SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Lung Cancer fight - round 2! Update Page 5
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Lung Cancer fight - round 2! Update Page 5 Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Praying the treatment goes well. Keep us posted

Posts: 2750 | Registered: March 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
Hi, you are in my prayers as well as your family, doctors, medical team and pharmacy staff and all other workers who are involved. May God Bless.

Posts: 11805 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Ontmark, lung cancer treatment has advanced in leaps and bounds in the past few years. I have a good friend with metastatic lung cancer who should not be alive, but his genetics were right for an immunotherapeutic drug called Tagrisso. He is feeling and looking 100% and this could go on indefinitely.
Immunotherapy is the way to go if your genetics are right for it.
Sounds like you are in good hands.
Remember COBRA is good for I think 18 months?

Posts: 17999 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Living In A Wild Place
posted Hide Post
I wish you all the best in your journey! Best of outcome in your road to a good prognosis with a curative outcome.
Keep us updated.

Posts: 295 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: June 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.
Picture of thomjb
posted Hide Post
Still keeping you in my daily prayers.....

Thom

"Tulta munille!"
NRA Benefactor Life Member
NRA Certified Instructor
NRA Range Safety Officer
SAF Life Member

Posts: 2835 | Location: SouthWest IN | Registered: August 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
Late to following this. Prayers for recovery.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
Praying for you, hang in there.

Posts: 3435 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Prayers sent.

Silent

Posts: 1019 | Registered: February 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
My thoughts and prayers are with you today.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36834 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Prayers for you. Good luck with the infusion today.

You will beat this.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
PopeDaddy
Picture of x0225095
posted Hide Post
Prayers buddy.

Hang tough today.

0:01

Posts: 4197 | Location: ALABAMA | Registered: January 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
Fight the good fight my friend. I lost my wife to Non-small cell lung cancer last year. She was at stage IV when they caught it, so there wasn't much they could do but make her comfortable.

KEEP FIGHTING!

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You have cow?
I lift cow!
posted Hide Post
Hang in there man. Pullin for you.

------------------------------
http://defendersoffreedom.us/

Posts: 6956 | Location: Bay Area | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yokel
Picture of ontmark
posted Hide Post
Ubdate:

Well went Wednesday for infusion. They did blood work first. Then a visit with the Doctor.

He looked at the blood work results and listened to my lungs. I told him I have one more day on Levaquin and started the 30 Mg prednisone taper that day. He put infusion off for a week. I asked him why. He said he wanted lungs to clear up some more and blood work look good. So I will be back there this coming Wednesday.

This the Cancer Center I am going to. My doctor is MD. Sirott. He is one of the owners of the center also.

https://www.dvohmg.com/

A big thanks for the prayers and sharing info of others with good results on Opdivo.

Roy

Beware the man who only has one gun. He probably knows how to use it! - John Steinbeck

Posts: 3878 | Location: Vallejo, CA | Registered: August 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^
Putting off an infusion is pretty common. That is why they do the bloodwork first. It will not affect the overall outcome. The oncologist wants to be sure your body can handle the infusion.

Posts: 17140 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yokel
Picture of ontmark
posted Hide Post
Update #3

Well been off work since June 22. I’m on Oxygen 24/7. Went to my Pulmonologist today. Lung X-Ray shows infection and Pneumonia almost gone. Oxygen numbers still low hitting 86 while walking. Pulmonologist is releasing me back to work on Monday July 27 if work will take me to only do sedimentary work and be on Oxygen at that time. So we will see if work will allow it. I am a truck mechanic with one other new mechanic they hired in January for the company knows I am retiring next year June. Pulmonologist said the lungs will gradually continue to heal from the Pneumonia and should be off of Oxygen in one to two months.

Well I was hoping for one more month off of work but was real happy to hear that my health is improving and I could go back to work with conditions. Thanks for all the well wishes and prayers. I have another infusion treatment this Wednesday.

Thanks
Roy

Beware the man who only has one gun. He probably knows how to use it! - John Steinbeck

Posts: 3878 | Location: Vallejo, CA | Registered: August 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of craigcpa
posted Hide Post
Don’t be in a hurry; kick that pneumonia’s ass first!

==========================================
Just my 2¢

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right ♫♫♫

Posts: 7731 | Location: Raleighwood | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.
Picture of thomjb
posted Hide Post
You have been and will be in my prayers everyday

Thom

"Tulta munille!"
NRA Benefactor Life Member
NRA Certified Instructor
NRA Range Safety Officer
SAF Life Member

Posts: 2835 | Location: SouthWest IN | Registered: August 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My prayers are with you as well.
Hope you continue to get healthier.
My wife recently(spring) had pneumonia.
She just took a liquid called Pleurisy root by PURE HERBS, purchased at Heaven and Herbs, online.
Worked great. Normally she has had to take breathing treatments.

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
I’m glad for the good news. We’re all pulling for you.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19555 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post