SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The great thing about Sigforum.....
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The great thing about Sigforum..... Login/Join 
posted
So a couple months ago, I lost my job after 18 years of good reviews and faithful service. Today I had a skype interview and wanted to reference some of the Simon Sinek's videos that I had been exposed to from this site, and used with my team. I had a brain fart and forgot his name last night while preparing. I remembered Sigforum was where I was introduced to Sinek, and was able to search and find the link.

Long story short, my interviewer had purchased 30 of Sinek's books.

What I'm trying to say is this is a special place. I haven't been here long or post often, but I value this site. Thanks to Para, Admin team and whole community.

Posts: 281 | Location: Outside St. Louis | Registered: June 14, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
I concur - and I hope your interview went well (sounds like it did), and prayers for you to find the right job!

"The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli." - George Costanza

Posts: 6693 | Registered: September 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post
Para is responsible for the greatest forum on the net. One of the consequences of such great leadership is a community of great and intelligent people who are more than generous with their expertise in almost any given subject, and sometimes even with funding. I count myself fortunate to be a part of this forum.

I found what you said riveting.

Posts: 10704 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ScooterX:
I remembered Sigforum was where I was introduced to Sinek, and was able to search and find the link.

Liar.

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16270 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Essayons
Picture of SapperSteel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BurtonRW:
quote:
I remembered Sigforum was where I was introduced to Sinek, and was able to search and find the link.

Liar.

-Rob

^^^^ Wink Big Grin

Indeed, this is a great place, a great forum!

Except, maybe, for the search function.

Thanks,

Sap

Posts: 3452 | Location: Arimo, Idaho | Registered: February 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
BurtonRW - Lol, true the search feature was not helpful, but I remembered an approximate timeframe and was able to find the thread.

Posts: 281 | Location: Outside St. Louis | Registered: June 14, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Eh, you need to have that secret code to use the Search function properly.

Q

Posts: 26371 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SapperSteel:
quote:
quote:

Liar.

-Rob

^^^^ Wink Big Grin

Indeed, this is a great place, a great forum!

Except, maybe, for the search function.

Bookmark this and thank me later.

http://www.karmanator.com/sig_search.html

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20816 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
Search function works 100% if you've paid your quarterly dues. You HAVE settled your account, right?

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6389 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20816 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kadin
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I concur, this is definitely one of the top 5 forums on the net. It's a great place to be and I'm really glad I'm a member. In fact it's the only forum that I'm a member of.

Posts: 1848 | Location: Carrollton, TX | Registered: June 05, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
quote:

It's missing "B A SELECT SELECT START" at the end.

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16270 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Search function works 100% if you've paid your quarterly dues. You HAVE settled your account, right?

Can I pay it with a Green Dot card or an Itunes Gift card, or just send cash in the mail?

Posts: 17228 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doing my best to shape
America's youth
Picture of MooneyP226
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
quote:

It's missing "B A SELECT SELECT START" at the end.

-Rob

In the manliest way possible, I love you guys. That was awesome.

Clarior Hinc Honos

BSA Dad, Cheer Dad

Posts: 1624 | Location: on the 42nd parallel  | Registered: November 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
Sometimes, I wish old threads didn't get pruned. A lot of great information is lost. But then I remember all the times I was stupid or an ass, and decide pruning is not so bad.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post