SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    One of the Manson chicks denied parole for the 14th time...
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

One of the Manson chicks denied parole for the 14th time... Login/Join 
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted
http://www.al.com/news/index.s...ml#incart_river_home

Parole has been denied for convicted killer Patricia Krenwinkel, a follower of cult leader Charles Manson, after officials investigated whether battered women's syndrome affected her state of mind at the time of the notorious murders.

Parole commissioners had postponed the proceeding in December while officials investigated the issue.

The parole board did not immediately release the reason for its recommendation Thursday at the California Institution for Women east of Los Angeles.

The 69-year-old Krenwinkel was previously denied parole 13 times for the 1969 slayings of pregnant actress Sharon Tate and four other people.

The next night she helped kill grocer Leno LaBianca and his wife Rosemary in what prosecutors say was an attempt by Manson to ignite a race war.

The law requires commissioners to give "great weight" to whether physical, emotional or mental abuse affected offenders to the point that it appears the criminal behavior was a result of that victimization.

Krenwinkel is the state's longest-serving female inmate.

After the murders, Krenwinkel fled to Alabama, attended Spring Hill College in Mobile, and was staying with her family in Mobile when the warrant for her arrest was issued.

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Good.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47397 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I agree with sigfreund !

Posts: 462 | Location: NW Indiana  | Registered: January 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
She can be paroled when Leno and Rosemary LaBianca testifies on her behalf.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43867 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of gasche
posted Hide Post
Battered woman syndrome? I'll go with mind altering drugs for the win.

Posts: 748 | Location: Western Washington AC | Registered: August 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
good outcome

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53165 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
At Jacob's Well
Picture of jaaron11
posted Hide Post
I wouldn't trust any member of the Family on the streets, even after all these years.

J

Rak Chazak Amats

Posts: 5281 | Location: SW Missouri | Registered: May 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Excellent!!

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
I don't disagree with the decision but she'd probably have been out before this if it wasn't a celebrity case.

Posts: 9495 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is circumspective
Picture of vinnybass
posted Hide Post
Call me hard-hearted, but I believe a life sentence should mean you die in prison. Wink

"We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities."

Posts: 5478 | Location: Las Vegas, NV. | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, the craziest and the meanest of the troupe DID die in prison, Susan Atkins

Posts: 1071 | Location: Cary NC | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
After reading Helter Skelter by Vincent Bugliosi the graphic nature of their crimes and how vicious they were, none of the perpetrators should be in society. They should have been shot as rabid animals.

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4786 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Went to high school with one of his followers.
She went to the LaBianca house that night.

PC

Posts: 1336 | Location: NW Wyoming | Registered: November 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Which one?

Posts: 5742 | Location: Chicago | Registered: August 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Who else?
Picture of Jager
posted Hide Post
GA Gator...speak brother.

The brutality of their crimes, they should be long gone. I can't get through reading the various accounts without creeping out.

Posts: 2568 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: October 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
What sort of bothers me is the cost of upkeep for this trash over all these years. I really don't care if they rot in prison, die in prison, or are just set loose out in the desert. As long as decent folks don't have to bother with them or pay for their every need, I don't care. At some point they probably will cease to be a threat. Oh, and I'm kind of offended at calling a 69 year old woman a chick. I'd prefer that term be restricted to those half that age or less.

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18387 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good riddance. A true life sentence might be worse than a quick death.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13397 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
A very vivid summer, 1969; Manson, Woodstock, Apollo XI, Vietnam.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107502 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Nope. You broke the trust. Now go away.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29683 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bulldog7972:
Which one?

Leslie Van Houten

PC

Posts: 1336 | Location: NW Wyoming | Registered: November 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post