SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    14 year old Maryland high school student raped in school bathroom by 2 illegal alien 'students'-Lawyers for illegals vow to attack the victim-Pg4
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

14 year old Maryland high school student raped in school bathroom by 2 illegal alien 'students'-Lawyers for illegals vow to attack the victim-Pg4 Login/Join 
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bigboreshooter:
The scumbag lawyer didn't have to take the case. And one with just a smidgen of decency would surely not further attack the young victim of such brutality.

Why do lawyers get a bad rap? Here it is....
And ya see, I look at that a bit differently. The defendant is entitled to an attorney. No question. This ambulance/headline chaser 'volunteered' for the job. As such, he should belly up to the microphone and be proud of his involvement, and disclose both his motives and anyone else's who are paying his fees. Don't be a chickensh*t and lie and hide behind some bogus 'ethics' excuse.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I hope they get the best defense money can buy.

Once they are convicted, they will not have any argument about an ineffective defense.

Posts: 7019 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Ice Cream Man
posted Hide Post
A) Some lawyers like to be hams. And, when there's a stuff like this, other defense attorneys like them - because, otherwise, they will have to be their attorney.

B) There is an ethical obligation for a defense. It can be ugly. I've had, next to, nothing to do with criminal law, but I was strong-armed into helping the defense for a real villain (all I had to do was find him counsel in another jurisdiction), I still felt awful - but it had to be done, because the man had a right to counsel, and someone was going to have to defend that POS.

Posts: 5735 | Location: Republic of Ice Cream, Miami Beach, FL | Registered: May 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
In my world, admittedly terribly old fashioned, the job of a lawyer is to see that the defendant gets a FAIR trial.

That does not include attacking the victim!

Wonder how the asshole would feel if it was his daughter or wife that had been raped.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25643 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Jury selection ought to be interesting.

-.-. --.- -.-. --.- -.-. --.- -.-. --.-
It only stands to reason that where there's sacrifice, there's someone collecting the sacrificial offerings. Where there's service, there is someone being served. The man who speaks to you of sacrifice is speaking of slaves and masters, and intends to be the master.

Ayn Rand

"He gains votes ever and anew by taking money from everybody and giving it to a few, while explaining that every penny was extracted from the few to be giving to the many."

Ogden Nash from his poem - The Politician

Posts: 1687 | Registered: July 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Elk Hunter:

If I remember correctly, that's what Hillary did long ago. I even realize everyone doesn't have or share the same sense of decency. But the way to reduce the amount of the asshattery being shown by the defense counsel is to allow them all the freedom they want. But then let them also share the prison cell with their defendant.

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18388 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
In sad and sorry fact, attacking the victim in cases like this was far more the norm long ago than today. It was common at one time for law enforcement officials to say that the victim was wearing provocative clothing, or got drunk, or was in a “bad” part of town and should have known better, or that she otherwise “deserved” being raped for some reason. I cannot imagine a law enforcement official saying something like that today.

One of the most memorable trials I had a chance to observe was of a soldier who kidnapped and raped a German woman at knifepoint. The defense didn’t claim that the incident didn’t occur as claimed by the victim (the subject confessed to pretty much everything when interviewed), but that “[the victim] was the type of woman who would have consented to sex with SGT [Subject] even if he hadn’t threatened her with a knife.” That was literally the entire defense, and to back up the claim? The woman worked in a bar, probably had other sexual partners, got off work in the early morning hours, and—horror of horrors!—had a tattoo on her arm.

I and another CID agent were able to attend the court martial because although we had been called, it was decided we weren’t going to testify. We could only sit in stunned amazement that the defense was able to attack the woman’s character in a way that had nothing to do with the circumstances of the crime. Even though this happened in the early 1980s, the previous year to the trial the Army (and probably all the armed forces) had sent down guidance to Staff Judge Advocate and CID offices stating that that sort of attack on sexual crime victims’ characters and which were unrelated to the offense was specifically prohibited at trial. Unlike us investigators, however, the prosecutor, judge, and (sleaze ball civilian) defense attorney were all evidently unaware of the fact—or simply didn’t care.

Despite having confessed to having abducted the victim by threatening her with a knife and then having sex with her at a deserted spot early in the morning, the sergeant was acquitted of rape and convicted of some minor degree of assault that didn’t even result in a punitive discharge.

So, character attacks on sexual assault victims are hardly new; they may be unusual in this day in age (I certainly hope so), but are obviously not unknown.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47410 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rburg:
quote:
Originally posted by Elk Hunter:

If I remember correctly, that's what Hillary did long ago. I even realize everyone doesn't have or share the same sense of decency. But the way to reduce the amount of the asshattery being shown by the defense counsel is to allow them all the freedom they want. But then let them also share the prison cell with their defendant.

Yeah, and she later laughed about, and then bragged about it.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25643 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
In sad and sorry fact, attacking the victim in cases like this was far more the norm long ago than today. It was common at one time for law enforcement officials to say that the victim was wearing provocative clothing, or got drunk, or was in a “bad” part of town and should have known better, or that she otherwise “deserved” being raped for some reason. I cannot imagine a law enforcement official saying something like that today.

One of the most memorable trials I had a chance to observe was of a soldier who kidnapped and raped a German woman at knifepoint. The defense didn’t claim that the incident didn’t occur as claimed by the victim (the subject confessed to pretty much everything when interviewed), but that “[the victim] was the type of woman who would have consented to sex with SGT [Subject] even if he hadn’t threatened her with a knife.” That was literally the entire defense, and to back up the claim? The woman worked in a bar, probably had other sexual partners, got off work in the early morning hours, and—horror of horrors!—had a tattoo on her arm.

I and another CID agent were able to attend the court martial because although we had been called, it was decided we weren’t going to testify. We could only sit in stunned amazement that the defense was able to attack the woman’s character in a way that had nothing to do with the circumstances of the crime. Even though this happened in the early 1980s, the previous year to the trial the Army (and probably all the armed forces) had sent down guidance to Staff Judge Advocate and CID offices stating that that sort of attack on sexual crime victims’ characters and which were unrelated to the offense was specifically prohibited at trial. Unlike us investigators, however, the prosecutor, judge, and (sleaze ball civilian) defense attorney were all evidently unaware of the fact—or simply didn’t care.

Despite having confessed to having abducted the victim by threatening her with a knife and then having sex with her at a deserted spot early in the morning, the sergeant was acquitted of rape and convicted of some minor degree of assault that didn’t even result in a punitive discharge.

So, character attacks on sexual assault victims are hardly new; they may be unusual in this day in age (I certainly hope so), but are obviously not unknown.

Did this, by chance, take place in Frankfurt, Germany in the early to mid '60s?

I was called to interpret for some German witnesses at a court martial.

Elk

-Thomas Jefferson

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
To the main stream media, this isn't newsworthy because it doesn't fit their narrative, but, 2 teens being prevented for boarding a flight due to their clothing is news.

Posts: 4010 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Why are the US taxpayers having to pay for a lawyer for a illegal, he has no rights! So he should have to pay for his own defense, or better yet send him back to his home country and let them put him in their prison. If they won't do that cut off any, aid, shut down visas for anyone from that country. The US needs to start playing hardball and quit this mister nice guy stuff, you let a criminal come from your country to ours you pay a price. A large part of our gang problems are from illegals that obama let in, he should be tried for every crime that they commit. My 2 cents

Posts: 1833 | Location: central Alabama | Registered: July 31, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dwright1951:
Why are the US taxpayers having to pay for a lawyer for a illegal, he has no rights!o
Unless I'm missing something, that's not correct.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107576 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Why are the US taxpayers having to pay for a lawyer for a illegal, he has no rights! So he should have to pay for his own defense, or better yet send him back to his home country and let them put him in their prison. If they won't do that cut off any, aid, shut down visas for anyone from that country. The US needs to start playing hardball and quit this mister nice guy stuff, you let a criminal come from your country to ours you pay a price. A large part of our gang problems are from illegals that obama let in, he should be tried for every crime that they commit. My 2 cents

Pretty sure once you are on US soil you have all protections granted in the constitution, same as a citizen does.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20821 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
quote:

Pretty sure once you are on US soil you have all protections granted in the constitution, same as a citizen does.
Which is why we should be doing everything we can to keep them out.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dies Irae
Picture of Opus Dei
posted Hide Post
quote:
Why are the US taxpayers having to pay for a lawyer for a illegal, he has no rights! So he should have to pay for his own defense...
Others covered the first sentence and it seems one of the accused had family hire a lawyer.

Posts: 5755 | Location: Fort Heathen, Texas | Registered: February 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017...arrested-by-ice.html

Father of Maryland high school rape suspect arrested by ICE

43-year-old Adolfo Sanchez-Reyes was arrested last Friday “after a review of his immigration history revealed he was unlawfully present in the United States” from Guatemala.

Sanchez-Reyes has been issued a notice to appear in immigration court and is currently being detained at the Howard County Detention Center in Jessup.

Sanchez-Reyes is the father of 18-year-old Henry Sanchez-Milian, one of two teenage students charged with first-degree rape and first-degree sexual offenses of a 14-year-old girl inside a bathroom at the Montgomery County high school.

Authorities have said Sanchez-Milian is also in the country illegally after he was stopped and detained by a U.S. border patrol agent in Texas last August.

“He was stopped at the border and detained by ICE,” said Andrew Jezic, the 18-year-old’s attorney. “He was detained for 12 days, but then ICE made the discretionary decision to simply let him go. They put him on a plane in Texas and his father had to pay for the ticket. His father picked him up at BWI Airport and he's been in this country with the full awareness of ICE.”

Jezic said his client is innocent and the encounter with the 14-year-old girl was pre-planned and consensual.

Posts: 19572 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Father of Maryland high school rape suspect arrested by ICE

Big Grin Cool Smile

ETA Damn it, scooped by sdy by one minute.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20821 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Jezic said his client is innocent and the encounter with the 14-year-old girl was pre-planned and consensual.

Yep, I'm sure that's it. I'm sure she planned to be gang raped and sodomized. Roll Eyes

Is it possible for a 14 year old girl to have "consensual" sex with an adult, legally?

What a scumbag!

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bigboreshooter:
quote:

Yep, I'm sure that's it. I'm sure she planned to be gang raped and sodomized. Roll Eyes

Is it possible for a 14 year old girl to have "consensual" sex with an adult, legally?

What a scumbag!

Unfortunately, yes, I posted this a couple pages back...

quote:
Originally posted by stoic-one:
Sad things going on here.

MD's laws make this a whirlwind of complete technicalities.
The girl can be said to have had consensual sex because the oldest perp isn't more than 4 years older than her. Essentially for the same reason, the perps can't be charged with statutory rape. What a major cluster-fuck.

http://www.legalmatch.com/law-...consent-lawyers.html
quote:
Like most states, there are some situations in Maryland where people under the age of consent may legally have sex, as long as there is only a small age difference between them. In Maryland, persons aged between 14 and 16 may consent to sex as long as the other partner is not more than 4 years older.

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6212 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://www.washingtonpost.com...m_term=.e862f956287a

Attorneys for one of the two suspects accused of raping a 14-year-old girl in a bathroom stall at Rockville High School said the girl texted their client the day before the incident and agreed to have sex with him, according to court papers filed Monday.

The girl also texted “explicitly compromising images of herself” to him, the attorneys asserted in the court filing.

“This was a consensual act. It was preplanned,” said David Wooten, an attorney for Jose Montano, 17.

Even if there were such communications made between the girl and one of the suspects, the criminal case would hinge on whether the girl agreed at the time to have sex — in a bathroom stall, with two people — or whether she was attacked.

Capt. James Humphries, commander of the Montgomery Police Department’s Special Victims Investigation unit, which is handling the case, said he stands by the investigation’s findings.

“The events were horrible. They were not consensual,” he said.

Police Chief Tom Manger has described the attack as “brutal” and said he is confident that police have a strong case.

Posts: 19572 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post