SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Somebody is in trouble at the FBI
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Somebody is in trouble at the FBI Login/Join 
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
Ya know, calling these people the 'Keystone Cops' really just doesn't do them justice. Roll Eyes

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Yellow Jacket:
If that agent is so stupid to leave his car running and unattended at a gas station, he is too stupid to be an FBI agent.

I hope he gets fired.

I normally am against taking someone's livelihood but in this case, I have to agree.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19663 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
It has nothing to do with their investigation and EVERYTHING to do with trying to keep a tight lid on this with minimal media coverage.

Yeah I agree. J. Edgar was a power hungry guy but there was never this level of incompetence. I remember the slogan, the FBI Always gets their man.

Posts: 17236 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My apologies to Barney Fife. Turns out he's more competent than the FBI. Or Fruit and Berry Inspectors, as we used to call them in the Bureau of Prisons.

I remember an FBI agent questioning an inmate over a drug case. Our intel tech had to sit at the computer, listen over the speaker, and type questions for the "Special" agent to ask.

Posts: 17144 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Dead_Eye
posted Hide Post
I was under the impression police cars and government vehicles with firearms/expensive equipment have security devices so that this doesn't happen. I once had a sports car that had a code that had to be entered every time the vehicle was put in gear or else the car would shut down after 20 seconds. Do these vehicles not have such a security feature or was it because it was already running it had already been bypassed?

Beware the man who has one gun because he probably knows how to use it.

Posts: 368 | Location: Somplace with cold drinks and warm women | Registered: May 04, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
Fast & Furious, Part 2.

Yep;Weapons turned over to gangsters in a third world shit hole again

Posts: 12681 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Anyone with information on the incident should contact the FBI or Chicago Police.

Doubt the phone is ringing off the hook.

Posts: 7019 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"I'd ask you how dumb you are but you already answered that question"

No double standards
posted Hide Post
I was just thinking, what if the agent is NOT in trouble? Maybe put a sticky-note in the file for a month or two.

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
apparently that's what you have to do now a days to get promoted to supervisor

nothing will happen to the agent Smile

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53179 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master of one hand
pistol shooting
Picture of Hamden106
posted Hide Post
No lo jac?

SIGnature
NRA Benefactor CMP Pistol Distinguished

Posts: 6314 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Update from the Sun Times:
An FBI SUV containing several firearms and tactical gear was found Monday evening, hours after it was stolen on the Near West Side, authorities said.

The 2014 Chevrolet Equinox was found at 7:21 p.m. in the 900 block S. Leavitt, about two blocks away from the FBI offices, according to Chicago Police.

Hmmm. Does not say if the M4, two Glocks and tactical gear were missing. Does not say how they found it either. Maybe someone called about the stripped Chevy on blocks down the street from the FBI office. LOL

Posts: 17236 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
Update from the Sun Times:
An FBI SUV containing several firearms and tactical gear was found Monday evening, hours after it was stolen on the Near West Side, authorities said....Hmmm. Does not say if the M4, two Glocks and tactical gear were missing. Does not say how they found it either. Maybe someone called about the stripped Chevy on blocks down the street from the FBI office. LOL

Given it was Chicago, I am sure the perps were a couple of young kids who saw an opportunity for a joy ride. I can't imagine they would have taken any of the tools that seem to have been onboard. I mean, why would they have use for such things?? Wink

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The news keeps getting more impressive. From the AP wire:

CHICAGO (AP) — Authorities say they have found an FBI vehicle that was stolen in Chicago when an agent left it running at gasoline station.

In a statement, Special Agent John Althen said the white 2014 Chevrolet Equinox was stolen early Monday.

Chicago police were able to track down the vehicle late Monday after it was hit with a parking ticket two miles from where it was stolen. It was parked less than a half mile away from the FBI Chicago field office.

Meter maid found it!!! Further news is that they did not inspect the vehicle and instead had it towed. Wonder if it got to the impound lot before they ran the plates. Guess the FBI could not afford the tracking system.

posted Hide Post
Since we all know how the government seems to operate, in the future this individual will be a SAC in a field office or the next Director of the FBI.

It is amazing how many people leave their vehicles running with windows down and everything on the seat and head inside at the local Wawa, sheetz, Marathon etc.. Not just here in Richmond, but I notice it more and more when I head to Columbus to visit with family and friends.

Posts: 1836 | Location: In NC trying to get back to VA | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Some Shot:
I hope the Agent is prosecuted, as I would be, for doing the same thing.

Really? What would you, as a victim be prosecuted for?

Posts: 5742 | Location: Chicago | Registered: August 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
<dreaming> One day I'll find a gun case in my garden ... with a full auto MP5 ... Love 3-round bursts from a 9mm </dreaming>

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Some Shot:
I hope the Agent is prosecuted, as I would be, for doing the same thing.

What would you be prosecuted for? Unless you had an automatic weapon in you car you weren't supposed to.

posted Hide Post
I'm trying to remember what would have happened to me back when I was an Army Captain if I had left my M16 or PVS-7s unattended and it had been stolen...

Nothing good I am sure.

-------------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
posted Hide Post
Many of their vehicles have gear secured in the truck. But it's making it really easy when you leave the car running. You don't need the security fob to drive it away.

years back one agent came home late and accidentally parked across someone's driveway. After a few failed attempts to find the driver, the car was impounded and towed away. a few hours later the agent called in a panic thinking the car was stolen.

I don't have an issue storing the gear in the trunk area. But at least safeguard the vehicle.

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net

Posts: 5803 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post