SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    NASDAQ seeking mandatory corporate board diversity for all companies listed on their stock exchange
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

NASDAQ seeking mandatory corporate board diversity for all companies listed on their stock exchange Login/Join 
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rsbolo:
Seems easy enough. Get one board member to "identify" as a giraffe or whatever BS the NASDAQ is asking for and another to "identify" as an orangutan or whatever.

That's the idiocy of requiring something that cannot be proven.

And change their name to Elizabeth Warren?

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Companies should use the stupid rules against the stupid people.

This is total nonsense.

https://www.breitbart.com/poli...dentifies-as-female/

Nasdaq has moved to erase the reality of biological women in its quest to increase diversity in its thousands of listed companies, requiring them to include a director who only “self-identifies as female.”

There is no mention of hiring a biological female, meaning the role could, hypothetically, go to a transgender woman — a biological male who merely identifies as a woman — and still meet the diversity requirement:

NASDAQ bows to trans lobby and erases women - proposed diversity requirement for listed companies to include "females," defined as one "who self-identifies her gender as a woman, without regard to the individual’s designated sex at birth."

The release went further, defining an “underrepresented minority” as ” an individual who self-identifies as “Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Asian, Native American or Alaska Native, Native Hawaiian or Pacific Islander or Two or More Races or Ethnicities.”

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

so what is the problem ? "self identify" your way out

Posts: 19572 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post

Posts: 13255 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
So if I am gender fluid and multi-racial, do I get six board seats? Roll Eyes

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Companies and organizations competing to see who can achieve a higher level of Wokeness.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
There has to be money or a payoff at work here.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37957 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yew got a spider
on yo head
Picture of DoctorSolo
posted Hide Post
As an African-American Lesbian with a white penis, I am pleased, and will update my LinkedIN profile with my credentials and salary expectations.

Posts: 5134 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: April 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DoctorSolo:
As an African-American Lesbian with a white penis, I am pleased, and will update my LinkedIN profile with my credentials and salary expectations.

And you will bet multiple offers tomorrow. Roll Eyes

Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scoutmaster:
The "Diversity Officer" asked me how I promote diversity in the classroom.
My response would have been, "That's your job not mine. I simply try to teach business to whomever shows up in my classes." Something tells me that would also have been the 'wrong' answer. Wink

The NASDAQ BS is just more of the same stupidity. We should all contact the exchange and inquire who we can sue if these 'diversity' changes result in shareholders losing money.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
This rule was probably pushed up from several of the woke companies that list on NASDAQ vs them pushing it down.

Years ago the companies would simply tell the board to piss off and announce plans to move to the big board or S&P in retaliation to this nonsense.

It's amazing the power we've allowed a tiny group of misfits to have in the name of "diversity", this is no different than BLM, a power and money grab movement it really has nothing to do about advancing the rights of androgynous Pat's around the world....

Posts: 23439 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Johnny 3eagles:
Companies and organizations competing to see who can achieve a higher level of Wokeness.

Then when they achieve this, that begin to wonder why the competition has left them in the dust.

Posts: 9152 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Ice Cream Man
posted Hide Post
So... the companies are supposed to ask people their race and sexual preference?

Posts: 5735 | Location: Republic of Ice Cream, Miami Beach, FL | Registered: May 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SPWAMike0317
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aglifter:
So... the companies are supposed to ask people their race and sexual preference?

It would be discriminatory to ask employees so only Board Members will be asked. They need to be asked so that NASDAQ can discriminate against the company if they don't have the requisite diversity. Makes perfect sense.

Let me help you out. Which way did you come in?

Posts: 717 | Location: North of Pittsburgh, PA | Registered: January 29, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SPWAMike0317:
quote:
Originally posted by Aglifter:

It would be discriminatory to ask employees so only Board Members will be asked. They need to be asked so that NASDAQ can discriminate against the company if they don't have the requisite diversity. Makes perfect sense.

It is discriminatory, prejudiced, a violation of rights, and illegal, to ask an employee their sex preference or ethnicity. And in the name of "rights", firms on NASDAQ must ask Board Members their sex preference and ethnicity, so that such firms can be discriminatory and prejudiced.

Picture of MrToad
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
I'd love to see companies fail to comply, and then their public explanation be: "We believe in appointing directors whose qualifications and vision are best for the company, its shareholders, and its customers, regardless of their race, gender, religion, or sexual orientation."

But, but, but...how will we ever monetize virtue-signaling?!

If you like religion, laws or sausage, then you shouldn't watch them being made.

Posts: 3342 | Location: SW Ohio | Registered: April 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post