SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    10 year old's YouTube video...The Treeman...can a dad get some views?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

10 year old's YouTube video...The Treeman...can a dad get some views? Login/Join 
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted
My 10 year old son has been working on making stop-motion videos and short films for a couple of years now. He's produced some good stuff, considering his age and resources (and his dad's complete ignorance--at 10 I was running through the woods decked out in camo shooting squirrels with my .410 and convincing my step-mom to stew them up), but still has a lot to learn. He does some of it with his cousin that attends a regional arts school (she's in these videos).

This is without doubt the most important thing in the world to him, and I try to encourage it every way I know how. If you would take a couple of minutes to watch these two (it's a series of 2, about 10 minutes total), they all would get a lot of excitement from seeing the views go up. I'm not in the videos Wink

The two shorts are about two kids that get attacked and transformed by the infamous Tree Man, a vampire-like arbor-beast.

And if you have any kids or grandkids in the same age range that you think would find this interesting, ask them to follow his channel. It's kinda cheezy sometimes, but he loves it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntkZuaIBcxc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CtAfysPgGvs

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11448 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I viewed. Very creative. Just think, when the kid hits Hollywood, you can be in the entourage.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16086 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spiritually Imperfect
Picture of VictimNoMore
posted Hide Post
C'mon. You're the guy with the rifle in Treeman 2.
Admit it.
The boy has a solid grasp of iMovie .
Good job!

Posts: 3805 | Location: WV | Registered: January 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by VictimNoMore:
C'mon. You're the guy with the rifle in Treeman 2.
Admit it.
The boy has a solid grasp of iMovie .
Good job!

I'm not quite that tall and handsome lol. That's the father of the red-heads.

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11448 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I watched them, kind of campy, B movieish. I liked them, I have a thing for B movies.

I say for a 10 year old, it was fairly well done. Keep it up and they might just make it.

ARman

Posts: 3151 | Registered: May 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
I thought they were quite good. Nice to see kids working on something because they want to. Well done!

Posts: 6917 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
I was impressed with the first movie. Seriously. I'm not just giving lip service.

Considering the limitations of having just one camera and non-professional make-up and effects, the acting was impressive and the shots were good and well thought out. That took a lot of detailing.

The second video was cutish but that's because of the two cute girls. But even they were well-directed. Very well done. Far from amateurish.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19658 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
I probably won't be able to go back to sleep because I am spooked. Good job, kids.

Posts: 26900 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Velvet Voicebox
posted Hide Post
Very cool. Gave a like on both video's. Very creative. Like you, I damn sure wasn't doing anything like this at 10. He's on his way.

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."

--Sir Winston Churchill

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

--James Earl Jones

Posts: 7656 | Location: KCMO | Registered: August 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Done.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You can't go
home again
Picture of LBAR15
posted Hide Post
Viewed and liked!

---------------------------------------
Life Member NRA

“If you realize that all things change, there is nothing you will try to hold on to. If you are not afraid of dying, there is nothing you cannot achieve." - Lao Tzu

Posts: 4635 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: June 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Excellent.

Posts: 1350 | Location: WI | Registered: July 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
That's just great. Very well done.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12772 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
Well done and very creative!

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SF Jake
posted Hide Post
done....creative kids!!

Posts: 3119 | Location: southern connecticut | Registered: March 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
We watched it. My 2 year old girl clapped after the first ended. No applause for the second, but she got a kick out of the pig and the dog. Big Grin

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15714 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
Liked and subscribed...Good job!

I'll have my son like and follow as well this evening. He watches a lot of Youtube videos (he just turned 13).

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
I appreciate the time.

But more than anything, I appreciate seeing his face light up when he saw his views went from 24 when he went to bed to around 80 when he looked this morning. You guys really made his day!

-JALLEN

posted Hide Post
Viewed and liked

Posts: 848 | Location: FL | Registered: January 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just watched them both. Pretty good videos

Posts: 2226 | Location: Lawrenceburg, In | Registered: May 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post