SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    How is the current generation of Tahoe/Yukons holding up?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How is the current generation of Tahoe/Yukons holding up? Login/Join 
posted
To the GM haters: Please refrain from comment about general hatred of the brand or the bailout.

I'm wondering how the current generation of GM SUVs starting with 2015 are holding up at higher mileage. I have a 2015 (bought in 2014) with 65,000 miles. It has been absolutely trouble free and a fantastic vehicle. I typically trade between 75-100,000 mainly because I like something new. It doesn't look like much is changing with the 2018, so not much "trade up". Is it worth keeping this one over 100K? Any maintenance issues cropping up?

Posts: 8955 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Needs a check up
from the neck up
Picture of Timdogg6
posted Hide Post
I was thinking of going with a used 16, frankly I tend not to buy a 1st generation of a car. Get the bugs out and all. I am debating an Escalade or Denali, short version. Is your's a Yukon or Tahoe? Anything I should look at in particular?

The entire reason for the Second Amendment is not for hunting, it’s not for target shooting … it’s there so that you and I can protect our homes and our children and and our families and our lives. And it’s also there as fundamental check on government tyranny. Sen Ted Cruz

Posts: 5132 | Location: Boca Raton, FL The Gunshine State | Registered: July 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a Yukon SLT. I think there were a few upgrades added after mine which was VERY early production. The touch free tailgate opening is one and possibly some enhancements to the Bluetooth integration.

The only thing I don't care for (minor issue) is that the rear storage is slightly slanted due to the 3rd row seat stowage. Round objects will definitely roll out, even on level ground. Other than that, it's been really nice. Quietest, smoothest riding, best SUV I've had in 25 years of ownership.

Posts: 8955 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Needs a check up
from the neck up
Picture of Timdogg6
posted Hide Post
Sounds great, was hoping someone else would chime in here, let's bump this guy!

The entire reason for the Second Amendment is not for hunting, it’s not for target shooting … it’s there so that you and I can protect our homes and our children and and our families and our lives. And it’s also there as fundamental check on government tyranny. Sen Ted Cruz

Posts: 5132 | Location: Boca Raton, FL The Gunshine State | Registered: July 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
the truth will set you free
Picture of ilikefirearms
posted Hide Post
Check out www.carcomplaints.com Exactly what you are looking for.

Conan! What is best in life?
Conan: To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.

Posts: 1508 | Registered: September 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Needs a check up
from the neck up
Picture of Timdogg6
posted Hide Post
Thanks for that link!