls, man. Take a look at spending and polls and you'll find that if you spend big money you can move polls, even if only temporarily. Take a look at spending and votes and you'll find that it's very easy to spend big money and not pick up that many votes.

Bloomberg isn't in a very good position. He had to spend money to get polling results in order to participate in the debate and therefore be able to act like a contender in the primary. Once he qualified for the debate, the poll numbers that got him into the debate became irrelevant. The thing is, Bloomberg had to be able to act like a contender in order to have a hope in hell of getting enough votes to actually be a contender - but he still hasn't gotten those votes yet, so no one knows exactly how much of a contender he will or won't be.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Bloomberg from 2011

Bloomberg says many 'black and Latino males' don't 'know how to find jobs,’ & ‘don’t know how to behave in the workplace,' in newly uncovered 2011 video

https://twitter.com/i/status/1229536180749946880

video at link

wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Victor Davis Hanson comments on Bloomberg's farming comments

https://youtu.be/24vxpD_sNOA

VDH:

a synopsis of Michael Bloomberg:

an isolated, insulated, egomaniac narcissist

Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
Bloomberg from 2011

Bloomberg says many 'black and Latino males' don't 'know how to find jobs,’ & ‘don’t know how to behave in the workplace,' in newly uncovered 2011 video...

Posts: 8614 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:

Big questions - how will DEM supporters of the other candidates react ?

Will American voters see this fraud for what he is ?

Probably not. Dem supporters are (in my opinion) some of the dumbest motherhumpers on the planet. Just wave a shiny facebook meme or new Disney movie at them and their attention span is reset.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
I haven't watched any of the Dem debates yet because I really don't give a shit but this one coming up could be very entertaining. Smile

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jimbo54:
I haven't watched any of the Dem debates yet because I really don't give a shit but this one coming up could be very entertaining. Smile

I was thinking the same thing Smile

I hear tell Bloomberg has all the charisma of a dead fish.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post