SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Lung Cancer fight - round 2! Update Page 5
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Lung Cancer fight - round 2! Update Page 5 Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Prayers for You

Posts: 722 | Location: Maine | Registered: October 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Keep up the good fight.

Posts: 983 | Location: Nashville | Registered: October 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Prayers sent

Posts: 1562 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: August 17, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Altitude Minimum
Picture of BOATTRASH1
posted Hide Post
Ingmar best wishes for you!
V tail sorry to see this! Best wishes for you as well sir.

Posts: 1191 | Location: Shalimar, FL | Registered: January 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Prayers sent.

Posts: 1200 | Location: NC | Registered: February 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yokel
Picture of ontmark
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SigSAC:
Once things clear up a bit on this Covid-19, maybe a few of us can get together in an appropriate setting and share a meal. I'm about an hour away from you.

My contact email is in my profile. Let me know what you think.

Would love to do a brunch or something. I don't eat out much. Wife is a great cook. PS there is always a option of a shoot and sandwiches. There is Sac Valley or Yolo Sportsman Club. I am a member at Yolo Sportsman Club.

Thanks
Roy

Beware the man who only has one gun. He probably knows how to use it! - John Steinbeck

Posts: 3878 | Location: Vallejo, CA | Registered: August 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
You’re in my prayers, Roy.

Posts: 26838 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Prayers inbound. Keep the positive mindset. Trust in the Lord!

Posts: 507 | Registered: February 14, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.
Picture of thomjb
posted Hide Post
In my prayers every day

Thom

"Tulta munille!"
NRA Benefactor Life Member
NRA Certified Instructor
NRA Range Safety Officer
SAF Life Member

Posts: 2835 | Location: SouthWest IN | Registered: August 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of adobesig
posted Hide Post
Praying for your strength and grace as you remount for another battle, just like warriors do.

Posts: 1088 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Oh jeez, Roy, sorry to read this. Sounds like you’ve got the right attitude and are starting treatment from a good place. Positive thoughts

Posts: 13138 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Prayers sent O.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19079 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yokel
Picture of ontmark
posted Hide Post
Update in OP.

Thanks everyone.

God Bless

Roy

Beware the man who only has one gun. He probably knows how to use it! - John Steinbeck

Posts: 3878 | Location: Vallejo, CA | Registered: August 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Prayers sent from Wisconsin, Roy. God and you got this!

Posts: 1699 | Registered: November 07, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Distinguished Pistol Shot
posted Hide Post
Gods speed to you. From another cancer survivor.

Posts: 828 | Location: South Central MO | Registered: August 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
I know a couple of people that have had great results with Opdivo (sp?) so I hope you have similar luck!

Posts: 13731 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the update. Continued best wishes.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19555 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Prayer sent for strength and healing.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19079 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear this. I wish you well.

Posts: 78 | Registered: December 11, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yokel
Picture of ontmark
posted Hide Post
Update #2

Last week Monday I could hardly walk down the hallway of or modest house without losing my breath.

Got to the Kitchen Table to measure my O2. Not good. It was 79 and very slow recovery to 90. My at rest numbers lately has been 90 to 92.

I called the Oncologist’s Office for one of the side effects of the Immunotherapy drug OPDIVO was pneumonitis which may include shortness of breath. They got me an appointment to come in for an evaluation that afternoon. I also called the Pulmonologist office and the best they could do was a telephone appointment the next day.

Well the Oncologist said it was too soon for that side effect and they ordered a chest X-Ray. So off to the local Hospital for the X-Ray. Wife had to push m
e in a wheelchair. Walking was not doable.

Next day phone call meeting with Pulmonologist. He said there was an infection going on and a bit of Pneumonia. He asked me about the drug Zithromax and I said ten years ago Levaquin worked real good. On to a ten day regiment of Levaquin. He ordered me 24 hour oxygen also. 2 liters at rest 3 liters walking about. He also told me I will be off work for some time.

The Oncologist office called also to follow up regarding the X-Ray and I told them what my Pulmonologist has done and they were good with that.

So on to State Disability I go and probably COBRA for my medical coverage. Wife and youngest daughter will probably go on to Cover California (Obama Care).

A bit of a setback. But got to keep in mind that the Oncologist said my prognosis was good with a curative outcome.

Next infusion treatment is this Wednesday.

Thanks again for all the prayers and well wishes.

Roy