SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Another Harvey Tear jerker
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Another Harvey Tear jerker Login/Join 
God will always provide
Picture of Fla. Jim
posted
""LINK""

A hypothermic toddler has been found clinging to her drowned mother after they were swept away from their vehicle in southeast Texas late Tuesday, according to police.

The woman and her daughter were driving south through central Beaumont — a city some 75 miles northeast of Houston near the border with Louisiana — when their vehicle got stuck in high water, said police.

The woman then pulled into a parking lot and fled the car with her child, Beaumont Police Department said in a statement on Facebook. Police believe she was then swept away into a flooded drainage canal before floating about half a mile away from her vehicle. Officers and two fire rescue divers later spotted the mother and daughter while patrolling the area in a boat. Police said they plucked the pair from the water moments before the two slipped under a floating railroad trestle.

Rescuers found the woman unresponsive and the child suffering from hypothermia, according to officials. They tried to revive the mother but she never regained consciousness. The child was in a stable condition.

Police did not say how old the girl is, although the Associated Press reported she was 18-months-old.

The pair's identities are being withheld until family members have been notified.

Posts: 4411 | Location: White City, Florida | Registered: January 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
While not making the news, I just found out my cousin in Houston just lost his wife due to sepsis infection. They were trapped in their flooded house for 3-days, she had recently had kidney surgery and was unable to return to the hospital, as her condition continued to worsen. They did get rescued yesterday but, it was too late and they lost her on the way to the hospital. I only met her once but, from all accounts she was the loving mother and wife that we all wish, she was 36.

Posts: 14655 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you see me running
try to keep up
Picture of mrvmax
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by corsair:
While not making the news, I just found out my cousin in Houston just lost his wife due to sepsis infection. They were trapped in their flooded house for 3-days, she had recently had kidney surgery and was unable to return to the hospital, as her condition continued to worsen. They did get rescued yesterday but, it was too late and they lost her on the way to the hospital. I only met her once but, from all accounts she was the loving mother and wife that we all wish, she was 36.

My condolences, that is terrible.

Posts: 4110 | Location: Friendswood Texas | Registered: August 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
My prayers for your cousin, his children and your family.

quote:
Originally posted by corsair:

Posts: 8623 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
All terrible.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do---or do not.
There is no try.
posted Hide Post
Condolences sent.

Posts: 4499 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post