SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    One of the Manson chicks denied parole for the 14th time...
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

One of the Manson chicks denied parole for the 14th time... Login/Join 
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GA Gator:
After reading Helter Skelter by Vincent Bugliosi the graphic nature of their crimes and how vicious they were, none of the perpetrators should be in society. They should have been shot as rabid animals.

Not to thread drift, but wasn't Vincent Bugliosi the author of another murder documentary, " And the Sea Will Tell", about the murder of a couple in the South Pacific? I remember reading it, and thinking he authored it, just as dastardly a story as "Helter Skelter".

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
A very vivid summer, 1969; Manson, Woodstock, Apollo XI, Vietnam.

....I got my first real six-string...

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10907 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
...and I got married. Y'all remember that don't you?

Posts: 18044 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
Wait, did you marry Jody?

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10907 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
One of the few positive things Moonbeam has done has been to consistantly block the parole of Manson and his acolytes.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Neil Young was living in Topanga canyon during that period.
At 35 minutes in Neil Young: Don't Be Denied documentary mentions Manson.

Revolution Blues

Posts: 425 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diversified Hobbyist
Picture of Steve 22X
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by radioman:
quote:

....I got my first real six-string...

And I worked for a carnival.
Set-up and tear down were hard work but it was one of the most fun jobs/summers of my life.

-----------------------------------
Regards, Steve
The anticipation is often greater than the actual reward

Posts: 2463 | Location: Wylie, Texas | Registered: November 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:

Yeah, the moon landing I still remember to this day, along with the Manson killings and Woodstock. Vietnam was on the dinner time Huntley Brinkley news everyday. Another event I remember at the time was Chappaquiddick; that got a lot of coverage and I remember my parents talking about it.

And of course, Altamont ended the year in December, an event I did not know at the time. The Stones weren't the biggest band yet.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16679 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
The Moon Landing, I was at Mustang Acres, a motorcycle scrambles track in Brighton Michigan. Raced in the 175cc class that day. The announcement came over the PA system that they had landed.

The Manson Murders, I was staying at my friend's parents cabin in St. Helen Michigan when it was reported on the news. Again racing, that time a enduro race IIRC. I was 17 at the time. Almost a whole continent away and it still creeped me out.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8099 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was 14 at the time doing what a 14 year in SW Missouri could do to imitate the "cool" of hippies but this national news was eye opening. Kids and people got killed around here but it was only by accident, what the fuck kind of mind would make a plan to butcher fellow humans?

Battered woman has no defense as society has now decided there is no difference in gender. Your best defense now is to claim you had a defective mind and soul and should sue faulty parenting for their lack of drowning you after birth, bitch.

Posts: 693 | Location: West of the Pecos | Registered: July 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
In Michigan around that time we had John Norman Collins in Ann Arbor and Ypsilanti,from Wikipedia:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michigan_murders

And this one from the year before, again from Wikipedia:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robison_family_murders but still in the news at that time.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8099 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sunset_Va:
quote:
Originally posted by GA Gator:
After reading Helter Skelter by Vincent Bugliosi the graphic nature of their crimes and how vicious they were, none of the perpetrators should be in society. They should have been shot as rabid animals.

Not to thread drift, but wasn't Vincent Bugliosi the author of another murder documentary, " And the Sea Will Tell", about the murder of a couple in the South Pacific? I remember reading it, and thinking he authored it, just as dastardly a story as "Helter Skelter".

Maybe a bit less dastardly, but still a terrific "legal thriller" by Bugliosi. Anything by him is worth reading.

Posts: 1071 | Location: Cary NC | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FrankMoses:
Maybe a bit less dastardly, but still a terrific "legal thriller" by Bugliosi. Anything by him is worth reading.

Including Reclaiming History: The Assassination of President John F. Kennedy. A more condensed version is Four Days in November, which is evidently an abridged version of the same topic. The first is exhaustive and a must for anyone who still entertains any of the goofy conspiracy theories that surround the event.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47399 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post