SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Gun shops in the ATL
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Gun shops in the ATL Login/Join 
posted
Going to possibly be in ATL for the weekend and looking for recommendations on good gun stores to check out. Not looking for anything in particular but you never know what treasures are out there. I'm thinking here is the place for the best guidance on where to go and where to avoid.

GW.

Posts: 642 | Location: Auburn, AL | Registered: August 24, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
Adventure Outdoors is a good one, it's in Smyrna.

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39752 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Stoddards Midtown. A little expensive but a very nice store/range.

Posts: 39 | Registered: January 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
Where in ATL are you going to be. Driving from one side of ATL to the other even on a weekend will be a PIA.

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4786 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GA Gator:
Where in ATL are you going to be. Driving from one side of ATL to the other even on a weekend will be a PIA.

All day and nothing better to do.

GW.

Posts: 642 | Location: Auburn, AL | Registered: August 24, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you are coming up from Auburn hit Adventure first and then work your way into town. Stay off I-285 if you can and get an early start. Native Atlantan here and just speaking from experience. Looking forward to a great fall in the Loveliest Village. War Eagle!

Posts: 584 | Location: Helena, AL | Registered: July 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of billnchristy
posted Hide Post
I always shop bullseye in lawrenceville

------------------------------------
My books on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/William-...id=1383531982&sr=8-1
email if you'd like auto'd copies.

Posts: 17916 | Location: Lawrenceville GA | Registered: April 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ScreamingCockatoo:
Adventure Outdoors is a good one, it's in Smyrna.

+1

Posts: 8618 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No place to go and
all day to get there
Picture of JWF
posted Hide Post
^^^+2
Soup to nuts gun store.

Just another day in paradise.

NRA
Georgia Carry

Posts: 1324 | Location: NW GA | Registered: September 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
AO is the big one. Pretty easy to get to from 285 on the west side.

The other "special" one you might consider is Chuck's in Buckhead. They recently moved and are now down on Miami Circle. They're a more high-end sporting store... lots of SxS and OU shotguns from across the pond, Kimber and Cooper rifles, Sigs, Colt and S&W pistols, usually some Garands. If you like to fish, go next door to the Fish Hawk... great guys and great gear.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10486 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chilihead and Barbeque Aficionado
Picture of 2Adefender
posted Hide Post
Chuck's is a very nice shop. Great place to look at some very fine guns, but their prices are pretty high.

Adventure Outdoors has a mind boggling selection of firearms. It's as big as a Costco store.

The Second Amendment is not about hunting or sport shooting.

Posts: 10489 | Location: FL | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
Georgia Gun Club is a great place. I've been there and I know the manager. They have an indoor 100yd rifle range.

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5397 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
A friend from Hotlanta just let me know that he concurs with the first reponse:

"The first response was the winner: Adventure Outdoors.

Other places may have better pricing, but this place is so huge and so well stocked... My last three handguns came from there and it is the first place I would go for my next one. Ammo is no real winner, at least the last time I looked. But they carry all of it."

As an aside he supports local brick 'n mortar vice mail order to an FFL for pick up.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16204 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post