SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Unexpected Bonus: TSA Pre
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Unexpected Bonus: TSA Pre Login/Join 
Too soon old,
Too late smart
posted Hide Post
NEXUS is good for 5 years, then must be renewed. Since we have a cottage in Canada it's the only way to go. It's good for entering Canada and also for re-entry to the U.S. There are dedicated lanes for NEXUS holders but that doesn't prevent the occasional idiot from entering anyway and then holding up the lane, not to mention the driver who thinks just because he has NEXUS it's ok to bring passengers who don't.

NRA Life Member
Member Isaac Walton League

I wouldn't let anyone do to me what I've done to myself

Posts: 1487 | Location: NoVa | Registered: March 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sns3guppy:
quote:
Originally posted by tatortodd:

NEXUS gives you Global Entry, TSA PreCheck, and fast entry into Canada. If you don't believe me you can read the website.

Nexus allows you use of global entry kiosks when coming from Canada, not from other locations. It's specific to flights to and from Canada.

https://www.cbp.gov/travel/tru...veler-programs/nexus

quote:
NEXUS
The NEXUS program allows pre-screened travelers expedited processing when entering the United States and Canada. Program members use dedicated processing lanes at designated northern border ports of entry, NEXUS kiosks when entering Canada by air and Global Entry kiosks when entering the United States via Canadian Preclearance airports. NEXUS members also receive expedited processing at marine reporting locations.
Incorrect. You’re quoting the wrong excerpts. I get global entry coming back from anywhere and I’ve used it to come back from places other than Canada (eg United Kingdom). Global Entry is built into the US passport and the passport is all I use for coming back to US. The only time I get out my NEXUS card is for when entering Canada and I use it in conjunction with my passport. That is how the NEXUS program works.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23102 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post