SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Car travels 139' in air and narrowly misses car lot employee.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Car travels 139' in air and narrowly misses car lot employee. Login/Join 
drop and give me
20 pushups
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by trapper189:
The link is a Canadian news outlet, but the story says Crystal River. Crystal River? Florida?

Yee Haw, Florida Man!
possible FLORDIA location ....look for the FLORDIA TAG PLATE on a vehical after the crash..drill sgt.

Posts: 1999 | Location: denham springs , la | Registered: October 19, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Airborne on my ‘73 Triumph Bonneville motorcycle once. Happened on a curve, both the bike and I somersaulted.

No broken bones but lots of road rash. Landed in front of a house with two women inside. They came out and helped me. Took me inside and had some hydrogen peroxide on hand. Decided to flush the wounds with that. That took a little while, as I had them stop between wounds. Needed to let the intensity of the pain diminish before the next one was flushed.

Apparently it worked, never had an infection. Used Aloe as it was healing, no scars either.

Posts: 2130 | Location: south central Pennsylvania | Registered: November 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
With the Jeep a couple buddies and I were driving around in a new subdivision that had just had the roads put in. We weren't driving on the roads of course. The Jeep had a 304 V8 and a TH400 transmission. I had the transfer case in low range and was pulling up towards one of the roads. It had about a 3 foot berm going up to it, I told my buddy to hold on and stomped on the gas. The Jeep launched across the road, missed the berm on the other side and landed in all 4 wheels. Another friend happened to be driving down the road and swore he could have driven under us.

With the K car, I hit a patch of black ice, went partially up someone's driveway which launched the car over the mailbox and into the ditch. It knocked the mailbox off, but the post was fine. One tire went flat and the rear seatback popped out, but everything was fine otherwise.

Posts: 10909 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
chickenshit
Picture of rsbolo
posted Hide Post
That sure was Crystal River FL. I grew up there.

Crazy.

Posts: 8000 | Location: East Central FL | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
[HUGE THREAD DRIFT]

quote:
Originally posted by gearhounds:
The final scene from “Used Cars”...

I haven’t seen that movie since the 80’s when we were at a family reunion where my great uncle who owned the Ramada inn on university blvd in Jacksonville fla....it was the one where we got excommunicated because my dad said my great uncle was an asshole in front of everyone, and embarrassed him...but it was the truth!

Strange how things jar memories!!!

uncle quinton turned out to be a major dick and fucked over his family several times in his lifetime, first selling all of the family land(over 1k acres), selling the family farm, writing my mom out of family lands in a will and screwing everyone for a buck...

[/drift]

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11269 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post