SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Governor of Kentucky is taking a page from the Trump Playbook.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Governor of Kentucky is taking a page from the Trump Playbook. Login/Join 
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted
Like Governor Bevin or not, he is taking them to school Trump style.

The liberals are losing their mind. Ginning up all the usual talking points. I took to his FB page and thanked them all for their effort. Without all the whining, BS talking points, and whatnot, we would not continue gaining seats in the statehouse, as well as national seats. If you have FB, stroll over and kill them with kindness. Big Grin

https://www.facebook.com/GovMattBevin/

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37081 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I watched the entire clip. "A complete abdication of responsibility." Precisely. They need it shoved in their faces over and over.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107254 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Agreed, sir. In every clime and place.

www.opspectraining.com

Posts: 37081 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shorted to Atmosphere
Picture of Shifferbrains
posted Hide Post
That was great!!

Posts: 5197 | Location: Manteca, CA | Registered: May 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I'm glad to hear the governor point out the sensitivity of "journalists" to any sort of criticism directed their way, as if being employed to report makes one part of a sacred, secret fraternity. I've worked as a news photographer and I worked with some crusty old reporters from way back and they must be spinning in their graves.

I like the way Al Swearengen put it to the newspaperman Merrick in Deadwood, telling him that "...you owning a print press proves only you’ve an interest in the truth, meaning up to a fucking point—slightly more than us others maybe, but short of a fucking anointing or the shouldering of a sacred burden, unless of course the printing press was the gift of an angel. I’d want to be there for that handoff myself."

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107254 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Rarely hear more fitting words in this day and age!!

"Once abolish the God, and the Government becomes the God." --- G.K. Chesterton

Posts: 3856 | Location: WNY | Registered: April 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I love our Governor!

He has done more for this Commonwealth in his short time in office then his predecessor his whole time in office.

I like his no BS, take it to'em approach.

ARman

Posts: 3146 | Registered: May 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ARman:
I love our Governor!

He has done more for this Commonwealth in his short time in office then his predecessor his whole time in office.

I like his no BS, take it to'em approach.

ARman

Even with Lil Andy nipping at him constantly. He has still performed well.

www.opspectraining.com

Man Once
Child Twice
posted Hide Post
I like this guy. No BS.

Posts: 11148 | Location: NE OHIO | Registered: October 22, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
High standards,
low expectations
Picture of Surefire
posted Hide Post
That was awesome to watch.

The reward for hard work, is more hard work arcwelder76, 2013

Posts: 5252 | Location: Edmonton AB, Canada | Registered: July 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
Good job Gov. Bevin - keep taking it to them!!!

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3785 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:

Even with Lil Andy nipping at him constantly. He has still performed well.

My sister works for Andy. We don't talk much.

Posts: 727 | Location: Raleigh, NC | Registered: May 15, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Lol. I imagine not.

www.opspectraining.com

Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
Telling it like it is, without notes or a teleprompter, especially at the end where opinions are being presented as news. Awesome.

Posts: 4006 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JoseyWales2
posted Hide Post
That was great. Give them both barrels Gov.

----------------------------------
"These things you say we will have, we already have."
"That's true. I ain't promising you nothing extra."

Posts: 576 | Location: Missouri | Registered: October 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
"Zippy the monkey could tell that is an opinion piece." Big Grin

What an outstanding beat-down of the media. Fantastic.

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8200 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
That was great. I know nothing of Gov. Bevin, but certainly would like to see honorable politicians (say WHAT?!?!) publicly, articulately chastising the media anytime they deserve it. I wish Trump were as articulate and concise as Bevin was in that clip.

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Excellent; thanks for posting.

I seldom watch such videos, but this was well worth it. Hopefully the days of our elected officials’ being afraid to break the taboo against criticizing the news reporting businesses and their employees forcefully and overtly are starting to end. Those people have had it all their way for far too long, and only when people start standing up to them will some of us finally realize the fact.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47365 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pizza Bob
posted Hide Post
And the headline reporting this read: "Kentucky Governor Compares Third Graders to Zippy the Monkey"

Adios,

Pizza Bob

NRA Benefactor Member

Posts: 1448 | Location: Central NJ | Registered: January 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
Dang, can I vote for him?

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9676 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post