SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Cabela's Shelves Bare Naked ...
Page 1 2 

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Cabela's Shelves Bare Naked ... Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NK402:
My point has been that it's not a case of the retailors selling out of it, the retailors can't get it. So where is it? If the makers claim they are working overtime to try and meet demand, who is buying it? How is it disappearing between the manufacturer and the retailer? I'm usually not a conspiracy theorist but something funny is going on.

Ammo is available to buy, at least via websites. Generally at prices noticeably higher than what we saw a year or two ago. It's quite possible that events in 2020 have changed the way we do business. Brick and mortar store ammo sales may be going the way of the dodo bird.

I search ammoseek.com almost every day, often for multiple items. For many months their listings were minimal on popular calibers. The amount of product availability this afternoon is well beyond what I've seen in many, many months.
.223 Remy -- 294 items
5.56 Nato -- 183 items
.308 Win -- 280 items
.300 BLK -- 98 items
7.62x39 -- 159 items
9mm Luger -- hundreds. Enough items that they don't list the total number offered.
.45 ACP -- 148 items
.40 S&W -- 153 items
.38 Special -- 41 items
.22lr -- 179 items

I cannot recall the last time I touched ammo and then purchased it in a brick and mortar store. It's been many, many years. But I don't really want to count how much ammo I've purchased via websites in those years.

Posts: 7871 | Location: Colorado | Registered: January 26, 2008Report This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
I was in Jay's in Northern Michigan this weekend and it was the same.

Ammo shelves bare

Reloading shelves bare

1/4-1/3 normal new rifle/shotgun inventory. Similar or worse with used

7-8 pistols left in cases that used to hold over 150

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37957 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
If Biden places an executive order to prevent or suppress mail order ammo, the other dodo bird will fall over....

Posts: 1447 | Location: Western WA | Registered: September 11, 2006Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I want you guys to stop posting this stuff. Everyone knows ammo is incredibly expensive right now. Why keep going over this? Why? What is the point?
quote:
Originally posted by 2PAK:
If Biden places an executive order to prevent or suppress mail order ammo, the other dodo bird will fall over....
In particular, I don't want to see this fear-mongering in this forum.

There should be no more threads such as this. These threads are nothing but fear and misery. They're not informative and they're damn sure not healthy.

Posts: 107558 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post