SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Somebody is in trouble at the FBI
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Somebody is in trouble at the FBI Login/Join 
posted
I am hoping that the keys were not in the ignition. Talk about bad publicity. I am sure whoever took the vehicle will return it shortly.

http://wgntv.com/2017/07/03/fb...e-stolen-in-chicago/

Posts: 17235 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And the tactical gear and firearms were safeguarded. Sheesh!

Posts: 3221 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
My guess is that more than one somebody at FBI is in trouble.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:

I am hoping that the keys were not in the ignition....

Uh...WRONG! But your subject line is accurate.

http://chicago.suntimes.com/ne...n-on-near-west-side/

FBI vehicle containing several firearms stolen on Near West Side: FBI

CHICAGO NEWS 07/03/2017, 01:33pm

An FBI vehicle containing several firearms and tactical gear was stolen early Monday on the Near West Side, authorities said.

About 12:10 a.m., a 32-year-old FBI agent left the 2014 Chevrolet Equinox “momentarily unattended with the engine running” at a service station in the 300 block of South Morgan, according to Chicago Police and FBI spokesman John Althen.

A male suspect jumped in the vehicle and sped away, police said. No injuries were reported.

Firearms and tactical gear, including a ballistic vest, were inside the vehicle, Althen said; he would not say precisely how many weapons, or what type.

The theft was reported to the Chicago Police Department, which is working with the FBI to investigate, Althen said.

Anyone with information on the incident should contact the FBI or Chicago Police.

Posts: 15907 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
Didn't the FBI get called into Chicago to help solve the crime there?? Roll Eyes

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scoutmaster:
Didn't the FBI get called into Chicago to help solve the crime there?? Roll Eyes

Um yah...it was a BAIT car...yeah that's what it was.

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Main Thing Is
Not To Get Excited
Picture of wishfull thinker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by roberth:
quote:
Originally posted by Scoutmaster:

Um yah...it was a BAIT car...yeah that's what it was.

Big Grin Ha!

Posts: 6390 | Location: Washington | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
How many times does this have to happen before they learn about that shit?

And in shitcago yet!

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25643 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DrDan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sigmund:

About 12:10 a.m., a 32-year-old FBI agent left the 2014 Chevrolet Equinox “momentarily unattended with the engine running” at a service station in the 300 block of South Morgan, according to Chicago Police and FBI spokesman John Althen.

Jeez. I am from the suburbs, and even I know not to do that.

This space intentionally left blank.

Posts: 4876 | Location: Florida | Registered: August 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Pitiful. One doesn't do that, even in Jerkwater.

Posts: 26904 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Fast & Furious, Part 2.

Q

Posts: 26381 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cogito Ergo Sum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DrDan:
quote:
Originally posted by Sigmund:

Jeez. I am from the suburbs, and even I know not to do that.

Not his car so he didn't give a shit.

Posts: 5694 | Registered: August 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
Fast & Furious, Part 2.

That's what I thought too, and like the first they forgot the tracking part.

Posts: 193 | Registered: May 24, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Yellow Jacket
posted Hide Post
If that agent is so stupid to leave his car running and unattended at a gas station, he is too stupid to be an FBI agent.

I hope he gets fired.

God's mercy: NOT getting what we deserve!
God's grace: Getting what we DON'T deserve!

"If the enemy is in range, so are you." - Infantry Journal

Bob
P239 40 S&W
Endowment NRA
Viet Nam '69-'70

Posts: 1099 | Location: Fayette County, GA | Registered: April 14, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post

Men

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11278 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Yellow Jacket:
If that agent is so stupid to leave his car running and unattended at a gas station, he is too stupid to be an FBI agent.

I hope he gets fired.

I have to agree. That is beyond stupid, it's malicious, willful incompetence. There is no excuse, no extenuating circumstances that would justify leaving the car running - even if it wasn't filled with weapons and tactical gear.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just read the update. FBI is not releasing video at this time. I cannot see how this would hurt their investigation. I am more than curious now.

Posts: 17235 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
I just read the update. FBI is not releasing video at this time. I cannot see how this would hurt their investigation. I am more than curious now.

It has nothing to do with their investigation and EVERYTHING to do with trying to keep a tight lid on this with minimal media coverage.

As I said in another recent thread regarding FBI incompetence - a fish rots from the head down.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I hope the Agent is prosecuted, as I would be, for doing the same thing.

Posts: 1351 | Location: WI | Registered: July 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
Is that the Chicago version of Operation Fast and Furious? Confused

Posts: 13110 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post