SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    We Have Babies... The Vulture Eggs Have Hatched!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

We Have Babies... The Vulture Eggs Have Hatched! Login/Join 
Picture of ridewv
posted
Old tree stand on the property was a successful nesting place for turkey vultures last year.

And as I suspected they came back.
As of Sunday they were still eggs so these guys are no more than 4 days old.

No car is as much fun to drive, as any motorcycle is to ride.

Posts: 7097 | Location: Northern WV | Registered: January 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
We have plenty if you'd like. Razz
Do you encourage turkey vulture breeding for a reason?

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9687 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ridewv
posted Hide Post
Not encouraging or discouraging but I happen to like the birds. They harm nothing and do a service cleaning up carrion.
Black vultures are a different matter.

Posts: 7097 | Location: Northern WV | Registered: January 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
They're adorable!

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34115 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
We loves birdies, us.

tac

Posts: 11320 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
chickenshit
Picture of rsbolo
posted Hide Post
I have never seen a fledgling turkey vulture before. That is Awesome!

Posts: 8000 | Location: East Central FL | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
Like many creatures, they're probably at their maximum cuteness coefficient right now. In a year they'll be butt ugly.

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6390 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eye on the
Silver Lining
posted Hide Post
Thank you for sharing!

"Trust, but verify."

Posts: 5319 | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by slabsides45:
Like many creatures, they're probably at their maximum cuteness coefficient right now. In a year they'll be butt ugly.

A bit like me, really, looking at a couple of my baby photos the other day....

tac

Posts: 11320 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Fluffy. Youth is beauty.

Posts: 26904 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ridewv
posted Hide Post
Soon they’ll start hissing loudly and spreading out their wings when I check in on them. Trying so hard to look menacing LOL.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ridewv:
Not encouraging or discouraging but I happen to like the birds. They harm nothing and do a service cleaning up carrion.
Black vultures are a different matter.

Why do you not like black vultures ?? What do they do different from turkey vultures ?
We have some kind of vulture here in Idaho....I like to watch them fly ! mike

Posts: 1273 | Location: Idaho | Registered: October 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Now you just need to find a road kill 'possum to throw down about 50 feet away so the parents don't have far to go to get food(it'd be safer too).

Posts: 1474 | Location: Washington | Registered: August 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
Now a REALLY dedicated vulture lover would lie down and die right there for his birdies...

tac